PDA

View Full Version : My Mag was Banned

Carbon Blue
05-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Whats up guys!? After playing on this local field for 5 years they banned my mag for not having a trigger gaurd.(custom intelliframe trigger) Now my question is if i buy an intelliframe is it is it a direct plug in and play thing? and where can i find instructions to install it to the viewloader 12v with the x-board. thanks for any help

oh yea im not that good with electronics hehe

Carbon Blue
05-06-2003, 08:44 PM
and what other parts will i need to interface it to my 12v x-boarded revolution, both cost wise and piece wise, thanks!

Tunaman
05-06-2003, 10:58 PM
The intelliframe is bolt right on and go, provided your mag is still stock. You will need a microswitch, some wire, a couple of screws, and a sub-mini phono jack. The instructions to hook it up are on this forum and I think in the Intelli package. Let me know if you need help hooking it up.;)

Miscue
05-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Dude, that's because it's a safety hazard.

Shouldn't have been able to use in first place.

Carbon Blue
05-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
The intelliframe is bolt right on and go, provided your mag is still stock. You will need a microswitch, some wire, a couple of screws, and a sub-mini phono jack. The instructions to hook it up are on this forum and I think in the Intelli package. Let me know if you need help hooking it up.;)

thanks man!

Paintchucker
05-07-2003, 11:45 AM
http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/iframerev-link.gif

Intelli2Rev Tech Section of AGD Online Store (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=96&CATID=15)

Frank (the spank)
05-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Safety hazzard?!?!?

No trigger guard?!?

What... he might fall down and hurt his hand?!? A trigger guard is so when a gun is dropped it doesn't hit the trigger and fire the gun. Very important for firearms, paintball guns... it's just for looks. If you're on the fild and drop the gun and hits someone.. no big deal. Off the field you better have a barrel plug in.

Thats a bunch of ****..

cheetah256
05-07-2003, 05:16 PM
actually, trigger guards are in place to keep people from fanning triggers. doesn't really work though, with as big as some guards are...

bornl33t
05-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

Why excatly? because the trigger is more exposed and it's easier to "bump" the trigger in the safty zone? Just curious

classicmagplayer
05-07-2003, 06:02 PM
fanning trigger? so they put trigger guard on a real gun to keep you from fanning it. :rolleyes: If you follow the rules and have the barrel plug in and the saftey on not having a trigger gaurd wont really hurt anything.

I like trigger guards...it gives you a place to rest you finger if you are not shooting. Plus it keeps the trigger from catching on anything and getting broken.

2nd post ever :D

GT
05-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

Yea great helpful post, thanks mom!

I think the big deal with the trigger guard is the possible discharge when the gun is placed in a restinf postion, ie on a table, chair, or whatever. In other words when some newb picks it up they dont do so by the trigger.

jb

Sir Chopsalot
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
another option is if you dont want to upgrade to an intelli, just make a trigger guard and screw it on there with the grip frame

cougar20th
05-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sir Chopsalot
another option is if you dont want to upgrade to an intelli, just make a trigger guard and screw it on there with the grip frame

to add to this idea. why not get one og the trigger guards thats made for a m98. the ones that bolt to the bottom of the trigget frame and wrap upward.

Carbon Blue
05-08-2003, 12:05 PM
thanks alot for all your helpful responses you guys. The referee told me that my foregrip would not act as a trigger gaurd or something, but thats just fine, ill be upgrading to an intelliframe :D

Carbon Blue
05-08-2003, 09:35 PM
one more question. I currently have a double finger trigger on my minimag and i was wondering do you guys prefer to have the long blade intelliframe or the double fingered one? Does one have an advantage over the other? thanks

litestab
05-09-2003, 08:51 AM
carbon, get the blade one, i don't know why, it just feels better.

Carbon Blue
05-09-2003, 01:33 PM
thanks litestab.

mh53eplt
05-09-2003, 01:34 PM
The reason why your field banned your marker is due to paintball insurance regulations that require a trigger guard on all paintball markers.

If you don't want to buy another trigger frame just get a thin piece of aluminum about 1/4 in wide and then bend it to fit. drill a small hole at each end of your new guard, then tap a hole in your trigger frame at the bottom to secure the lower end, and get a longer bolt for the front of your trigger frame (can be found at Lowes/Home Depot/any hardware store) and walla you now have a legal trigger guard. should take you about an hour to make and install.
I done this for several people.

Mags Rule!

MinimagRockin'
05-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by cheetah256
actually, trigger guards are in place to keep people from fanning triggers. doesn't really work though, with as big as some guards are...

Yeah right. They have been putting trigger guards on paintball guns since their conception, long before fanning was even invented much less useful. Besides fanning isn't illegal...

litestab
05-10-2003, 10:45 AM
fanning isn't really usefull either.. we aren't shooting revolvers... come on now

Daroy99
05-10-2003, 04:04 PM
I got my I frame from Tunaman and have used it a few times with it hooked up and it works fine. He has my gun now though for level ten....:D

Top Secret
05-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by MinimagRockin'

Yeah right. They have been putting trigger guards on paintball guns since their conception, long before fanning was even invented much less useful. Besides fanning isn't illegal...

Fanning isn't legal? mmmk. Last I checked there wasn't a ban on a method of pulling the trigger(ala walking, fanning, roller-trigger method, etc)

ShooterJM
05-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by litestab
fanning isn't really usefull either.. we aren't shooting revolvers... come on now

fanning a pb gun is WAY more usefull then fanning a revolver.