PDA

View Full Version : Head

DaisyDuke
05-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi guys! Question- does anyone have head gear to recommend? Lately, everytime I play I've gotten beaned. I'm looking for something that
1. is padded or something
2. looks good
3. isn't going to smother me

Any suggestions??
thanks ;)

pbguy888
05-10-2003, 07:49 PM
I allways just wear a backwards hat...

Kevmaster
05-10-2003, 07:58 PM
beanie?

personman
05-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by pbguy888
I allways just wear a backwards hat...
That workz, I learned my lesson when the first time I was playing, it was indoor sup air, and I was behind a bunker and I popped up and got hit ~3 times in the back of the head, almost point blank... DANG I had a splitting headache for a while.. killed a few brain cells..
Well I started wearing a backwards cap and that worked fine, but now I'm too lazy to wear one, but then again im used to paintballs hitting me and it doesnt hurt nearly as much as it did when I started... :p
Yea, go with the cap, or a beanie works good too..

Riot[Z-Grip]
05-10-2003, 08:30 PM
I can never get the backwards hat to feel right, so my choice is a beanie. It works out well and the material has a little more 'give' or 'bounce' than a baseball hat.

-Riot

SlipknotX556
05-10-2003, 08:39 PM
Du rag + Hat = padded to the max.

darklord
05-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Bunker king headwrap. Hides hits, absorbs sweat, looks cool. http://www.bunkerking.tv/headbands.html

http://www.bunkerking.tv/media/HEAD%20GEAR/hb_top.gif

but as for actual padding you might want to invest in a baseball cap to wear backwards... or even a sock hat (even though they look ghey)

paintbattler
05-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Haha, when I saw the title to this thread I didn't think it would be about masks...(Maybe I have a dirty mind.)

Blazingace
05-10-2003, 09:21 PM
As much as some people don't like them I wear a sock hat. I have taken numerous hits to the head an a majority of them have bounced. I really dig my sock hat.

darklord
05-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by paintbattler
Haha, when I saw the title to this thread I didn't think it would be about masks...(Maybe I have a dirty mind.) nah I thought that too at first glance.... :D

Badjojo
05-10-2003, 09:37 PM
I wear a backwards hat, i saw someone cut off the bill part of the hat and just had the cap part. I thougth that was a little weird, but it seemed to work (It was also fitted). Those headbands are nice but they are another 25 bucks. Oh an important thing to remember, if you use a hat be sure to take the tack thing on the top of it off. If ya get popped there it would probably give you a concusion cause its metal and pointy.

DaisyDuke
05-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Hmmm, thanks for the ideas!! I did try a backwards cap, but I guess I have a sensitive head... The bunker king wrap looks cool, I'll surf on over to there.
Haha, today when I was playing I used my hair for padding (it's long). I put it in two "meatballs" on top of my head... I did get hit, one ball hit one of my hair-fluffs and bounced right off. Yay!

thanks!!!!

cris8762
05-10-2003, 10:11 PM
go with the beanie + headband combo

dunno if the du-rag would look good on a female:confused:

i usually go with a black du-rag and lion print BK headband, total pimpness!

Johnny_Reb
05-10-2003, 10:25 PM
LOL you could always make your hair like princess Leia's:D I know how it feels to get hit in the noggin, I have this bright red mask that makes a great target for other players. When I get hit it generally is in the head:( I wear a DYE beanie but thats more of a looks issue, it still hurts when I get hit there even with the beanie on.

eg0_Slayer
05-11-2003, 12:50 AM
i usually wear a leather du-rag..it hurts like no other when i get hit...but they bounce nearly every time...i dont know why...maybe its luck...

Clare
05-11-2003, 04:45 AM
dunno if the du-rag would look good on a female

hey now! I wear my extreme rage headband/du rag most of the time..I like to think that it looks somewhat decent on me. :p

cphilip
05-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Wear a pair of underwear on your head.

Not for any particular reason...I just want to see it... :D

Wickster
05-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Years ago I bought a couple of Sandana head wraps. I don't know if they can be found around anymore (I searched a couple of online stores and couldn't find them). Anyway, they were in different camo styles, covered the head, had velcro enclosure and covered the back of the neck too. I really like mine.

cris8762
05-11-2003, 04:50 PM
capo-

not trying to insult neone, just saying it might look kinda weird with a du-rag and all this hair stickin out, dunno, maybe it's just me

if you like it go for it!!!!

Clare
05-11-2003, 06:18 PM
not trying to insult neone, just saying it might look kinda weird with a du-rag and all this hair stickin out, dunno, maybe it's just me

I wasn't insulted, just joking. :)

Anyway, I don't know what you mean about hair sticking out. I wear my hair in a pony tail so the only hair showing is the end of it.

WARPED1
05-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Wear a pair of underwear on your head.

