PDA

View Full Version : Sexiest Mag EVER!!!!!!!!!!

VanGogo
05-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Ok so beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not everyone will agree, but............ LOOK AT THIS BABEEEEEE!
http://www.xpb.us/images/acidmagl.jpg
http://www.xpb.us/images/acidmagr.jpg
Pics never do justice to the real thing, so find Adam at the mega meet to get a good look.

Gun belongs to Adam in Ohio.

I did the dust acid wash copper and gold for him.

Adam Can I keep it? It looks to damn sexy to send back to you. heheeee

Gitaroo Man
05-05-2003, 12:03 AM
:eek:

Smokee_2_7
05-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Man, i've said it before (earlier today) and i'll say it again. . .that thing looks GREAT.

I walked into work this afternoon and saw this baby sitting on the table, all ready to be boxed up. This is the first time ive ever seen an acid wash pattern combined with a 'dust' (bead blasted) finish.

In all honesty, the pictures really dont do it justice. the slight texture to the surface of the parts combined with the acid wash almost remind me of a 'marble'countertop.

I personally can't wait until pics get taken of this gun once it's all back together- - -

Carl

Cryer
05-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Correct me if i'm wrong but this is the first mag that has been completely (including the body) Re-Annoed.
Damn sexy! I prefer gloss, but damn sexy, nonetheless!

Smokee_2_7
05-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Cryer, if you're referring to the mags with ule/slug bodies ano'd to match everything else, I believe you're right.

I think this is the start of a new era of beautiful looking automags ( with the exception of the x-mag's cosmetics' pre-dating this, but you get my point.)

Carl

Ov3rmind
05-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Wow, that is sweet! Post more pics when it's fully assembled.:D

This is knida' funny. About five days ago, my friend and I were discussing building a ULE X-Valved Mag and having the whole thing anoed in a blue/black gloss acid wash. Due to money constraints though, we'll probably both end up getting Vikings (the Mag was just an idea for a side project with our left over money combined).

Jack & Coke
05-05-2003, 12:15 AM
I think if I left my mag out in the rain for a few weeks I could get the same "rust" look...

LOL j/k!;)

Nice job:)

Ironmag
05-05-2003, 12:19 AM
That Mag looks incredible. I'd just like to know how much something like that would cost. I'm considering reanoing my E-Mag and I just like how that one came out and thinking of doing something similar.

NJPaint
05-05-2003, 12:30 AM
how much would that cost to have done?

Skoad
05-05-2003, 12:33 AM
those pictures almost look like the gun is fake

NJPaint
05-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Skoad
those pictures almost look like the gun is fake
looks like something out of Half life

adam shannon
05-05-2003, 01:21 AM
i will be pimping it at the megameet. im not sure how much a regular acid wash is. you will have to ask the anno gods at www.xpb.us . mine was a rush job so it would be done for the megameet, i paid a premium for what ended up being a little over a week total time from shipment to return. just from the pics im extremely happy...i can recomend these guys already. after i talked to barry on the phone i had a gut feeling that these were the guys for the job...and damn if i wasnt right.

Bucky
05-05-2003, 01:42 AM
looks real nice. also looks like someone knows how to use maya, too.

sithos
05-05-2003, 02:21 AM
yah i agree with the maya comment. im a 3d animatior, and that image just screams 3d render to me. the edges are so sharp, he either has the best digital camera ive ever seen, or its been touched in photoshop or totally 3d program. the shadows also really irk me, but its on plastic so who knows.

im betting its not done in a 3d program, just that the dust finish + the incredible craftsmanship make it look too perfect.

nice job on the re-anno, might be contacting these guys do do a black->cobalt fade on my emag when i get a sluggo body for it.

oh yah..
www.benbow3d.com
gimme a job!!!!

Smokee_2_7
05-05-2003, 03:10 AM
what is maya?

sithos, from youre response, I suppose that it is some kind of computer rendering modeling thingie- - - which i have NO CLUE how to use. As far as I know, neither does vangogo.

Finally, I CAN assure you that the above pictures were NOT 'doctored' in any way, shape, or form. The gun really looks like that. Actually, i think it looks better in person. Its just the way that the blasted/ dust finish came out with that particular style of anodizing.

lol. . now that I look at the pictures more, i guess it does kinda look like some type of 3-d model. I guess thats why i couldnt quit looking at it today.

