PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Problem: Wrong Tank!!!

Smegma
05-10-2003, 09:24 PM
I recently bought a used AGD Flatline (68/3K) off of these forums and went to get it rehydroed. So, I took it to a scuba shop, to get my tank tested, and it was sent off to an independent company, along with another paintball tank (not mine); i thought all was well. I went to pick it up today and i found that my 68/3k Flatline has been magically transformed into a 118/3k Flatline. The people at the hydro place messed up and put the wrong tank back on the reg :rolleyes:

I dont think i'll be getting my 68ci back, and the extra size and weight doesnt bother me, so i will be sticking with this new tank. My question is: will this affect the resale value, if i plan to sell it in the future, and if so, up or down?

Just wondering, how would you guys feel if you had a 118/3K Flatline?

Benfica4ever
05-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Sell it and get an 88ci 3k, or a 68 45k, the 114 are monsters

deathstalker
05-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Good luck selling it in the future. It's generally more difficult to sell a 110, 114, or 118(?) than a 68. It's worth a call to the shop to see if there is any way you can get your original back... unless it didn't pass.:D

I myself use a 45/45 and it's the perfect size for me. If fully 'armed,' I'll bring a hopper and 5X140 round pods, or close to 900 paintballs with me on the field. As long as my tank is over 4K, I should be able to shoot all of it, no matter which marker I'm using.

I'm looking into a 68, only because of the times when I cannot get a full/nearly full fill.

Smegma
05-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by deathstalker
unless it didn't pass.:D

I think that might be what happened, and they just gave me a tank. I dont know, but I think im going to keep it.

Now that i think of it, it might be better because I normally go to big games and really dont have time to fill.

Lopy-slopy
05-10-2003, 10:35 PM
If you like it that's great. I think if you made noise you would get your old tank back. Why would they give you a new tank if yours failed. They would have just sent it babk to you and told you it was now a paperweight.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-10-2003, 10:47 PM
I like my new 70ci "peanut" tank from Crossfire..hehehehehe..

MarkM
05-11-2003, 04:16 AM
Is it only me, or can anyone else see what is wrong with this thread...??
The tank you have is NOT yours, wether or not YOU made the mistake, you have recieved STOLEN property...If you had ordered a .68 and recieved a 114 then that is ALL the problem of the store that sold it to you but the real owner of the .114 now probably has your .68 and chances are they chose to have a tank that size. Go back to the store you got the testing done at and complain, before the TRUE owner complains and you find yourself in all kinds of trouble....ignorrance is no defence in law...especially in your law system ;)

Kevmaster
05-11-2003, 08:30 AM
I second that Mark...

go call the store and get your 68 back. not only will it have a better resale value, but it is YOURS and this one is NOT

cheetah256
05-11-2003, 11:57 AM
LOL. all i can think is that somewhere out there, theres a kid who sent in a 118, got a 68 back, and is wondering how a hydro test shrank his tank..

FalconGuy016
05-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by cheetah256
LOL. all i can think is that somewhere out there, theres a kid who sent in a 118, got a 68 back, and is wondering how a hydro test shrank his tank..

Haha :)

Smegma
05-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Well, I did as you guys suggested and called the shop and gave them my name/number. The guy told me that all he could do was wait and see if the person that has my tank calls and asks for his back (he doesnt have anyway to contact him). I dont know what else to do and i dont think i will be getting my 68 back. I dont even have proof that i sent in a 68 tank in the first place.

Any other suggestions?
Ill get pics up as soon as i can, it looks a bit awkward.

PS I am not exactly sure what size it is, could someone tell me what numbers on the tank indicate the size?

Kevmaster
05-11-2003, 06:02 PM
the numbers dont usually give tank size, but we'll gladly tell you what they mean....