PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the EVIL omen?

litestab
05-08-2003, 10:16 AM
what's it like? how much does it cost? what is CAM feed

manike
05-08-2003, 11:26 AM
I don't have one but I checked one out at the last world cup, have read the patents and have seen 'sneak' preview pics of the insides and how it works. The patent can be found from Have Blue's site I believe.

Originally posted by litestab
what's it like?

A closed bolt spyder.

how much does it cost?

Not sure but I think I remember hearing $450. I may be way off base though.

what is CAM feed

It's a set of levers/fingers on the side of the gun which force the ball in during the very short period of time that the bolt stays open. It has a vert feed offset to the side of the gun (something I thought to do years ago! and has been done by someone else also) and pushes the bottom ball across and into the breech via the little levers.

One of the guys on the development crew told me they had to develop the cam feed because other wise it just cycled too fast and couldn't feed (think Spyder death fart where the hammer and bolt doesn't latch back on the sear).

Oh and the one I held was black and shiney... :D

ignatz
05-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3606841541&category=16048) what you mean? HTH

manike
05-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ignatz
Is this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3606841541&category=16048) what you mean? HTH

Yep that's it.

The MSRP there is apparently 675$ :eek: :rolleyes: but they have 'buy it now' for $450...

adam shannon
05-08-2003, 12:52 PM
watch out! that auction may be a ripoff. guys i know that are sponsored by evil and will be getting free ones as soon as they are available still havent seen a working omen yet. they said that at vegas last weekend there still wasnt a working model and that the evil tech couldnt even get it to work on the spot. may be an exageration...but thats the word i got.

maybe they have worked out the bugs...but beware some guy selling markers that arent even released yet. check that shop out before you order...maybe he is selling pre-orders. but it looks shady to me.

maglover52
05-08-2003, 12:53 PM
what an overpriced piece of crap it has a plastic gripframe and plastic trigger:rolleyes: i would take that money and get an rt pro then i could toss a couple mods on for 675 bucks i could get a ule and a x valve if i wanted. or i could get a used e mag.

WarBUCKs
05-08-2003, 01:11 PM
For some strange reason, I don't think it has hit the market yet

tye92
05-08-2003, 02:01 PM
The Omen is out i saw it at the Xball event is Vegas, held and shot it, not with paint though. I believe they told me it was around $450 price wise, and that was from them so i'm sure it will drop in the next little while. Looked like a decent gun much like any of the other new black spyder type spin-off electros out there.

rdb123
05-08-2003, 03:09 PM
At the bottom, it says the auction is for pre-order. ;)

FalconGuy016
05-08-2003, 04:01 PM
I know a guy who is sponsored by Evil (member of chaos) and he got an omen a few monthes ago. Ask him on AIM: Orracle03 for opinions

Duke Henry
05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
I know people who have shot them first hand, and were quite impressed with the guns.

I also know that a regional PMI rep has said that there are only about a dozen or more that are "out there" and they are only for sponsored teams and/or BIG retail stores that are important customers.

Basically, if you want an Omen - it will probably be available in late summer in large quantities.

I am still curious to see their (Evil's) two "higher-end" guns...

CpSuPeRkId
05-08-2003, 04:24 PM
the evil omen is FASSST. im not even joking. its like an ebladed cocker. a kid at a local cpsa tourney had one somehow and it ripped like a mofo. i couldnt beleive it. everyone describes it as a closed bolt spyder but its actually a decent marker. the cam feed was sweet too. i dunno how good the quality is or how it actually shoots but from what i saw its definitely a performer.

litestab
05-08-2003, 05:07 PM
interesting. every body seems to think something else of it, what about anti-chop technology? anything in there?