As far as the shadows in the pictures go, this was taken in an area with 2 kinda large floodlights very close to it(about 7 ft. away from the upper right hand corner of the picture- - that's what's casting the shadow). Im also sure that the flash on the digital camera went off, possibly contributing to the 'weird' shadow effect. the backdrop is a clean sheet of white plastic. We wanted somthing that would contrast drastically with the colors of the marker. beneath the plastic is a rather dark colored gray carpet. It looks like we got all kinds of funky colors on the backdrop b/c of excess light and the flash, but the actual colors, pattern, and finish on the gun came out accurate.

heheh. for anyone out there that want's to refuse that a 'real' gun can look like this- - we'll have to wait until adam gets it back, and can get us more photos of the gun. It's currently boxed up, awating to be shipped first thing in the morning. At anyrate, anyone should be able to find him pimpin' it at the AO megameet- - I want to see LOTS of pictures of that, and of this gun at the meet, too.

Carl

*edit*
sithos, I just noticed/re-read the latter portion of youre post-- lol... we'll take that as a compliment. I have no idea how 'good' vangogo's digicam is, but for someone who is a pro at digital rendering to comment that the job looks soo good that it may be 'too good to be true' definitly makes XPB take pride in our work. Actually, I need to clarify and give credit where credit is due: vangogo is THE man- - - he was the only person that touched that job, from start to finish- -

(now if we can just convince people that the pics truly are NOT doctored, and vangogo really can make a gun look like that)

VanGogo
05-05-2003, 05:52 AM
Ok, I still don't know what maya is other than an ancient central and south American tribe, or the name of a character on "Just Shoot Me". The pics are taken with a Hewlet Packard 2.1 mega pixel camera. The only editing that is done is cropping, and adjusting sharpness, oh and size. Glad the pics look cool, but no maya.

Can I get a BLT hold the maya?
I'm the maya of this here thread, and what I say goes.
Let's play a game of Mother maya.

Ok it's early in the a.m. and ano fumes are gettin to me, I maya have to go back to sleep now.

EsPo
05-05-2003, 05:55 AM
need rail milling and a longer foregrip.. then your golden :D

Sparq
05-05-2003, 07:14 AM
Looks a bit like someone spilled tomato sauce on it, but like most things it probably looks better in person. I'd love to see a fully dust blue mag...

JAM
05-05-2003, 08:19 AM
sweet, you took a nice ULE mag and turned it into a hunk of rusting iron... great work. ;)

dropkick1
05-05-2003, 08:36 AM
that thing is so awesome looking i wish it was mine, hahahah.

ken

Paintchucker
05-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Owner said it was a rush job, so the price was at a premium. How much would a non-rush job ano for a setup like this cost? And could you do it to a hyperframe instead of an intelli???? I dont particularly care for the two colors used, but a nice blue/green combo would look sweet for my setup.

LMK,
Rob

PS. as for the Maya/3d graphics proggie comments, take those as a huge compliment. But to be perfectly honest, unless you had a source for the base 3d's of the gun, it would probably take longer to produce them in the proggie than it does to actual ano the gun. :)

adam shannon
05-05-2003, 11:17 AM
the foregrip and the kapp dropzone are cut to my taste. the drop had about an inch taken off and the drop is re-drilled so the tank sits off to the side so i dont have to bend my wrist too much.

fire1811
05-05-2003, 11:21 AM
just wow :D

Smokee_2_7
05-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Paintchucker, we don't want to turn this post into a buy-sell-dealer-business thing, so for specific pricing please email us through our website. Additionally, you can check out our updated thread in the dealer's forum for some pricing info: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81020

Adam, I noticed that you had trimmed the foregrip and drop a bit- - - I hope you dont' mind, but we kinda smoothed out and evened up the cut of the grip a little bit for you- - made it look a little bit cleaner, with no hard edges.

Carl

adam shannon
05-05-2003, 02:18 PM
i appreciate that...you guys gave me the quickest service already so i didnt want to bother asking for the foregrip to be rounded off better than the hacksaw left it, so i do appreciate that.

