PDA

View Full Version : Will anno'ing X-valve cancel warranty?

vaypourus
05-09-2003, 10:07 AM
I tried to do a search for this, as I am sure it has already been asked, but I couldn't find an answer.

As the title states, if I were to strip and annodize an X-valve to the color of my choice (deep green....mmmmmmmmmmm) would it ruin my AGD "star" warranty?

Even if the X-valves eventually come annodized in green, it won't be the shade I want. When I get my future emag annodized, it won't cost extra to do the valve anyways, so I would like to throw it in with the rest of the gun.

Are there any plans of selling un-annoded polished valves ready for anno?

Thanks in advance-

vayp

datapimp69
05-09-2003, 10:13 AM
im not sure if it will void the warranty, but i think it WILL.

what i do know is if try and reanno it, it will not work anymore. i have had a long talk with tom about this.

and you are in the 85% range of the valve not working again.

there are some tight tollarances in there and when you are dealing with a high pressure setup right next to your face. i want them to be right.

i havent heard abought raw valve bodys yet.

Schnitzel
05-09-2003, 10:13 AM
in either the process of stripping the original anno, or applying a new color, you may end up covering the serial#, and in so doing, cancel the warranty.

if you dont have a #, AGD wont work on it.

btw: aren't x-valves hard-annodized? i'm sure you can't just strip that stuff with just drano, or any other household method. you'd probably end up needing to send it out, but still, it'd probably screw your warranty.

vaypourus
05-09-2003, 10:16 AM
I wondered about the change of tolerances from stripping and re-annodizing the valve. Usually though, the change in tolerances is so slight that it won't make a difference.

Hmm......

I guess I will have to hope for a raw aluminum valve release.....

JAM
05-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Tom has mentioned that they won't be selling un-annoed valves because of warranty and safety concerns.
I wouldn't mess with it, and a black XValve would look sweet with a green body.

Phil
05-09-2003, 12:11 PM
AGD is starting to realize that people want color choices. It is probably only a matter of time before they start making rails, x-valves, inteliframes and grips in different colors. Stranger things have happened... ;)

vaypourus
05-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Bummer on the un-anno'd valves. Black it is.

The gun is going to be a matte silver to green fade (from front to back) I guess black would look okay with that:confused:

nerobro
05-09-2003, 01:48 PM
Well.. AGD curently HAS some colored x-vavles... in some of the pictures they posted they showed them ;-) darned good looking valves. Just wait. tehy'll come to us.

cledford
05-09-2003, 03:10 PM
The answer would be yes - you would void the coverage by removing the serial number.

I don't think it's safe either - as others have said Tom stated here that unannoed valves wouldn't be sold due to safety concerns.

-Calvin

rehme
05-09-2003, 03:55 PM
maybe you could call some one up at AGD and get basic valve with no internals in it and have that anodized and send that back and half every thing put back in it

Kevmaster
05-09-2003, 04:46 PM
yes, it will

gamarada717
05-09-2003, 06:10 PM
I think that black on that gun would look nice. Contrast is important to me.