PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for an electronic marker for under $300 ?

CFD323
05-02-2003, 03:10 PM
I've got a friend who's looking for an inexpensive electronic gun. He wants to keep it at $300 or less but I don't know what kind of choices that will leave him with. Can anybody give me any suggestions for a cheap electro marker ? I know the electronic Spyders are cheap but are they decent or just crap ? What about the Bushy's, Impulses ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

paint_munkey
05-02-2003, 03:23 PM
bko or used impy.

Ryknow
05-02-2003, 03:52 PM
spyder e-99, for under 300 you cant go wrong. Also, with a BKO as munkey mentioned he would have to get nitrogen. The e-99 can run great off co2, is fast and a great gun stock. I cant say enough good things about them. Get a e-99 and a Empire Re:loader and youll be ready to rock.

Brak
05-02-2003, 04:23 PM
i would get a BKO or electro spyder of some sort

Lopy-slopy
05-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Black dragons are dirt cheap. Especialy the Compacts. They are comparable to any spyder and you can get a hole package for like 130. Or you can get a standard for like 200.

rehme
05-02-2003, 04:43 PM
bkos are great guns for 300

also bkos are more upgradable then spyders

walker2287
05-02-2003, 05:53 PM
get an elctronic spyder, look at the differance between the differant clones i would suggest a jt 5.0/6.0 or a pmi e-force

FalconGuy016
05-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Piranha e-force!! ahhh they are so cool!

FreakBaller12
05-02-2003, 07:51 PM
i'd say a cheap spyder try the e-99 not the java spyders d descent with litttle problems and little maitnenence get a riochet or spend a few extra for a HALO mgiht be a little overboard for a spyder but upgrades is the name of the game

darklord
05-02-2003, 07:54 PM
bushy was the first thing that came to my mind...

Fatjon
05-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Ive got a bko with mac decdev reg if your interested hit me on aim at Fatjuggalo

CFD323
05-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Here's a stupid question then : What makes a Bushy a good electro ? Doesn't Indian Springs make the Bushy ? Do they have good customer service ? Does the Bushy take a lot ongoing care to keep it up and running ? I don't want him to have something that's too complicated either. If he wasn't so wound up about going electro, I'd tell him to get a mag. I've only ever owned AGD stuff so it's foreign to me. This guy that I'm doing the research for won't be playing tournaments, just rec ball. I hate to tell him to spend a lot of dough on something he doesn't really need that's why I thought Spyder Electra or E99 might be good for him. But if I tell him to get the Bushy, why do I tell him it's better than the Spyder line ? I appreciate the opinions of everyone, now give me some "education" as to why one's better than another.

Thanks again.
Shawn

WickeDKlowN
05-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CFD323
Here's a stupid question then : What makes a Bushy a good electro ? Doesn't Indian Springs make the Bushy ? Do they have good customer service ? Does the Bushy take a lot ongoing care to keep it up and running ? I don't want him to have something that's too complicated either. If he wasn't so wound up about going electro, I'd tell him to get a mag. I've only ever owned AGD stuff so it's foreign to me. This guy that I'm doing the research for won't be playing tournaments, just rec ball. I hate to tell him to spend a lot of dough on something he doesn't really need that's why I thought Spyder Electra or E99 might be good for him. But if I tell him to get the Bushy, why do I tell him it's better than the Spyder line ? I appreciate the opinions of everyone, now give me some "education" as to why one's better than another.

Thanks again.
Shawn
Disclaimer: I have never owned a Bushy/BKO, the following is what i have been told/read/etc.
1) It's totally Electro-pneumatic, not a blowback with a e-grip.
2) ICD(Indian Creek Designs) makes both the Busky & BKO. Along with some other markers.
3) Wouldn't know first hand, but I have heard good things.
4) As long as you take care of it, It should work fine(just like any other marker)

Just tell him to get a BKO(or used Bushy), it will work great for rec. and if he wants to go tourny, theres no need to get a new gun. There are many upgrades for Bushy's/BKO's if he like that stuff. But all he should need is a new barrel(just like any gun) to fit his paint, and mabey a new reg(like a palmer stab if he is using CO2) if he wants.

Sir Chopsalot
05-02-2003, 09:59 PM
i got my used shocker for 300, may want to think about that.

-Carnifex-
05-02-2003, 10:09 PM
My E-99 and Shocktech bolt is great, I like it better than my friend's BKO personally.

Quickling
05-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Rainmaker on ebay >$100
Mad Marty mods 1-5 $50
Delrin Bolt on ebay $20
12oz CO2 $25
Revy hopper used $40
use the rest to get a barrel, though the stock one is good.

For more RM addicts like myself anf my girlfirend go to http://rainmaker.flipty.com/

very good marker, cheap, reliable, with a very fast/light trigger.

JT2002
05-02-2003, 10:59 PM
omg i dont ever want to read "Get a JT X.X" again. my cousin bought one a while back, and brought it over to me for us to mess with since it was his first time. man did that 6.0 suck *POOF* . it shot horrible, and once u got on the trigger, it chopped at least 1 out of 10 balls, and the trigger is non adjustable. definitely go with a bko. after 1 week of shizzle withe the JT my cuz returned it for a BKO. BKO is so much better. since it is a real electro, not a battery/ sear tripper, it is much faster, and plus the trigger is adjustable!! and for (i think its what now) 280 you cant go wrong.

