PDA

View Full Version : Need some feedback/opinions on barrel sets

Tex55
05-04-2003, 01:52 AM
Ok, I am looking at picking up a barrel kit for my Micromag (Cocker threads BTW) and well I am not really impressed with the Freak kit that I have used. I have read MANY MANY reviews on different barrel kits but well they are usually slightly jaded towards who ever is sponsoring the said tester. SO I figure, come and ask yall the real players that have used these gimme some feed back. I am a back player, need like 2 front ends MAYBE 3 let me hear some opinions on the kits yall use and what yall think of them.

Thanks

Tex

Mossman
05-04-2003, 05:30 PM
I'd get a J&J edge, they're cheap from paintballdiscounters.com. It's 115+ shipping for 4 backs and 1 tip i believe.

You should definately be more worried about the backs than the size of the back. 14" should be enough for you in back unless you REALLY like to get into those airball bunkers. 14" is also not too bad if u have to play front, still easy to play tight with.

With that said, i've never used it but the powerlyte scepter's supposed to be a really nice barrel kit. Cant go wrong with a few CP 1 pieces or a couple dye ultralights either, and the CP kits are nice but can get expensive if you want a lot of versatility.

I also don't mind the freak, they've been good to me in the past.