PDA

View Full Version : ULE Body Question

BobaPutt
05-06-2003, 06:53 PM
I just have to first say that I recently saw the new ULE bodies and they look amazing, those mags are some of the most handsome pieces of equipment I've ever seen. I just have two minor questions about them before I myself get one. First off, in all of the pictures I see a little black nub on the side of the body, directly underneath the feed neck. What exactly is that there for. And the most important question of all is, Is it warpable? These new bodies have made me rethink my whole setup, they are that awesome.

Dayspring
05-06-2003, 07:07 PM
1) Those are ball detents. They prevent double feeding.
2) It's warpable if you use a 90* adapter or two. It's taller than using a warp body but lighter.

BobaPutt
05-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Now these ball detents, I understand they're angel detents, but will I have to replace them every so often or are they pretty durable, and will this mean I dont need the plastic or wire nubbins most mags use?

candjpaintball
05-06-2003, 07:42 PM
the ule body uses autococker threads. the ball detents replace the nubbin
in the mag barrel.

Russ
05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
the ule body uses autococker threads. the ball detents replace the nubbin Just to clarify, the ULE bodies use 'Cocker BARREL threads, but have ANGEL-THREADED ball detents.

BobaPutt
05-07-2003, 12:22 PM
alright thanks for all the help guys. i'll be getting one of the bodies when the next batch is ready, and I definitely plan to warp it to lower my profile.