*ArKfEaR*
05-05-2003, 02:20 PM
i personally would of chose the cheaper route and stuck my whole gun in a bucket of water and then left it outside for a month.

:( :rolleyes:

Russ
05-05-2003, 02:27 PM
That's a hot looking "mag,

Likes it's on fire!

Real nice job,

Oh Me Oh Maya!

:D

e mag
05-05-2003, 02:31 PM
Maya is a 3D modeling program used to make CGI stuff like toy story, www.aliaswavefront.com is their site. i think the color combination makes the illusion of a texture that looks like it would be cg.

Rancid Milk
05-05-2003, 02:33 PM
I'm still debating if I like it or not...
Whatever concludion I come to, good or bad, you guys did a GREAT job on that gun.

Evil Bob
05-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Hmmm... something about the color of rust that is very unappealing to me on a metal surface. If it were an different color, say blue, red, or green I'd most likely appreciate it more.

The acid wash texture is very nice.

-Evil Bob

TheJester
05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
not sure if i like the "rust" look to it, but it's unique that's for sure

Originally posted by VanGogo
Ok so beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not everyone will agree

beauty isn't in the eye of the beholder.....beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

Ghengis
05-05-2003, 03:13 PM
I don't know much about beauty that's for sure.. but that gun looks like it has been discovered from a sunken ship. :)

But a very nice and unique gun that's for sure. Not sure if I want one for my collections though.

oh and yes please show us the final installment of the gun.

-G

Xyxyll
05-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Heh, the colors aren't too bad... I just like smooth glossy texture more :)

maglover52
05-05-2003, 05:20 PM
that is sweet one of a kind i love it!

Ryknow
05-05-2003, 07:02 PM
*stands and claps* Barry, that looks simply AMAZING, you will definately be doing my next mag in pink/purple acid wash :p. That's crazy.. looks like rust, but not so.. rusty.. I dont know how else to say it other than that simply took my breath away.. hot damn thats insane!

Ultimator
05-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Big ups to Barry ... the gun doesn't really look orange like that in real life, guys. It's actually more of a bronzish color. Hard to explain, but it's very nice, I'm glad I got to see it all come together!

MinimagRockin'
05-05-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm not too keen on the color, but it looks so sweet it doesn't matter. I want to see what it looks like with all the parts on it.

zads27
05-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Sorry man, I just don't like it..
looks kinda like it was left in the forest for a couple years and rusted over.
Maybe a different color and not to so much of an extent, and it'll look pretty good at least.

mag-hatter
05-05-2003, 08:46 PM
its rustic! har har.

jk nice mag! whats with the trigger?

JaredTheBeast
05-05-2003, 08:59 PM
thats nice bud nice :eek:

Smokee_2_7
05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
mag-hatter,

the gun is completely dissasembled in the picture-- -we literally have the parts just sitting where they are supposed to connect at. All the screws, pins and what not are removed before being shipped to us. Thats why the trigger dosent look right: it's not in the gun.

Carl

maglover52
05-05-2003, 09:25 PM
how much would it be to have this gun annoed black acid wash? and what would that look like?(gun posted below) every part on the gun that can be annoed to match besides x valve.

ChucktheMAGician
05-05-2003, 09:29 PM
That's the best ULE mag I've ever seen! I love my Stainless bodies but that thing is too sweet. Great work Barry! Keep posting pics like this and you'll never get out of that room!

Smokee_2_7
05-05-2003, 09:32 PM
maglover52 , for pricing questions, please go over to our thread in the dealers forum. Don't want to clog up adam's showcase here- - -

Also, you will want to choose another color to go with the black on youre potential acid wash. The pattern/ effect is created by using 2 colors (at least). So, for example, you could have a black/blue acid wash, or maybe a black/grey acid wash.

Carl

maglover52
05-05-2003, 09:35 PM
o ok thatnks man ill check that out!

xmetal2001
05-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Well thats, Umm...Unique:)

Its not for me, but good job on the anno.

gamarada717
05-06-2003, 12:15 AM
First of all, that's awesome. But for some reason, and I don't know why, that gun reminds me of a small StrangeVision. Wierd.:confused:Maybe it's the foregrip. Can't wait to see that with the valve and grips on it. What color stickies, or what grip?