PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the chat party, Tom!

nippinout
05-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Thanks!

Kai
05-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Deffinately. Thanks alot Tom, you are the best.

e mag
05-06-2003, 08:59 PM
it's too bad that tom is nice enough to do these yet so many people cant follow the simple rules

ICOM
05-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Thanks a lot tom. You always run great ones. Thanks for the warp too. Always a plus winning a warp.

J Murder
05-06-2003, 09:00 PM
i dont really know what is so cool about it. Maybe cause you won the warp! I thought it was pretty lame:(

e mag
05-06-2003, 09:02 PM
yeah, i had to pick up my brother and missed all the prizes :(

Quickling
05-06-2003, 09:02 PM

edweird
05-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Nice chindig you tossed there... wish that we could of pulled the 500+ but fell a bit short.

anywho, thanks and grats to all the winnahs

Fatjon
05-06-2003, 09:07 PM
stop whining because you didnt win anything. Thanks tom it was fun

Xyxyll
05-06-2003, 09:09 PM
I thought it was very overcrowded with spammers and immature 12yr olds, but what should ya expect. They heard "prizes" and came-a-runnin.

I felt that it was a great party, and thanks Miscue for settin up that seperate channel for some eye strain relief! Had a great time. Haha, didn't even realize I had won something until 5+ ppl PM'd me congratulating me. Was nice to see numerous nice folks and good sports there.

Tom, you definitely looked like you were havin fun. I enjoyed the party. Was awesome talkin to you and shartley when I stepped up on stage. Thank you so much for hosting this chat party. Was definitely worth my evening.

Shartley, thank you so much for contributing prizes to the chat party. I have always admired your products, and I was definitely caught off-guard winning one!

Clare, was great seein ya at the party. You are definitely a cool person to talk to. I can only imagine how much you must have blushed when paaaaaaages and paaaaaages of "I LOVE YOU CLARE"s came up. There were a couple inappropriate comments, but that's expected from immature kids.

Great party guys! Wanted to win a warp or Clare poster, but hey, that's life... and ya can't win everything! I definitely plan to attend the next AO Chat Party! :D

-Xyxyll

personman
05-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Tom, I am glad to say that I diddnt, and havent at ANY of the chat parties that I have been to, walk out with a bad additude. Your parties are really awesome.. I dont think any other company could do this kind of thing. I love AGD and I will make EVERY party I can! Thanks, Tom! :)

Benfica4ever
05-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Yeah, it would be nice if to would load!!!!!or at least tell me why i am not able to go in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eg0_Slayer
05-06-2003, 09:15 PM
that was very fun...my mom got mad at me because i couldnt pull myself away from the computer lol

smilestyler
05-06-2003, 09:17 PM
:p

Cliffio
05-06-2003, 09:19 PM
stupid people and their internet clicks(sp):rolleyes:

SlipknotX556
05-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the party Tom, I had a great time!

than205
05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Just go with the flow.

Thanks for the chat party! Lot of fun as usual.
I totally missed it when my name was announced.
Thanks again!

Jet-Xino
05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks again Tom. Great party keep em coming!

Halo2x
05-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tom Youre the greatest, you should run for President!!!!!!

lord1234
05-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Just a thought:

The party was mad cool

Next thought:
those of u who complain that it flew by too fast, thats because you dont hang out enuf in the chat room as is.
Next thought:
to anyone who tried to make it a NOT fun time, too bad that u are pathetic enuf to cause problems for others having fun, enjoy all ur AGD products, including the chat room!

Sincerely

--Lord1234
--Spydarm

sithos
05-06-2003, 09:26 PM
great job everyone. blackvcg, miscue, everyone who helped kick some sense into the spammers!

oh yeah.. and THX Tom! Makes me prowd to be a 2nd time mag owner.

magman007
05-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Tom, thank you so much for allowing me to speak about the pb scene(and ofcourse the girls!) down here in chile. That really made my day Tom, and I really appreciate it!

