PDA

View Full Version : Gah

Jaymz
05-04-2003, 04:50 PM
OK my mag has been NOTHING but trouble and im seriously looking at selling/trading it, the mag just doesnt seem to be the gun for me, I dont know why but it just isnt. But so ive got a nice setup but cant make it work. It just wouldnt fire, id get resistence on the trigger (using a z-grip) so im like whatever screw the "golden rule" im adjusting my sear. And wal-la it worked, consistency was terrible but it worked...it was from 211-251...any ideas? Reg seat is clean AND in the right way, everything was broken down, oiled, and assmebled correctly!

Paintchucker
05-04-2003, 05:18 PM
Have you tried a new parts kit for it? And of course the obvious, is it oiled up???

Jaymz
05-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Jaymz
everything was broken down, oiled, and assmebled correctly!

Yea its oiled...

I checked ALL o-rings for wear and they seemed to be ok, I think ill send it in to AGD and see what happenes....

TuffManJones
05-04-2003, 05:42 PM
what kind of tank are you using?
does ur barrel match your paint size? if its way off that can lead to an inconsistent marker also i've noticed that one of my mags doesnt shoot as consisent when shooting under 275fps, but it could be several things.

Jaymz
05-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by TuffManJones
what kind of tank are you using?
does ur barrel match your paint size? if its way off that can lead to an inconsistent marker also i've noticed that one of my mags doesnt shoot as consisent when shooting under 275fps, but it could be several things.

Tank- 68/3k Nitro Duck, tested on other markers, worked fine

Barrel- Full Freak set, paint match = fine

Jaymz
05-05-2003, 09:07 AM
up

cphilip
05-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Did you check and see if you had a rail bushing in there? Or if your Z Grip is realy a RT Z Grip and your missing the spacer? If you adjusted the trigger rod and it helped then something is off in the alignment further down. Those are two possibilities...

Jaymz
05-05-2003, 11:30 AM
rail bushing? And the guy i talked to said its a normal one, in fact I had pictures of it on his normal gun and hes cool/knowledgable so I doubt he lied or anything...

But what a rail bushing and why hasnt ANYONE thought of this? (ive had this ongoing in pbreview for months).

spazzed
05-05-2003, 01:56 PM
But what a rail bushing and why hasnt ANYONE thought of this? (ive had this ongoing in pbreview for months).

Not my area of expertise, but I thought I'd chime in on this.... You were on pbreview, whadya expect? ;)

Jaymz
05-05-2003, 02:08 PM
AGD forum at pbreview is actually very good, in fact its as good as this one IMO, more idiots with worthless comments there but it takes longer to get replies here. All in all both kick ***

litestab
05-05-2003, 02:11 PM
is the twist lock supposed to stick out the bottom like this? also my barrel doesn't click, anyone know why?

xen_100
05-05-2003, 05:24 PM
if you pull and hold the trigger, does it leak at all? if the trigger rod is not the correct length, ift may not be sealing the on/off all the way. that could lead to erratic chrono speeds. but I agree with cphilip, something is out of alignment.

litestab
05-05-2003, 05:31 PM
zen i'm not the guy that originally posted.

GT
05-05-2003, 08:45 PM
consistency was terrible but it worked...it was from 211-251...any ideas? Reg seat is clean AND in the right way, everything was broken down, oiled, and assmebled correctly!

quick Q. Does it shoot at what you chrono'ed at for the first shot, and then after it sits for a few seconds shoot close to the desired velocity?

I had a problem simliar to this. first shot around 290 second 180, however if the gun sat for a few seconds it would then fire 290 again. check to make sure your on/off isnt warped.

just a thought

jb

Jaymz
05-05-2003, 10:09 PM
I thought of that too and tested for it but no such luck, it would spike are consistent shots, like 1 a second or 2 seconds or whatever

cgrieves
05-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Not sure I understand.... if you fire faster do the shots get consistenly lower in velocity (i.e. drop off) or is it just random shots are hot no matter what speed you are firing.

If it drops off, you may have the problem I did- the on/off pin not completely retracting from the on/off top O-rings when you release the trigger, which restricts the gas recharging the valve. On slow shots you don't notice but the faster you fire the worse it gets. You can get this effect if your trigger rod is too long. Is there a space between the trigger and rod when the trigger is released and the gun gassed up?

I would second the suggestion that you get a parts kit, O rings may completely worn but look fine. At least with a parts kit fitted you are starting for a level playing field and you then know what the problem *isn't*....