PDA

View Full Version : Can you?

WARPED1
05-08-2003, 09:33 AM
I have a micromag, and an emag. I'm wondering if I can put my emag grip/batt pack on the micro body?
Then I'd put my other body with rail on my new intelliframe that is on the way. Is it possible?

xmetal2001
05-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't hurt to try, just take off the battery and see if it fits. If all else fails.....ducttape.....:)

StygShore
05-08-2003, 10:11 AM
You will need to get a different on/off pin and a spacer from ProTeam Products that fits between the body and the grip/battery assembly. apparently a little difference in tolerances or something?

Styg

WARPED1
05-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Why an on/off pin? Isn't that in the valve?

StygShore
05-08-2003, 11:05 AM
I think the On/Off pin is a different size in the MicroEmag.

Styg

WARPED1
05-08-2003, 11:08 AM
I fail to see why tho. It's just a new body. Would I need to get a new on/off pin if I decided to wait for warp ULE's?

StygShore
05-08-2003, 12:20 PM
I dont think it is a body that is the problem. I think its a slight difference in the rail.

The Warp ULE body will sit on the Emag rail perfectly fine, so everythign will line up correctly as far as sear, on off, etc. The body has nothing to do wiht it.

the Micromag body was based off a stock rail for specs. The Emag and RT Pro rails are a little bit bigger, so PTP had to coem up with a spacer to put between the body and the grip assembly. The different on/off pin size again may be an adjustment for tolerances. The early MicroEmags had a huge run-away or doubleshot problem, and the different pin length seems to have alleviated that problem.

Styg

WARPED1
05-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Micromags have no rail tho.............

StygShore
05-08-2003, 12:30 PM
I understand they do not have a rail, but the part of the body on the Micromag that positions the sear and connects to the grip frame was developed off the standard mag rail specs, not the RTpro or Emag rail specs.

The tolerances are different - look at the on/off pin length in the RT pro compared to the normal ReTro valve. Esentially they are the same gun setup, but the on/off has to differ because of a difference in the rails.

Styg

any help here from someone that deals with the pin length? am I right or wrong?

WARPED1
05-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Too much work:p , guess I'll just buy a ULE body when it comes out. Thanks man!