Also, ive been supporting agd as much as i can here, and appreciate your great products, and the time you put into AO for Us.

so, thanks tom! you letting me speak really made my day, it was like an early bday present (9 more days!!!!)

so without further adieu... heres the link with the chix in it! http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77622

morph228
05-06-2003, 09:36 PM
cheers m8 it was fun!

P.S. I will never forget this

Greets to Sparq for the host!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/morph228SexyBeastEdit.jpg

JT2002
05-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Tom thanks for the free warp. hey morph how did u get teh copy of the chat like that?
i want to save the part that says i win lol:D . howd u do it?

Grasshopper
05-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by JT2002
Tom thanks for the free warp. hey morph how did u get teh copy of the chat like that?
i want to save the part that says i win lol:D . howd u do it?
There's a button that says Print Screen. It's just to the right of f12. Press that, then open some sort of image editing program (paint, adobe, etc). Then, press Ctrl+V (to paste) and viola! Oh, and thanks tons for the party Tom. Although, I would have liked to have won a warp, but it was awsome anyways! :)

Ultimator
05-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks Tom!

Just to reiterate the fact, he gave away over $1000 worth of stuff to you guys for absolutely free so I hope you feel special!

As to be expected, there were some ungrateful whiners but hey there are always going to be the "rebels" who act like babies and are never satisfied, so don't worry about them!

GhillieGuy
05-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Great party Tom, now i will be more prepared for the next one and wont get it set up 10 minuts before.:D ;)

Gman63
05-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Tom for putting on the party an affording anyone who wanted to have a chance to win some awsome gear at no cost whatsoever. For all of you who whish to bad mouth the chat or slam it in anyway, Do Not Come To The Next One. How many other manufacturers out there give away there stuff like AGD does. Not to mention that the level of quality in AGD products is the best. Keep it up Tom, your comitment to your products, users and the sport are what make me a Mag owner.

Peace, Im outta here.....:cool:

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-06-2003, 10:25 PM
tom, you are the most generous man ever, giving away stuff just for people to come and chat lol! thank you so much (even tho i didnt win) I cant belive people are such sore losers, i mean its not like they had to pay anythign to get into this party... all they had to do was show up and try to win. well shame on them they need to be beat bloody with a wiffle bat!

oldsoldier
05-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Tom, thanks for the party. It really says alot about your character. Most of the folks there were fine...and I would personally like to apologize for those who acted in a less than gentlemanly fashion. Normally, the room isnt that bad...we try to police ourselves :)
Thanks again for donating your time, insight, and the prizes. Also, thanks to Sam for donating some of his stuff too. I know he was kinda put on the spot, but he stepped right up, and was more than happy to donate prizes.
to those of you that won stuff, congrats to all you. To the rest, better luck next time. And, if you're bitter, think its rigged, or whatever, ask yourself why you came in the first place. Dont ruin it for everyone else, cuz you didnt win. Deal with it.
Thanks again Tom. I think our little cult is getting bigger...

afrankart
05-07-2003, 05:21 AM
Thanks for hosting Tom. I had to duck out early, buy you can bet I'll be at the next one. Keep up the good work.

BlkSprk
05-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Tom Rules... and Clare is a goddess.... nuff said.

The chat rocked, i will be back next time.

dansim
05-07-2003, 06:34 AM
oh my god im such a tard i completely forgot about teh chat party....damn sorry tk!

GSKRAP
05-07-2003, 06:42 AM
it was pretty cool even though i didnt win anything. the people that kept changing their names every 3 seconds were really starting to irritate me. they defeated the purpose of muting the chat. there were also people that obviously had some kind of program that kept spamming the same text over and over. it was cool though so ill be there next time.

rkjunior303
05-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Definitely a cool time, thanks for hosting the chat - hopefully I'll be a part of more in the future. Hopefully people won't be such d*cks in the future over the spamming..Thanks again Tom!

manike
05-07-2003, 09:36 AM
It was entertaining... even if it did mean I went to bed at 4.00am... :eek:

Creative Mayhem
05-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Thanks TK. I enjoyed myself yet again. I'll be there next time.

