PDA

View Full Version : which x-chamber is best?

impostal22
05-04-2003, 08:50 PM
well? i've heard rumors the DOP 8 stage is better...but the aci is much more popular so i think. so...what's the best x-chamber?

Paintchucker
05-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Save your $$$ up and just buy a small used steel N2 tank !!!

But I would generally think that the more chambers the better to prevent expansion. Now if your source of C02 is dirty, that might make it clog sooner...

Koosh
05-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Paintchucker
Save your $$$ up and just buy a small used steel N2 tank !!!

But I would generally think that the more chambers the better to prevent expansion. Now if your source of C02 is dirty, that might make it clog sooner...

You WANT expansion, so preventing it would be counter-productive ;)

For some people (like myself), buying a cheap nitrogen tank is not a viable solution. Especially since cheaper nitro tanks usually mean smaller ones. Sure, a 47/3k tank is only $50-70, but here in Northern colorado, there are only two places that fill them, and they are both a 30 mile (round trip) drive to get there, while co2 fillups are a 2 mile drive. Add that to the fact that a 47/3k tank, you would get at most 500 shots... and driving 30 miles every time you want to shoot only 500 shots would get annoying REAL quick ;)

I've had two expansion chambers (none were on my mag, only my tippie, so take that into consideration). Do NOT UNDER ANY CICOMSTANCES buy a 32* 6 stage Ex-Chamber. POS by every standard. The thing just plain SUCKED! Didn't work well and eventually broke.

The other was a PERFECT 6 stage (thats the brand name ;)). It worked well, but I think others can work better. Psychoballistics makes an 8 stage that I've heard works well... I think its called the X-Core... But an ex chamber is an ex chamber... some may be slightly better then others, but they still aren't as good as a Palmer ;)

tye92
05-05-2003, 12:28 AM
If that's whats available then use it,(co2) i'd go with a ACI sub zero 6 stage x-chamber and then a palmers stabilizer side line if co2 is what you'll be using for awhile, worth the money. That's what i was using when i was running co2 and never had any problems. Both the palmers stabilizer and ACI 6 stage are great products. That's my 2 cents worth.

impostal22
05-05-2003, 02:12 PM
any other opinions? the more the merrier i am lol.