PDA

View Full Version : LVL10 problem with bolt getting stuck and it wouldn't reset....

CFD323
05-10-2003, 08:39 PM
I installed my LVL10 last week. I've since fired about 2000 balls through my Emag and it seemed like it was set up just right. Today I went to the field for the first time with the LVL10 installed. It worked fine first game but on the 2nd game I was rolling down the tape line and as soon as I get to the flag station my gun won't fire. It just clicks but nothing comes out. I'm shaking the gun and everything else but no luck. Of course by now I'm seen and promptly shot out. While walking out I shook the gun some more and it started to fire fine. I don't know if a ball got stuck or what. If it got stuck though why didn't the bolt vent and recock ? I did notice the detent was a little loose so I retightened it handtight. I also added another shim and it didn't stick again. Was this the correct solution to the problem ? I don't want it to happen again. After that though, everytime I'd set my gun down between games and then pick it up again the first shot would just click and the gun wouldn't fire. If I pulled the trigger again, it would work fine. Just the first shot after it had sat for a while. Could this be caused by not enough oil in the gun ? I last oiled it a couple of days ago. I probably put 300-400 shots through it yesterday and then another 1000 today. I was going to oil it today before I started playing but forgot. I know the LVL10 is an oil hog but would it cause these problems if not oiled enough ?

BlackVCG
05-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Adding the shim was the correct thing to do.

The problem with the bolt stick on the first shot after letting it sit is the reason why you have all of those carriers. Each o-rings size is slightly different. You need to get the proper fit with the o-ring and carrier and the way to get the proper fit is to use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Be sure to use the SAME o-ring you have been using.

CFD323
05-10-2003, 10:23 PM
So in other words when I tried the different carriers I should have used the same o-ring in each carrier right ? I was using different o-rings in each carrier. Basically I put an o-ring in each carrier then tried each one. That would defeat the point though since variations in o-ring size is why I have to find the right o-ring-to-carrier fit. DUH

Sometimes things just don't sink in right away...

BlackVCG
05-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Hey, I've been there. Once I got into paintball I use to think Automags were fully automatic. It just takes time and as long as you think things through it will make sense and you'll never forget. As I try to tell everyone, just think about it. :)