4 am manike? my clock only said 11pm I think... :D

CM

Dayspring
05-07-2003, 10:35 AM
It's that wacky British time... ;)

Anyway- Thanks alot Tom. Nice party as always!

shartley
05-07-2003, 11:19 AM
I had a good time (as usual, just sitting back watching folks), and last night was my Son’s (Jay) first AO Chat Party. For those of you who chatted with him and showed him a good time, thanks.

I have been working very hard lately and am sick to boot, so I had to run up to bed about halfway through the party. Tom asked me if I would like to donate some prizes for the party so I told him sure…… I then shot him off a PM before I headed off to lay down telling him to run with the prizes and just let me know who won them.

Imagine my surprise when my son ran upstairs to tell me that folks were yelling for me at the Chat Party. LOL So….. I put on my bathrobe and came downstairs and logged back in. I was around for the awarding of 3 of my Barrel Wraps and then until the Party ended.

I am glad folks had a great time, and I am glad they enjoyed the prizes (both AGD and Shartley Customs). For those who didn’t win, maybe next time! It costs nothing to join the party, and you lose nothing by being there… but gain a chance to win something. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Well…. I am not feeling well (like everyone at the party hit me with sledge hammers… LOL), and I have to run up to Home Depot. But thanks for everyone who showed up and helped make the party yet another success. And thanks Tom for having it.

hostage
05-07-2003, 02:02 PM
imho i think it should have been less about prizes etc. I think it would have been cooler to have less people and just chat with them. I don't see how many could see it as fun. I would have stayed around if it was more of a "chatting". I know it was for testing purposes etc, but maybe some real "chat" parties, though most times I go into chat, I see only a few people actually chatting.
-Doron

JT2002
05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Icom did u get ur email bout your free warp yet?

PzYcO
05-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Cool idea, good concept, we luv ya tom. Im just sorry about all the immature spammers/rule disobayers :(

Ideas for next party --

Age Limit
Put it at 2am EST so the kiddies cant get on

(if you need help with these below, just ask me..)
Spam Flood Kickers (very very good idea)
Clone Kickers
better curse filter for the parties

shartley
05-07-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by PzYcO
Cool idea, good concept, we luv ya tom. Im just sorry about all the immature spammers/rule disobayers :(

Ideas for next party --

Age Limit
Put it at 2am EST so the kiddies cant get on

(if you need help with these below, just ask me..)
Spam Flood Kickers (very very good idea)
Clone Kickers
better curse filter for the parties
Age limits would not be a good thing. I like having my kids be able to participate.

And I want it to be at NORMAL hours (as it has always been) so that I can participate too if I want to.

Spam Flood Kickers… I think they have that already. But honestly, what a lot of folks think is flooding and stuff is just lag. There is virtually no way to prevent this, unless there is some sort of “dump” system that could be initiated that would allow the Admin to just dump any and all incoming messages that have not been already put through the system at any given point.

Clone Kickers…. Bad idea. And that is because that would limit people from being able to have more than one person at any given location in the chat room. IE Schools, homes with networks, etc. I know me and my Wife have many times been in the chat room at the same time, and this party had me and my son there together. Automated Clone Kickers would have prevented this from happening.

As for the suggestions about the parties being more about chatting and less about prizes…. That will never work. 100+ people all wanting to just chat sounds nice, but in practice is counterproductive… even more so when ¾ of those people want to talk to the same person/people. The Chat room is open 24hrs a day as it is, and yes, sometimes it is pretty quiet, but quite often there are at least 5-10 people actively talking. It comes and goes…. But it is still better than most chat rooms I have seen of its kind.

PzYcO
05-07-2003, 03:05 PM
gheeze shartly, now i know where you got your reputation! :( ehhehe

shartley
05-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by PzYcO
gheeze shartly, now i know where you got your reputation! :( ehhehe
Reputation? I have a REPUTATION!?!?!!? :eek:

;)

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
05-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Thanks Tom, It's really refreshing to meet a company that has such close relations with their customer base. AGD rocks and keep it up =)
Thanks,
Martin

hitech
05-07-2003, 03:22 PM
I had to leave early (date night with the wife). What was the highest count of active participants?

