PDA

View Full Version : Video Review: World Cup 2002 from 1 Shot Productions

JAM
05-07-2003, 07:57 PM
OK, I saw Black's reviews and I don't have the time to be as thorough, but the main thing is this video is very basic, but fun to watch if you like watching paintball.

it isn't filled with annoying- almost depressing- slo motion like Sunday Drivers and it has a great mix of games and company/product. i wish they showed more of the Angels. ;)
I also wished the games were labelled or titles in some way 'cause it's hard to tell what teams are playing most of the time. they have a few great replays showing cheating, some good drunk people footage and overall it's a good video.

Grasshopper
05-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Most paintball movies I don't like, because it just shows a picture of one guy shooting, and I have no clue what's really going on. Maybe paintball movies changed, but the last one I watched were like that. I liked the Push video, though.

JAM
05-07-2003, 09:37 PM
I agree grasshopper,

this one too shows a lot of one guy shooting, but it does a pretty decent job of cutting back and forth between the two guys that are shooting at each other.

Push was decent- I especially liked the extra footage that was just a bunch of complete games. it did have a lot of the depressing-music-slow-mo parts though. But Sunday Drivers was almost unbearable because of that.

-j

BlackVCG
05-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Grasshopper- Check out the 720 Video - Beyond the Fifty. Best video yet for showing you what happens in the game and not focusing up close on players all the time.

Josh2Xtremes
05-08-2003, 08:12 AM
"Outstanding"

1 Shot are great people with a vast amount of experience in the field of videography and it shows. While it isn't perfect, it's close. When their paintball experience matches their videography experience, they have the potential to do amazing things in the paintball video industry. I wish them well and pledge the support of PB2X in helping them get where they need to go.
Josh

JAM
05-08-2003, 09:06 AM
I agree Josh, they seem like really cool people and i hope they do well.

covadsucks
05-08-2003, 10:45 AM
If you folks like just straight game footage, I would suggest getting the Force of Nature World Cup 2k2 DVD. It's all play no slo-mo's and it's cheap in terms of pricing.

1shot
05-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Thank you for your feedback! 1Shot is constantly growing in our coverage of events. Every single DVD we make will be much different from the one before. Next up:

Memphis Indoor
Ultimate Madness
IAO

Thanks again!
See ya round!

Nick
1Shot

Mr.Emag
05-08-2003, 11:57 AM
dude you want to know whats going on in the game then you should pick up a copy of beyond the 50, they have a HUD, (heads up display) which shows the field lay out and who is in what bunkers. it is an awesome movie and the 1st song is awesome, you'll love it, i promise.