Not for any particular reason...I just want to see it... :D ROFLMAO!
I nearly choked to death on my limonada.
Go with a du-rag thingy.

cris8762
05-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

I wasn't insulted, just joking. :)

Anyway, I don't know what you mean about hair sticking out. I wear my hair in a pony tail so the only hair showing is the end of it.

nm capo, i dont think i was thinking at the time, my mom is really tring to milk Mother's Day for all it's worth (vaccumed the house, mopped the kitchen, mowed the lawn, and cooked dinner ontop of the card and flowers i got her, i'm such a nice guy:D :cool: )

Mr. T!
05-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Du-Rags for sure, and wear two, so you have a multicolored head combo, more padding and such,

or,wear a pillow

DaisyDuke
05-12-2003, 08:13 AM
lol, a pillow, eh? :) I WAS thinking of one of those cheese hats.. you know, the huge styrofoam ones... how about that for a target... a huge cheese rising above the bunker, me peeking out from beneath it......

rikkter
05-12-2003, 08:29 AM
hahaha, it looks like the ref in Mr. T's sig. needed the pillow more then anyone at that moment

i use a sock hat. keeps the sweat out, looks neat, and really helps with the bounces.
usually when i wear a hat backwards, it messes up how i tilt my head, and it ends up riding further behind my head and gets annoying

WARPED1
05-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DaisyDuke
lol, a pillow, eh? :) I WAS thinking of one of those cheese hats.. you know, the huge styrofoam ones... how about that for a target... a huge cheese rising above the bunker, me peeking out from beneath it...... You're not from Wisconsi!:p Or are ya just a Green Bay fan? That would be damn funny.
"COVER THE CHEESE! THE CHEESE!"
"What bunker is that?"
*SPLAT!SPLAT!SPLAT!* as DD rains paint down on them.

DaisyDuke
05-14-2003, 11:38 AM
lol, neither a wisconsin girl nor a fan... I just like cheese. :)
And the idea of the looming cheesehead very funny.....
*snorts in laughter, then realizes her mistake and composes herself*

Jðhñ
05-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by paintbattler
Haha, when I saw the title to this thread I didn't think it would be about masks...(Maybe I have a dirty mind.)

Same thing i thought when i was glancing through thread subjects...

I generaly go with a backwords hat, has worked great for me. But sometimes i wear this (see below) at rec games, it's just fun. but then everyone ends up calling me the joker for the rest of the day...

Quickling
05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Hehehe.... I remember when lots of guys used the wear those around here.I remember they were fine for speedball and games where you didnt wanna hide. But I remember watching people try and sneak around with those bells tinkeling away :)

Marchborne
05-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by DaisyDuke
lol, neither a wisconsin girl nor a fan... I just like cheese. :)
And the idea of the looming cheesehead very funny.....
*snorts in laughter, then realizes her mistake and composes herself*

BEHOLD, THE POWER OF CHEESE! heh.

Seriously, try the Blackstar ImpactCap. The main website is www.blackstarpaintball.com.

Hexis
05-14-2003, 03:01 PM
How aobut a backwards flexfit cap, like

These ones (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=7&ObjectGroup_ID=95)

DaisyDuke
05-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Yes! The impact skull cap is what I need!! Thanks!

ShooterJM
05-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Marchborne
Seriously, try the Blackstar ImpactCap. The main website is www.blackstarpaintball.com.

Those things look sweet. Have you used em? Ever had a field complain about "excess padding"?

Marchborne
05-14-2003, 07:52 PM
DD -- Happy to be of service, let me know how you like it if you get one.

Shooter -- I ordered one last week, but UPS didn't get it here in time for actual use over the weekend (still in transit). I was checking out the BlackStar site for some new gloves, and saw the caps. Impulse buy. I'll let you know how it pans out.

~WarpedRT#2~
05-14-2003, 11:16 PM
I use a JT sock hat. It bounces alot of hits. I wont be paying attention, and WHAP! I jump back, and run my hand over my head and look at my hand for broken paint. I rarely find any. Is sort of hot in the summer, but I've used a DYE sockhat in Florida in the summer before, and I had no problems.

Splathappy
05-15-2003, 03:20 PM
I usaly whear a big poofy army Cheifs hat i found somewhere it absorbs alot of impact and looks kinda funny (if i find a pick i will post later) by the end of the day i usaly runn around yelling here chicky chicky bawk bawk bwak ( ie Swedish cheif form the muppet show) ...

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Chef, not cheif there chief! LOL.

Heres an appropriate pic for the title of this thread "head".:D
http://www.nwmanikin.com/images/head1.jpg

MinimagRockin'
05-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by darklord
Bunker king headwrap. Hides hits, absorbs sweat, looks cool. http://www.bunkerking.tv/headbands.html

http://www.bunkerking.tv/media/HEAD%20GEAR/hb_top.gif

but as for actual padding you might want to invest in a baseball cap to wear backwards... or even a sock hat (even though they look ghey)

A sock hat looks gay but those things ^^^ don't?

DaisyDuke
05-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I really don't have a problem with any head gear.. hats, du-rags, sock hats, other things, jester hats... it all looks fine to me. :) I'll wear anything.

Quickling
05-16-2003, 02:19 PM
I'll wear anything.

then you'll were a cheese hat no problem right :D

I'll even buy ya one, i just wanna be in the game to see this cheese raise up from a bunker! LOL:D