CFD323
05-02-2003, 11:15 PM
It's late so bear with me...

On the Spyders for instance, what does the electro grip actually do then ?

On the Bushy's what exactly do you mean it's electro-pneumatic ?

JT2002
05-02-2003, 11:48 PM
yeah me 2 its 12:41 am
anyways, on a spider, there is a sear inside, that, on a non electronic, when u pull trigger, u trip sear which lets teh ram move foward and fire the gun. the e spyders instead use a 9v battery powered solenoid or w/e to trip the sear instead of your fingers force. this allows a very short trigger pull and a faster ROF over pulling triger normally. but, even with the electronic stuff, its nonethe less a spyder, nuff said.

now on to my favorite, the BKO.
since the BKO is electropneumatic (sp?), it inside has a solenoid, but unlike the spyder one, this noid directs air flow. and it uses electricity to do that. send the electric one way, and the noid opens allowing air to flow behind the ram and push it foward, feed it another way and it noid closes and doesnt allow the air in. because of this system, its max ROF is much betteer than a spyder, has less recoil than a spyder, and to top it all off, the trigger is adjustable, unlike the spyder. the adjustable trigger allows u to have fun playing with it to find a setting that you like. it can do anything from amazingly short to very long. i personally think that the BKO is a much better gun, and surpasses the spyder BY FAR.. even though u need nitro, its better to go that way anyways, co2 is so cheap because for the most part, it sucks. its inconsistent and yada yada yada. compressed air (nitro) is much more reliable, and consistent.you can not go wrong with a BKO. theyre great guns that can take you far, imho, the spyder is not.
dam now if it were only this easy for me to write english and school essays this long.:D

]
now do u understand the difference between the way a BKO works and the way a spyder works?

CFD323
05-03-2003, 12:05 AM
I think I got it. Did not know that's what an electro-pneumatic was. So basically the concept of how the electro spyder works is like the Emag since all the electronics do is control a solenoid which releases the sear, whereas the Bushy controls the solenoid AND the pneumatics. Is the Angel an electro-pneumatic too ?

JT2002
05-03-2003, 12:07 AM
yes the angel is. basically all these true electro guns have a valve, or solenoid, and these use electricity to direct air flow. rather than have a little thing that, when electric is put into it, a little thing pops out and trips the sear. its sorta like an emag except i think the emag has a MUCH better system. the emag doesnt have a loose wobbly sear like blow back guns.

CFD323
05-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Is the Impulse a good gun ? He wanted to know what else he could get if he was willing to spend $400 for a gun.

bunkermaster10
05-07-2003, 09:41 AM
The impulse is a great gun. It works great on co2 and it comes with a Ok barrel, the smart parts progressive barrel. The gun is really fast, has many upgrades, and many people really enjoy this gun. I would suggest that.

boggerman
05-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Does your friend want an electro so he can go full auto and burst? If that is the only reason he wants an electro, then the BKO is out, it is semi only. If that is the case, I would lean towards the piranha e-force.

MinimagRockin'
05-07-2003, 04:54 PM
I would never buy an e-spyder or a clone of such. He would be better off with a mag or cocker. The bushmaster, or impulse sounds like a good route though.

CFD323
05-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Does your friend want an electro so he can go full auto and burst?

No he wants a FAST semi with a short trigger pull.

JT2002
05-07-2003, 06:38 PM
its not worth it to get a gun because of burst/auto features. it is illegal to use at almost ALL fields. of course, when i first got my classic timmy, it had the selectfire board. now of course it was neat to play around with, i only actually used it maybey 2 or 3 times, just to show off to ppl. i then got the semi only equalizer board and dont regret it a bit. selectfire guns are all part of a great marketing scheme. stick with semi young grasshopper. :D also, nothing personal against them, but ive seen the e grip spyders before. and they suck *POOF* . they chop like you wouldnt believe even with a 12v revvy, of course a halo can fix that, but if your buying a less than 300 dollar gun, it seems almost useless to buy a hopper that costs more than 1/3 of what your gun cost. and yes with the bko ur friend would have to go nitro, but it is by far the BEST way. nothing beats nitro. and if he really cant spend a lot on a tank, and his local field has a rate for all day air, then he can get away with a 100 dollar or less nitro tank.out of the choices, i say the bko is teh way to go.. oh, and nitro all the way baby!:D

boggerman
05-08-2003, 12:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607381875&category=16048

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607136150&category=16048

:D

JT2002
05-08-2003, 08:47 PM
just so u know, your not supposed to spam AO with ebay ads;) ;)

~WarpedRT#2~
05-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Stay away from anything Kingman, they are junk. Every Spyder my friends have ever owned (about 6)has fallen apart. If you have to get something low-end like that, get a Piranha whatever, they are made so much better than Spyders. Impulses are nice, BKOs are sweet, and you can get a Rainmaker off of Paintballgear.com for $100. Black Draguns also seem cheaply built, so I wouldnt touch them. PGI Mayhems don't look too bad also.

boggerman
05-09-2003, 01:23 AM
How is giving him some place to start spam??:confused: