PDA

View Full Version : couple new mag user q's

twiitch
05-03-2003, 03:12 PM
ok, i have a few minor questions, cuz my mag finally came in today and i love it already

pro team products micromag w- zgrip 68 automag classic valve

ok, lets see, i need to know, how i oil/grease/lube my new gun up, as well as how to adjust the velocity. i figured its the screw on the back of hte valve, but im not 100% sure.

Remington
05-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Well, all you have to do is put several drops of AGD Autolube into whatever ASA you have (probably bottomline). Yes, to adjust the velocity all you have to do is insert an allen wrench into the hole in the back of the valve. To increase velocity you turn it to the right(facing the back of the marker) and to the left to lower the velocity. Good luck and have fun! :D

twiitch
05-03-2003, 03:36 PM
will the gun oil i got for my cocker work?

ChucktheMAGician
05-03-2003, 03:51 PM
It should. Most of the paintball gun oils are a little yellow. I think alot of them the same oil, just different labels!

rehme
05-03-2003, 07:59 PM
yeah just not any firearm oil wont work make sure it is paintball oil

twiitch
05-04-2003, 04:21 PM
one new question, somebody told me that if i have a blue o-ring on the valve, i have a lvl 10 bolt. is this true? is there a way i can tell if i have a lvl 10?

ChucktheMAGician
05-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Level X will have a different bolt, a hollow shaft in the middle, but it will also have a different powertube tip. If it looks like it comes off w/ a nut driver then it's LX, if it has 2 slots for a screw driver or dime, its Level 7. Oh and if it's LX and it didn't come w/ extra carriers, springs and shims, you may need to pick some up in the future!

twiitch
05-04-2003, 06:16 PM
what is this LX stuff? is that a level x? because i dont ahve an x-valve, i have a 68 automag classic valve in it.

ChucktheMAGician
05-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Sorry about that. :( LX is Level ten, L for level and X for the roman numeral ten. My typing sucks so I have to save time where I can;) :cool:

twiitch
05-04-2003, 06:55 PM
doesnt exactly help me. on teh very tip of it which i assume is the bolt, its kind of like a triangle, bot not really. seems to me like a venturi bolt but the holes arent circular, they are more in the shape of eyes (human eyes) and there are 3 of them, if im not lookin at the right spot, please tell me, but hey, im learning about mags now, might as well since i own one, lol

ChucktheMAGician
05-04-2003, 10:18 PM
The powertube tip is the long part that the bolt goes over. There will be a little gold/brass part at the end. It will either have a round head w/ 2 slits or a bolt type head. This link is a pic of the whole valvehttp://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=153&CATID=6 If your powertube tip looks like this http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/power_tube_tip_lg.jpg you don't have level x. If it looks like this http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/tip_med.jpg you do.

twiitch
05-05-2003, 10:35 AM
ahhhhhh ok, i dont have LX, well looks like thats the next upgrade