PDA

View Full Version : xvalve question - on off section

rikkter
05-09-2003, 09:29 AM
ok well, my teammate just bought a xmag off of ebay, and it wasn't working, and he was quite pist. so, i called him up to help him work through the mags and try to fix it, and try to see what the problem is.
well, the warp discs are worn, not pushing the balls up all the time, or the paint is just too small. so. we solved that.
now then gun doesn't recharge fast enough, tonighti'm going to redo the hoses for him on it and clean it, oil it, and get it working good.

but heres what was interesting.
when he shot, it fired, then shortly after, you hear a click-- the sear pin going back into its resting position waiting for the next shot- like how it is when you run out of air. you fire, then wait for the sear to reset to fire again. but this was happening on every shot, with a full tank, velocity good, level 10 good, and with 800psi output on the tank.
so, i guided him through on taking the valve out, checked it, poped out the on off
now. in his gun, he doesn't have the smaller oring that goes around the on off pin. it just has the big oring on the actuall on off valve, and the same size oring in the on off hole in the valve. thats it. only 2 orings. so, i was going to take that oring out of my gun and see what if that was what was causing it. but i had no air.

so my question:
what would the emags function like without that oring? would this be the cause of the slow recharge? or no?

also. he said the velocity scrw in the back was VERY hard to turn. why might this be?

thanks

bjjb99
05-09-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure about your first question, but your last one I think I might be able to answer.

The rear velocity adjuster compresses a spring pack that controls the pressure inside the Mag. The threads on this velocity adjuster are very fine, and can sometimes bind a bit. You may need some anti-siezing compound on those threads.

1. Completely de-gas the marker (duh)
2. Unscrew the velocity adjuster until it is completely removed from the marker.
3. Apply some anti-sieze compound to the threads of the velocity adjuster. I use lithium grease.
4. Carefully screw the velocity adjuster back into the marker. Make sure you don't cross-thread it.
5. Gas up the marker, go to a chronograph, and re-adjust your velocity.

BJJB

cgrieves
05-09-2003, 11:15 AM
The XMag s I've seen have a large round section outer O-ring the same as any 'Mag, and a black Quad O-ring in the center. I can't see how the marker would work at all without both of these O-rings as the on/off wouldn't be able to cut off air to the dump chamber.

athomas
05-09-2003, 01:33 PM
There should be 4 o-rings in the on/off assembly.

1) the large one around the outside of the assembly
2) the small teflon one inside the assembly
3) the large one at the top of the assembly
4) the black quad o-ring which sits in a small groove above the assembly.

rikkter
05-09-2003, 02:35 PM
woot in da hell

i have a emag. with the xvalve. . so i between his xmag and my emag, the valves should be pretty much the same, except for the, logos, Xvalve vs's xmag right?

ok well. what sthe purpose of this black quad oring?
on mine, instead of that black oring, i have a normal one, small, around the on off pin
and it works perfectly fine that way.

??

Dayspring
05-09-2003, 02:44 PM
They changed the on/off design through production on the Emag. Forget what the quad solved, but Gunga said it solved some problem. If you sent your Emag in now without the Quad oring, they'd change it out and you'd have one. I think they mill a little bit of the valve to make it fit.

Don't totally quote me on that. Mind's gone today. :D

rikkter
05-09-2003, 02:58 PM
ok so. with the xvalves. theres suppose to be a quad oring?
xvalve in a emag i mean

cgrieves
05-09-2003, 04:48 PM
It should work with either..... Apparently the quad o-ring is supposed to provide less friction in the on/off pin for the solenoid to overcome. Although in my Classic Mag/Emag Valve Hyperframe combination it actually makes the pin stickier.....

rikkter
05-09-2003, 07:29 PM
well, thanks for your helps guys, but he decided to sent it into AGD to get it repaired and rebuilt to the max.
its too bad tho, i wanted to see it lol