PDA

View Full Version : RT pro leaking

wolverine85929
05-09-2003, 12:30 AM
My freind has a rt pro and it leaks out the bolt when you pull the triger and hold the trigger. it only leaks for 2-3 seconds and stops. it does not leak if you are just shooting the marker. level 10 was just installed but it did this before this. also the on/off o ring has been replaced but it did not help. can anyone help??? :confused:

Blazingace
05-09-2003, 12:37 AM
The o-ring might be worn. This is especially true for the Lvl 10. Since you changed the o-rings with the Lvl 10 kit it might be the shims are the cause of the leak now. Since you changed the ON/OFF o-rings recently I tend to think that is not the problem. I would say either the Carrier O-ring or shims since it is a leak down the barrel.

BlackVCG
05-09-2003, 12:41 AM
This is perfectly normally. If you're running a slightly loose carrier o-ring fit, then it will do this. You want to run a loose carrier o-ring fit to make it more efficient and consistent, so this is something you have to deal with. Don't be bothered by it. Just don't hold the trigger down.

wolverine85929
05-09-2003, 12:43 AM
hey thanks for the reply. It only leaks when you hold the trigger back to chrono simulating rapid fire. why would carrier shims cause this??? shouldnt it leak all the time?
no flames please i am just trying to learn more about the rt valves.

wolverine85929
05-09-2003, 12:47 AM
ok thanks for the help and the reason why.