PDA

View Full Version : halo compared to 12v intelli...

MinimagRockin'
05-10-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking about buying a halo but am wondering if it will make that much difference over an intellifed 12v on an rtp. Also how much more does the halo weigh?

askman
05-10-2003, 12:25 AM
halo weighs about 1.5lb and cost 130 bucks.

The question is, are you outshooting your revvy? If not, no reason to get one, frankly with RTP, unless I have a runaway, I would have trouble shooting faster than 12bps for any sustained time, even with intelliframe. (actually, I have trouble keeping it over 10bps on my emag in mechanical mode, 12-14 in emode) I use non yboard eggo II, and don't have trouble keeping up, and I really can't afford to shoot that fast anyway for any length of time.

NJPaint
05-10-2003, 07:38 AM
Like the guy above me said, unless you are outshooting your 12v, which is pretty hard even with an RT, there is no reason to get a halo

cphilip
05-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Uh...No Reason? That is not correct...

The Halo is positive fed. Its pushing balls in. This not only speeds up feed it eliminates bobble and allows you to shoot strings sideways and even upside down for a short period.

There is you a couple reasons...

Price you pay for that is a bit more weight. Same price you pay for a warp. Figure out if they are an advantage to you. Then decide.If you don't need those then that fine but they are reasons. But they are also reasons to not get anything else.

Skoad
05-10-2003, 09:37 AM
i was looking at the inside of an evo2 today, it looks almost exactly like a 12 volt revy except theres a little path for the balls to go down into the feed tube.

i wonder if i could just like cut a piece of plastic and epoxy it in there so it kinda force feeds the balls. like the evo2 or a5.

Lopy-slopy
05-11-2003, 01:44 AM
I realy don't think you would need a Halo on an RT

beefstew
05-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Agreed.
If you are thinking about a new gun that you will be shooting faster than you do currently, and you are also looking to get a new hopper, i would buy the halo so you dont have to upgrade later. If you are sticking with the rt pro and are not outshooting it, then why would you need a faster hopper?
BeefStew

cphilip
05-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Lopy-slopy
I realy don't think you would need a Halo on an RT

I think you can be advantaged by it. If you have a ULE or no rise body the thing realy feeds it better. Takes all the bobble out and realy sucks in the balls.

And you can then think about a roller trigger or something as well. You cannot out fan it.

But you can get by with a revy that is true. If you have level 10 in there you can accomadate the feed without it being force fed.

But you can take advantage of a Halo with an RT? Most definately. "Need"? Well no one realy "Needs" one. But can it be an advantage? Yes. It can.