PDA

View Full Version : tank thread problem

EsPo
05-03-2003, 04:26 PM
ive never really had a problem like this before, but here it goes..

i have an impulse with bottomline maxflo, and i just got a new crossfire tank, it works just like any other tank on a bottomline maxflo (o ring trick ect),but its a little hard to screw in, the threads seem... brittle? also, when i unscrew it, it doesnt vent air slowly, it just makes one big pop right near the end of the unscrewing process. I have noticed that there was a very small fragment of metal coming off of the tank threads..

i was thinking of putting a little bit of 'grease' type stuff on the threads to make it screw/unscrew easier, but i dont know what kind to use/where to get it. any suggestions?

TigerMan
05-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Email Crossfire and see what they say. Did you buy the tank new? If so send in your warranty card if you haven't incase something does go wrong. Also, are the threads brass?

EsPo
05-03-2003, 05:50 PM
threads are not brass, they are.. silver im guessing SS. i was about to email them but you usually dont get responces to quick from companies like so. i was about to send in the warranty card, but i cant find the bottle serial #. it says to go to their site to find more info on it.. but i didnt see anything. you know where it is? im thinking its the # around the neck of the bottle.