PDA

View Full Version : Micromag body question

Athius
05-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey i have been thinking about buyin a (used)micromag body but i got some questions:

can i put an intelli on those bodies???

will the lvl X work perfectly in those bodies??

NJsyndicate
05-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Yes, I've seen one of the PBX-Black Cell guys with an i-frame on their micro

and Yes, a LX will work properly in any body after proper tuning and setup (I have a working LX in my micro, and am looking to get an i-frame).

CMDane
05-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Yes, the Intelli will fit on the Micro body. I've got a RT Pro w/ Intelli and Warp. The Intelli and Warp migrate over to the Micro every once in a while. Works like a dream. The only complaint I have about it is the bottom of the Micro body is angled inwards slightly, like a 'V' with the point cut off. The Intelli doesn't have a matching channel like the Benchmark 2x frame does. Kind of hard to explain, and it doesn't hurt anything but the astetics.

The LX doesn't actually get put in the body, rather on the valve. I've got a LX on my Micro RT valve and it works just fine. I have to do some tweaking on it, but no problems at all with it.

Hope this helps,
Charles

StygShore
05-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Be careful if you switch the Intelliframe to an older Micromag body. Look at your sear pin and verify that it is the threaded style, and not the one that just slides into the body.

If it is threaded in place, you should be fine, but the slide in style pin needs that groove like the old banchmark frames had to hold it in place. I had the problem a few weeks back that the sear pin actually fell out when playing. Made for a pretty sweet full auto runaway gun, but played havoc on the condition of my sear and bolt.

Quickfix is a little tape on each side of the sear pin, better fix is have the body tapped or heli-coiled to take the threaded pin for the 2000 Micros - I'm currently waiting on a few of the pins and a getting a friend to heli-coil my gun body for me - I'll let you know how well it works.

Styg

athomas
05-07-2003, 10:52 AM
A few of the micromag bodies were tight when it came to installing the level 10 bolt. You may have to hone the inside of the body or the outside of the level 10 bolt tip to get it to fit properly.

Athius
05-07-2003, 02:04 PM
oh ok cool thanks

mxracer33x
05-07-2003, 03:12 PM
I have a micromag vert feed body that has an intelliframe and an x valve installed in it. It works great. I will be parting with the body soon. If your intrested let me know.

Athius
05-07-2003, 09:37 PM
If i had money i would have bought it from u:(