PDA

View Full Version : ReTro/RT On/Off in Classic Valve?

Hopalong
05-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Will a ReTro/RT on/off fit in a Classic Valve? If it did, wouldn't that produce some if not all of the "reactive" properties of the ReTro/RT valve in a Classic Valve without the faster recharge? Assuming the swap could be made, you'd have to change to the appropriate sear to accomodate the different on/off pin length.

Thanks.

Butterfingers
05-07-2003, 01:56 PM
No it wont. The RT has a completely diffrent gas system.

It fits, it will work, but you will get no reactivity and tons of shootdown.

Hopalong
05-07-2003, 02:09 PM
That's what I thought. I knew that part of the reactivity was due to the new on/off and that pasrt was the increased gas flow. I just didn't know how important the gas flow was to the reactivity.

Thanks.

cgrieves
05-07-2003, 05:11 PM
There is an aftermarket on/off assembly- the Reactor Valve- that claims to add a measure of kickback to the classic valve's trigger. I've never seen or used one but www.paintballravi.com gave it the once over.

As usual, use of non AGD parts is at your own risk ;)

hitech
05-07-2003, 05:28 PM
I can't imagine why you would get shootdown. The Centerflag on/off bottom (for the Hyperframes) uses an on/off pin that is basically the same as an RT/eMag. As long as it fit and the on/off pin was the correct length it should work. It should also reduce the force required to pull the trigger. :D

Butterfingers
05-07-2003, 09:33 PM
You will get shootdown because of the reduced return force on the trigger. It promotes short stroking.

Not only that if you look down upon the on/off tops from the top. The RT Brass top actually fits tighter with the pin on the top than the classic top. It is infact a flow restriction.

This is because the top gas passageway isn't used to fill the chamber in the RT. The main charge used to fill the chamber goes through the center of the hollow on/off pin. The Small top RT passageway is just used to establish pressure equalibrium with the reg psiton and provide reactivity. This is why the RT on off has huge side passages but a teeny tiny top passage when assembled with a pin.

Putting such a "tight" on/off top will block the main charge of air on the classic valve which comes through the top of the on/off pin. IF you put a classic top and pin together you can see that the interface is much looser providing better airflow.

The centerflag on off is in fact VERY diffrent than the RT on off. The purpose of the centerflag on/off stepped pin is to reduce pull force so that the tiny solnoid can pull the sear. The top passageway top/pin interface still has a "loose" unrestrictive fit which does not prevent flow the way an RT on/off would.

hitech
05-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Thanks, that makes perfect sense. :D

BTW, Centerflag only replaces the on/off bottom. And yes, it is for the reason you stated.