Artic Flame
05-07-2003, 03:23 PM
ya i will also like to say thanks tom and to everyone who helped with the party and made it even better Shartly,Clara, and the moderators. I had a really good time and i hope the next one will be soon.:D

kevdupuis
05-07-2003, 03:23 PM
It was fun for the time I was around. For some reason I kept disconnecting myself and decided to give up when it happened for the fourth time.

JT2002
05-07-2003, 03:35 PM
shartley they give you our emails for the stuff yet?:D :D

shartley
05-07-2003, 03:48 PM
shartley they give you our emails for the stuff yet?:D :D
Nope. They were suppose to forward them to me, but I don't have any yet. If I don't get them in the next couple days I will shoot them off an e-mail asking for them. :)

JT2002
05-07-2003, 04:12 PM
as said by Flanders "Okeydokely Neighbor":D

Kai
05-07-2003, 04:17 PM
I don't think they've gotten around to the e-mailing just yet. I imagine it might take a bit.

You guys have to realize that with that many people, there won't be a whole lotta chatting going on. (except in the other room they had set up. Bistromath rules!) I just come to listen to what Tom has to say, which in the past has been info on LX and such. It's a great way for him to inform fans of AGD products about what's going on. I love 'em.

Timmee
05-07-2003, 07:04 PM
I had to leave to go to work near the end (although I think I didn't miss much of the end). For the most part, I enjoyed the chat party, although the spam, whining, and crass remarks were irritating.

In closing, I'd like to thank Tom for an insane, yet fun chat.

FalconGuy016
05-08-2003, 02:35 PM
I was there but I could only stay for like 3 minutes :(

Out of curiosity, how exactly are the prizewinners chosen?

Xyxyll
05-08-2003, 04:45 PM
A couple were chosen by spam. He'd -m the channel, and then +m it later. Whoever was last would win. Ya were only supposed to type the message once, but some ppl spammed it (Kai you sp4mm3r! So that's how you won!). ;) Just messin w/ ya kai. I'm sure there were a lot of other people spamming.

Then the other way was through email. Everybody would send TK an email. Not quite sure what he'd do w/ the emails, but there would eventually be a winner. :)

shartley
05-08-2003, 04:49 PM
I received the e-mails. Tom was not sure who won what, so when I send my responses to them we are looking for honesty back. There are 6 winners, 3 should be for Barrel Wraps, and 3 should be for Headbands. Those who won should look for their e-mail conformation in the next few days.

JT2002
05-08-2003, 08:44 PM
well, were you taking control of who got teh warps and those?

Xyxyll
05-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I received the e-mails. Tom was not sure who won what, so when I send my responses to them we are looking for honesty back. There are 6 winners, 3 should be for Barrel Wraps, and 3 should be for Headbands. Those who won should look for their e-mail conformation in the next few days.

Well, as far as I know, none of the winners know whether they won a barrel wrap or a head band (I don't). TK just pulled 6 emails out of a hat pretty much.

ICOM
05-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Umm as far as the wraps and headbands i have no idea who won,but for the warps i think it was me,jt and kai? not sure about the poster.

shartley
05-09-2003, 03:55 PM
well, were you taking control of who got teh warps and those?
No…. all I am “in control” of is the prizes that I am giving. And those are 3 Barrel Wraps and 3 Headbands.

Originally posted by Xyxyll

Well, as far as I know, none of the winners know whether they won a barrel wrap or a head band (I don't). TK just pulled 6 emails out of a hat pretty much.
If this is the case, then I will just pick 3 and 3 out of the list and go from there. I would still like a verification on this though…. But we will get it taken care of and folks will get their prizes. :D

Xyxyll
05-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by shartley

No…. all I am “in control” of is the prizes that I am giving. And those are 3 Barrel Wraps and 3 Headbands.

If this is the case, then I will just pick 3 and 3 out of the list and go from there. I would still like a verification on this though…. But we will get it taken care of and folks will get their prizes. :D

That always works. :)

I just hope I get the head band! ;)