PDA

View Full Version : HALO-B problems

Duke Henry
05-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Great, my HALO-B (and I) ran into some major problems at a tournament yesterday which rendered my gun useless.

My HALO simply doesn't work. I had put in brand new AA batteries into the HALO and it worked well for most of the day. By about the 7th game, the HALO just stopped feeding. The light still comes up green when you press it once quickly, but it doesn't feed at all. I tried turning it off, and then back on which did nothing. If I manually turn the feed disc backwards for a half turn, the halo will turn on - but it doesn't turn at the same speed (or emit the same sound while doing so) as it normally does.

It really stumped me considering the I did nothing to it over the course of the day aside from powering it off (pressing the tactile switch until red) between long waits.

I just recently had to get new shells for my HALO, since the old ones had disintegrated over the winter and so I am not looking forward to being without my HALO for another few weeks.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be? I sent Odyssey an email, but don't know how long it will take before I get a response. The good thing is that now I can get the ripper upgrade at the same time. It would have helped me yesterday... :D

fire1811
05-04-2003, 12:00 PM
i had this problem with mine and called halo ppl and said my motor was a the verge of going out. i was sending my halo in for the new TE software anyway so i figured he could fix it then. and by the way if its a halo b it should be covered under your warrenty, mine was

later

BlackVCG
05-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Odyssey had a bad batch of motors. Might as well send it in, get that replaced along with upgrading it to TE and anything else that needs to be replaced.