PDA

View Full Version : valve/lvl 10

Mad Med
05-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Recently installed a lvl 10 in my 68 automag. Experiencing a problem with air leaking out the hole in the center rear of the valve. When I turn the back of the valve to adjust the velocity of my paint the leak increases in output pressure. Checked the o-rings inside of the valve and they appear to be in order. Otherwise the lvl 10 is working correctly.

Additionally how much pressure is needed to operate my 68? For when the compressed air tank drops to 900psi the marker ceases to function.

thanx

CFD323
05-05-2003, 05:34 PM
You've got the velocity too high which is causing it to vent out the back. It's a built in safety feature. Turn down the velocity and chrono it. If it will shoot at the velocity you desire without it venting out the back then you're good to go. If you can't get the gun to shoot without it venting out the back then I go to the next shortest spring and then try it again.

xen_100
05-05-2003, 05:39 PM
you may also need to get the newest reg piston.(allows it to vent at a higher pressure) this is a common problem with LX.

Mad Med
05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Thanx for the info guys. Will try the spring solution first if not will dig into the valve a bit more.
-jason

crankydan
05-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but isnt the old style reg pistons adjustable. I think you loosen the allen to increase pressure. That would be cheaper than buying a new one. You will notice that you can lower the velocity once you break in the level x.