PDA

View Full Version : What to get first???

classicmagplayer
05-07-2003, 05:33 PM
This is my first post on AO :) anyhow heres the question
I have an old school classic mag(non powerfeed) with a lvl 10...

I am trying to choose between geting the intelliframe, ULE body and a freak(or other adjustable barrel) OR HPA and the X valve. I wouldn't trade in the standard classic valve, cause I plan on building another marker anyhow.

It will be more for the X valve and HPA because I would also have to get a scuba tank and fill station cause there is now place to get the tank filled around here. I really want to get a new body and barrel cause I have 2 automag barrels, an old 14inch J&J ceramic and some little 6 or 8 inch barrel. Basically I dont want to get more barrels for the mag cause the thread will be changed over to autococker threads soon :D

I have been shooting with CO2 for the past 5 years with the mag...so I'm used to it freezing up if it isn't 80 degrees outside.

WarBUCKs
05-07-2003, 05:59 PM
I would personally start with HPA, Intelliframe and then a Barrel. Possibly in that order.... if you are going to buy all at once then go for the First Poll Choice.... (HPA, ULE, Barrel) I think that is what it was.

:)

dropkick1
05-07-2003, 06:21 PM
i say hpa then i-frame then ule then barrel kit.

ken

classicmagplayer
05-07-2003, 06:25 PM
oops, just realized this is in the painball talk section not tech...I'm a little slow :rolleyes:

The only problem with getting HPA now it there are no places to get it filled around here, and no one else uses it. So I would have to get a couple scuba tanks and a fill station to fill my own tanks. Then take an hour drive to get the scuba tanks filled. I was thinking of getting the ULE first cause my barrels suck, and I dont want to get new barrels and not be able to use them when I get the ULE. Plus the ULE just looks so badass :D

so many choices so little money :(

JAM
05-07-2003, 06:52 PM
If you can
t get fills, don't waste your money on the X, get an intelliframe which will help you shoot your valve as fast as it can go, get Level 10 to guard against the chops, then get the ULE body and freak.

FlipShot
05-07-2003, 06:58 PM
I'd get some keylime pie

classicmagplayer
05-07-2003, 07:22 PM
I have a lvl 10...had it since last year. I want to get HPA, probably will. CO2 dosen't work well with the lvl 10...seems to freeze up alot more than before. Right now I'm thinking HPA and stuff to fill it then ULE and barrel kit then the Iframe. I'm going to have to sell my 4 wheeler to buy paint after this.

keylime pie? sounds nasty. I was thinking cocanut(spelling?) cream

Grasshopper
05-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Yea, if you can, I'd go with HPA first. After that, I'd go with either the I-frame or ULE (I hate the standdard feed mags; balls bounce back up to easy). If you get the ULE, you would need a new barrel, although you could sell and trade the ones you have now for a 'Cocker barrel. Hehe, so many choices.

jayloo
05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
In this order...

1. Intelliframe
2. ULE body and barrel
3. HPA
4. Scuba and fill station
5. X-Valve

classicmagplayer
05-07-2003, 09:49 PM
I am sooooo happy I found a place that fills/sells scuba tanks right in the town I play paintball in, never even knew it was there. If you live in Pa and are looking for a scuba shop check out http://www.laureldivers.com/pa.htm they have a ton of shops listed.

Looks like I'm going to get the HPA set up first, then probably ULE and barrels since I dont mind the stock trigger that much. X valve can wait until I win the lotto.

Anyone have any recomendations on a 68ci 3000psi tank? I was looking at the ACI bulldog...but I really have no clue about HPA tanks.

Thanks for the help

Cryer
05-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Honestly, here's what I did:
1 Mag
2 Hpa
3 I-frame
4 ULE body & teardrop barrel

This paycheck, I will get an X-valve, then when the Y grip is released, I'll get that, then maybe a CP pro kit.

I got the teardrop because it's cheap and I've heard good reviews about it (just so I'll have a barrel to play with until I can afford jumping up to a kit).

The reason you should get HPA before the I-frame or Xvalve is beacause those will both increase your achievable rate of fire. Until you can maintain that higher rate of fire without freezing over, it prettymuch negates any other effect of that upgrade. So if you get HPA first, then when you DO get an Iframe or X-valve, you'll be able to use your marker to its full potential immediately.

That's just my way of thinking.

*edit- Bulldogs are alright, I have a 68/4500. I think the reg could be a little more consistant (but then again I'm a stickler for perfection...Why else would I own a mag?:p). I've had no problems with it, tho. I got it because it was cheap ($160 on an ebay store) but now that I really think about it I should have got a crossfire (or even an adjustable tank). Crossfire, I think, is your best bet. PMI is good, too.

Pvt.Opium
05-08-2003, 09:51 AM
I suggest in this order:

1. HPA
2. I-Frame
3. Then a new Barrel

As you said, HPA is a problem becasue you have no place to fill, but to me it is worth the drive...

Welcome to AO!!!:)