PDA

View Full Version : Help with my mag! (Electronics screwy)

Vitamin G
05-03-2003, 03:35 PM
I recently recieved a mag from someone reputable on these boards. The gun works while in mechanical mode, but it only shoots about 50% of the time when in either hybrid or electronic mode. (The only time it works in hybrid is when I push the trigger to the point of it hitting the rod). Even when im firing with air, i can hear the solenoid clicking, but yet the gun does not shoot!

Brak
05-03-2003, 04:03 PM
probably something wrong with the sear not being hit, i think you can adjust the plunger

Remington
05-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Heh, I had the same problem(and was also an E-mag newb before last week). See the little knob on the top of the trigger frame near the back? Push that in and out should pop a red part on the left; this is the sear safety and needs to be put into the off position in order to use the electronic modes of fire. Good luck! :D

Russ
05-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Battery fully charged?

Is the screw that holds the circuit board to the trigger frame tight? (1 allen-head screw)

Do you have level 10?

Vitamin G
05-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Seems as though the battery needs charged. Ill try that and let everyone know. Its probably that, since it started becoming more and more unreliable as i kept dryfiring it throughout the day.

Vitamin G
05-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Ok, so i charged my battery until the little light on the charger changed colors. Went out and played today, and at the end of the day (about a case later) the gun stopped working in electronic mode again, and hybrid worked only mechanically.

I timed the length it took to "fully" charge my Emag battery. Does 1 hour and 10 minutes sound right? I have no idea and all manuals i've seen lack info on this.

Remington
05-04-2003, 03:01 PM
I think it takes 2 hours to charge, at least that's what I was told. That also explains why you ran short of battery life at the end of the day. Next time, try charging it for two hours and put the yellow pin back in whenever you're not using it.

Vitamin G
05-04-2003, 03:07 PM
no no no, i charged it until the light turned from red to green last night. I took it out and played today and only shot about a case. I didn't time how long the charge took until this afternoon when i returned home and suspected that the battery might be bad. It took an hour and 10 minutes.

Update : I just reinstalled the battery on the emag and it powers up the LED, but the gun will not fire electronically.

Russ
05-04-2003, 05:17 PM
I wish I could offer some sound "tech" advice, but I can't. If it were my gun, I'd call AGD tomorrow and speak with a Tech...might be a good time to send it in for a once-over :(

...bought from someone reputable?

Vitamin G
05-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Would this be covered by AGD? Its an Emicromag.

Remington
05-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Heh, well the fact that it's a MicroEmag would have helped if you had told us that in the beginning. :rolleyes: ;) But oh well. Anyway. Yea, MicroE's have this kind of plaque with they're solenoids and plungers. You should send BlackVCG a PM about your problem and he should be able to fix it. Good luck!

P.S.
Sell it on Ebay and get an AGD Emag, you'll be happier in the long run! :D

Vitamin G
05-04-2003, 07:11 PM
I really dont mind paying an extra fee if AGD will touch it. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a problem with the plunger and\or solenoid. Wouldn't those parts be warrantied by AGD? My main reason for getting a micro was that i can't stand the AGD barrel system. Now the ULE's come out....

Russ
05-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Oh, a MicroEmag!

When they work, they're good guns when they don't...well, GOOD LUCK!

I bought an MicroE brand new back in 2001...it had the same "no fire in E-Mode" issues that you are experiencing. PTP eventually (after 3 months of BS) took the gun back & bought me a new E-Mag...

Check out this THREAD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5749&highlight=saga)

Contact BlackVCG, that's your best bet.

crankydan
05-06-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey Vitamin,

If you would of only received a manual with your marker! The battery isnt fully charged when the light turn from red to green. It takes about 4-5 hours after the light turns green to fully charge the battery. I actually charge mine more like 6 hours. Try this, it wont hurt the battery. I cant believe no one has told you this already. You can get this information from the AGD website, under tech support. Just download the EMAG manual and look in the battery charging part. I hope this fix's your problem.

Vitamin G
05-06-2003, 07:25 PM
well, i hope this is the problem, because i'd REALLY like to keep it if i can. Otherwise the guy was nice enough to offer a refund (minus shipping)

Russ
05-07-2003, 12:06 AM
I'm torn, between offering my biased opinion, vs. giving an optomistic prognosis...

(get your money back!)

Vitamin G
05-07-2003, 05:22 AM
Russ, is what crankydan said true? Cause i charged it for about four hours, and the electronic modes began working again! I plan on trying it more extensively this weekend. Does it really take the 6 hours to fully charge the battery?

athomas
05-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Your battery pack or charger may be suspect. Usually, the battery can be charged to about 90% capacity in the first hour. This is usually more than adequate to power the emag for a couple of days of shooting.

Check your connections and wires in both the battery pack and in the gun.

Russ
05-07-2003, 11:00 AM
The only real way to tell is to check the voltage of the battery pack with a voltmeter. It should have 18+ volts.

crankydan
05-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Im just speaking from experience. My Emag battery was low one day(my fault for not charging for 2 weeks). I charged it until the light turned green. I shot maybe 1000 rounds and it stopped shooting. I then charged it for another hour and finished for the day.

Per Emag manual:

The Emag battery is 18 volts when "FULLY" charged. The battery is only "ABOUT" 85-90% charged when the light changes from red to green. In order to "FULLY" charged the battery continue charging for another 3-4 hours.
The Emag will operate with a voltage "AS LOW" as 14 volts. This information comes straight out of the manual. Im sure someone here has experienced this problem other than me. I cant believe that everyones charger is going bad or the Nickel Metal Hydride(very low memory) battery is leaking voltage. These batteries should last a very long time.

Vitamin,

Dude, do what you want. I would charge that sucker up for about 6 hours and take it to the field and shoot the crap out of it. Im pretty sure that you will find it to be just fine. Give it a shot, what else do you have to loose. :)

rpm07
05-07-2003, 04:17 PM
I dont know about the micro but I had a prob like that with my emag turned out the oring they use to shim the battery up on the bottom of the bat was not there I put a oring in and it fixed it. good luck

Vitamin G
05-07-2003, 04:22 PM
If this turns out to be true, i hope to hump ALL of your legs at the AO meet in pittsburgh. Well, i hope to anyways, not sure if ill make it in time back from the maryland APL. Is the megameet saturday AND sunday?