PDA

View Full Version : vertical tank the solution to co2 probs?

impostal22
05-03-2003, 11:18 PM
i just realized today that maybe just screwing the co2 directly into a vertical asa would solve the problem of liquid entirely, since the liquid would stay in the bottom of the tank. it would eliminate the need to an x-chamber,bottomline, anti-siphoning, etc. any thoughts? will directly screwing it into the vertical asa solve the co2 probs just as well as an xchamber?

Grasshopper
05-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Yea, it does work alright. I just really don't like how unballanced the gun feels when you do it like that.

Cryer
05-03-2003, 11:23 PM
that, actually was the original intention of the vertical adapter.
It is effective. Awkward, but effective.
Honestly the best solution:
spend around $100 and get a cheap, steel HPA tank. It really is worth it. You will have the consistancy you want, plus the freedom of putting the tank anywhere/anyway you want it. without being limited by x-chambers, vert mounts, long hoses, etc.

Grasshopper
05-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
that, actually was the original intention of the vertical adapter.
It is effective. Awkward, but effective.
Honestly the best solution:
spend around $100 and get a cheap, steel HPA tank. It really is worth it. You will have the consistancy you want, plus the freedom of putting the tank anywhere/anyway you want it. without being limited by x-chambers, vert mounts, long hoses, etc.
The only problem with that is, some places HPA is unavailable. But, if it is available, I'd definatley go with nitro.

impostal22
05-03-2003, 11:58 PM
alright back on topic..my co2 solution, and opinions on its efficiency. i know nitro is better, everyone knows lol.

Fastkid
05-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Vertical asa does work... but you can't get your marker everywhere you could before
The marker is much much taller that way

impostal22
05-04-2003, 05:21 PM
any other opinions? i need some advice on this, and whether or not y'all think vertical mounting works as well or better/worse than x-chamber. thanks.

Cryer
05-04-2003, 05:50 PM
I definately prefer an X-chamber to a vertical mount. your set-up wont be nearly as bulky or awkward

impostal22
05-04-2003, 07:07 PM
i'm just asking about efficiency for keeping liquid co2 out..not which is ergonomically better.

NuthyN
05-04-2003, 07:34 PM
The best way to keep out liquid would probably be anti-siphon, x-chamber, and palmers stabalizer. That would cost you more than a small Nitro tank though.

impostal22
05-04-2003, 08:41 PM
right now i just use a dead on paintball 8 stage x-chamber and my gun doesn't freeze very often at all. so i'm wondering if just vertically mounting would be just as effective as an x-chamber. this is what i really wanna know guys lol. the more opinions the better.

Nobody077
05-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I have played with a vertical Co2, if you keep the gun straight then its ok, but if you lay the gun sideways to shoot out a bunker you will usaly get a big drink of C02

FlipShot
05-04-2003, 10:53 PM
did'nt read all the replys so did'nt know if this has been said but when you run a vertical bottle your accuracy goes down the drain cause as you shoot you will rock the gun because the gun is'nt supported by your chest. just install a anti-siphon, I'v run one for a long time and never had any freeze down.

Morfesto
05-04-2003, 11:15 PM
If you want to place the bottle in a verticle position but it not weight down the gun you can use a remote.

ProBus
05-06-2003, 08:42 AM
I use CO2 with my minimag. I got a remote so my tank fits vertically on my back. I also put in an expansion chamber on the remote. I can lay anyway on the ground, I've never had a problem with a CO2 drink in the 4 years I owned the setup. If you get a remote, make sure its coiled.

xen_100
05-06-2003, 12:53 PM
there is one way that a verticle co2 setup works really well. get 4oz tanks. you get about 400 shots on a 4 oz and it is really short. about the same length as a foregrip. if you need more shots per game than that, get two and put one in your pocket. there was a guy in our club that had 3. one on the gun and two extras in one of his pods. our club doesn't offer HPA either.