PDA

View Full Version : Quantum revy any good? Or 12v fixable?

NykC
05-10-2003, 07:47 PM
Basically I killed my 12v Revy in an act of stupidity (when cleaning it I assumed the space around the motor blades was sealed, and well the electronics didn't like the water) and I want to replace it as cheaply as possible mainly because I got a tourney coming up, so I noticed the new VL Quantums are they worth it? Or should I just buy another 12v and hope I don't run out of paint money at the tourney? Also, since they're selling X-Boards seperately now do you think it's possible that the chip was all that was hurt, and that would be the easiest fix? Everything got wet and I don't have the money for expirimentation right now.:confused:

BuNkErEd89
05-10-2003, 09:43 PM
dont get a quantum. those are less powerful than 9vs and have ONE little twirly balde weird thing. i would just get another 12v or an egg2...

bunkermaster10
05-11-2003, 06:17 AM
Don't get the Quantum hopper. Its junk. Just buy a new motor for ur 12 volt, their are websites with replacements for stuff like that.

OKJEFF4
05-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Those Quantums are so stupid. My friend outshoots his with his Stingray. The blade is actually a bent plastic rod, and it shoots about 9 bps. Just get a 9v and upgrade it to 18v. I don't remember the site, but I did it, and it works.

amoq
05-14-2003, 06:26 PM
if you can't find one of those, I'm interested in buying the dead Revy off you.

trutle
05-14-2003, 06:44 PM
get the empire reload kit from paintballgear.com, it's great it makes your revvy sound sensitive so it agiates after every shot, it gives about 14bps.