PDA

View Full Version : eggo lid spring help

yeahthatsme
05-03-2003, 09:27 PM
hey guys, i just got an eggo, and i took the lid off to take the thing apart and the springs went flying and now i cant get them back in right, so somebody please help me....thanks

jayel579
05-03-2003, 09:51 PM
the springs go under the lid, were they wrap around like were there are 2 layers of thread should face twords the back of the hopper and the ends should slip into the slots. be careful not to strip he threads on the plastic with the screws. the pressure on the lid should be to close it

yeahthatsme
05-03-2003, 10:00 PM
which slots? could you be a bit more explanatory? i'm REALLY new to this, and i only see one slot.sooo...umm...could you be a bit more exact? thanks ALOT

jayel579
05-03-2003, 10:16 PM
the springs are bent or have a 90 degree angle at one point. there are slots for them to go into, one way you put it together the pressure will be for the lid to open, the other is for it to close. once slot is on the side, theres another that goes into the hopper, thats were you want the angles peice of thread to go.

yeahthatsme
05-03-2003, 10:45 PM
see i cant find the second slot, i have the one on the hopper that the angled one goes into, but i cant find the other one...

rehme
05-03-2003, 11:02 PM
see what happens when you take things apart :p

Phil
05-03-2003, 11:12 PM
The 90* posts go in the holes and the other end just kinda tucks under the plastic lid. Once you place the spring in its proper orientation with the post poking in the holes the other end of the spring is resting on top of the lid. Take your finger and drag it down until it snaps beneath the lid.

TNS2k2
05-04-2003, 03:55 PM
I helped him with this last night... it is fixed. all of your guys help, if he could follow, would have got it fixed. i am sure, if he looks at this now, he will understand. you'll have to excuse yeahthatsme he is a little slow :p :D

Paintchucker
05-04-2003, 04:15 PM
I made the same mistake on my HaloA once. What a chore. Glad you got it back together!!!