PDA

View Full Version : Timmy questions..

Ryknow
05-10-2003, 07:30 PM
It's official, I'm getting a Lasoya timmy, but was wondering about the world of aftermarket parts. Can someone fill me in about what is good/bad and what I should stay away from and what does just looks and such. I have been told that the CP volumiser is a very good upgrade. Is this true? Also how many shots can I get off a 68/45 full filled, and a 68/3 all the way filled. thanks everyone who responds!
~Tyler

(yes I am keeping my mag.. sort of)

SlipknotX556
05-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Alright, aftermarket parts

First, most important, a CP adjustable ram cap. Then if you dont like the stock bolt, which most people dont, a hydra bolt.

Stay away from the CP single reg volumizers, nothing but trouble,. Also if you dont already know, use only dow 55 on the ram, tri flow on the o rings on the bolt. No other oils.

The gun itslef is basically already upgraded to the max, but if you dont like the stock dragon trigger, get a different one.

You will own one of the most insane markers out.

thecavemankevin
05-10-2003, 09:17 PM
it is a very nice marker and you will be very happy.

Main thing to stay away from is the titanium rams and caps, they will lead to excessive wear of the ram sleave. Keep the ram stock, but like slipnot said...git a cp adjustable ram cap and whatever bolt (best to get one with the detent slots cut in it). If you have a halo, you will want hard detents.

other than that, your gun will be great out of the box.

www.pbkingdom.com is a great source for parts

Blazingace
05-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Don't you mean dow 33? I am not sure, but I think it is dow 33. The timmy has a similar operating principle to an impulse and the imp uses dow 33.

SlipknotX556
05-10-2003, 09:36 PM
No, its Dow 55. Dow 33 can be used, but it is not suggested, just use dow 55, 18 bucks for 5.3oz of it, it will last you a long time.

Yes, as caveman said, if you are going to use a halo, extra hard detents are a must. Also, some new eye covers would be nice, the stock ones look like crap.

Blazingace
05-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Oh....cool. Unfortunaly I get dow 33 at work for free. I will have to check out the dow 55.

SlipknotX556
05-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Best thing about dow 55, it smells so good, just like a halo when you first buy it. :)

cris8762
05-10-2003, 10:31 PM
pbk is AWESOME, the timmmys they have over there are insane

we played against them all last year in a 3man tourney series and they had this one timmy, it was completely cromed out (might've been nickel plate) with GOLD PLATED accents! it was insane, we clocked the guy at 17 bps over a red chrono b4 the tourney one time! he ran the timmy with a warp and halo B

guy dumped about 6 pods in one 3man game, it was insane!

Ryknow
05-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys! Especially slipknot and caveman. Is the CP ram cap the things on the front of the gun underneath the barrel? or is it on tha back at an angel under the bolt?

SlipknotX556
05-11-2003, 11:42 AM
CP Ram cap is under the bolt.

This picture will help, this is my friends 2k2.

If you have any further questions about timmys, please visit http://www.intimidator-owners.com/ for any further information.

Brett23
05-11-2003, 11:51 AM
The cap adjusts the rear travel of the bolt. Without it the bolt can go to far back sometimes. The ball can then roll back past the eye just enough so that the gun wont fire. Bit of a pain when your ripping a bunker to shreds and all of a sudden the gun just stops shooting .