PDA

View Full Version : Custom Warp Aluminum body mb in the making

hostage
05-06-2003, 04:41 PM
I have a friend who is a machinist, I was talking to him about making a body that would be simular to the x-mag's. He built a spyder from scratch and has made numerious other marker products. How many people would be interested? The price is TBA, but it might cost as low as the ule bodies.
-Doron

Here is the specs
Cocker Threads
OTV
Warp body
body rail and body one part
takes RT pro or Emag Sear
ball detent

Possiblities:
Ability to take standard AM sear
Accept x-mag breaches
indents in bottom of rail to take Classic grips such as booyaahs, hyperframes, and other grips that have the indents on the sides of the gripframe.

LMK

BajaBoy
05-06-2003, 05:02 PM
ide want one, only if it was one piece and looked nice

hostage
05-06-2003, 05:03 PM
the body and the rail will be one peice.
-Doron

CMDane
05-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Sounds interesting. Depending on the way it looks, I might be in for one. I love the ULE concept, but since it currently isn't Warp friendly, I've been holding off.

Charles

pbguy888
05-06-2003, 05:25 PM
If it took xmag breeches I woudl buy it without a doubt...

Evil Bob
05-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Post some of his work, give people an idea of what he can potentially produce and you will get more intereset.

-Evil Bob

hostage
05-06-2003, 06:39 PM
ill try to get some pics up here later, I am building a website for him.
-Doron

ignatz
05-06-2003, 08:55 PM
What type of grip frame would it accept? A standard Intelliframe or a RT Intelliframe? I'll buy one, either way just wondering about the specifics. Please let me know when you are taking pre-orders.

hostage
05-06-2003, 09:03 PM
I want to see if it can accept both...ill get back to you on that.
-Doron

Maghog
05-07-2003, 09:43 AM
I would be very interested, please keep us posted.

LawFox32
05-07-2003, 10:02 AM
yeah I would be really interested, get one made and post some pics, I would love a UL warp body

WARPED1
05-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Would my Emag grip work on it?

hostage
05-07-2003, 11:23 AM
yes it would
-Doron

Paintchucker
05-07-2003, 11:50 AM
You might want to pick up a "MicroMag" body to use as a prototype. It has the rail built into it, as opposed to the AGD Mags that are a body/rail combination.

I am interested in seeing what you come up with!

Also see the post about the Tinkerer's Forum (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81203) because it seems like you guys are way ahead of the game! :)

ignatz
05-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Also, what type of vertical adapter/ foregrip attachment will it have?

hostage
05-07-2003, 01:56 PM
we might have to do something like the RT pro. though this is geared mainly for emag users and people who like doing mods like me. We are also looking for a x-mag body to use for measureing and looking at the possiblities to accept breches.
-Doron

ignatz
05-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Gotcha. I'd still like to get one for my Micro E-Mag and maybe for my MicroMag too.

Is it possible to add an AGD ACE to an EMag? If so, if these bodies made room for the ACE it might be a big selling point. The E-Mag frame will accept the ACE, right?

I know the X-Mag has a higher firmware version than the EMags. Would this firmware upgrade be required to use an ACE?

Just something to think about.

BajaBoy
05-07-2003, 02:14 PM
if i remember right the emag sear is totaly diffrent then rt/am. So how could it work for both?

i think u should work this off an emag and make it look great..

yagrmiestr
05-07-2003, 03:15 PM
The emag sear is the rtp sear with a solenoid plunger attachment point. They use the same sear pin and rail dimensions. The AM sear is totally different. Supporting the rtp and emag sear is the way to go in my opinion. A new rtp sear and pin isn't that expensive.

The stock ace also requires the milled area in the top of the ULE frame. It goes into a milled slot in the bottom of the xmag body and extends into the milled spot in the frame. This inlcudes the on/off switch. Then you could use the xmag firmware. Making your own ACE board and firmware wouldn't be any harder than milling a new body.

Sounds like a cool idea Doron! :D

ShotgunTuna
05-07-2003, 03:35 PM
I would buy one, I have a microEmag and have been looking for a ULE warp body but can not find any, y was hoping AGD would come up with one, and I thought I may need to buy a rail as well, any way I am very interested in what you can do!

ignatz
05-07-2003, 04:16 PM
I know its a little off the topic, but....

Isn't this (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=402&CATID=6) all you should need to add the ACE to an E-Mag? (And of course the space in the frame and the firmware)? That looks like the ACE, the PC Board and the on/off switch all in one part for $60.00. What needs to be done to add this part to the frame? Can you flash the firmware on an EMag?

I just think it would be really cool if there were a way to upgrade my Micro E to have all of the features I like about the X Mag. If Doron's body allowed for this I think there would be many more potential buyers.

WARPED1
05-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Why bother with ACE and LX?
That's overkill IMO.
Save your money, buy one or the other use the extra money to buy paint or field fees!

hostage
05-07-2003, 04:58 PM
well everything depends on cost, we are still looking at ideas, but the more ideas we have, the more time and expense that would go into it. I am going to talk to him more about it tonight, though he still wants a x-mag body to analize and measure.
-Doron

jayloo
05-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Hostage....Make it simple and afordable. Build it before AGD does and I'll be your first customer.

My 2 cents.

WARPED1
05-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Make sure the waiting list isn't 6 months!:p

ShotgunTuna
05-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Hey Check this out the thread "warp feed ULE?" ; there is a picture of the side warp feed body toysallround has created out of a slugo body!!