PDA

View Full Version : measuring cps

Quickling
05-08-2003, 05:57 PM
I am curious how to estimate ones cps without an electro grip that coutns for you. I know most people will say.. well I outshot my revy so I'm doing 14bps.

sure.... thats too subjective to satisfy me.

The way I went about it was dry firing my gun (remember I am only testing cps right now) while recording the sound on my PC.

then I just went and looked at the wav file and counted the shot spikes within a one second timeframe.

According to that method I average 6-7 shots per second with normal firing speed, and 9-10 shots per second if I really rip on the trigger.

I am using an autococker with slider.

Yes I know thats slow.. so what, I don't care if my gun can do 25bps... I can't afford to shoot that much anyway :p

e mag
05-08-2003, 06:42 PM
you will get a more accurate result if you record over 10 sec then count the number of shots and divide by 10 (the longer the amount of time the more accurate the result will be).

Quickling
05-08-2003, 07:11 PM
I do it longer then a second, but not as long as 10.

athomas
05-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Just pull a string of shots while recording an audio track. Pick a section of the recording and count the shot/sound spikes. Divide the number by the time frame of the same section. The total will be your shots per second.