PDA

View Full Version : Here's My Gun...

DaisyDuke
05-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok, this isn't a mag, or an autococker, or an angel.... here's my baby, Fetch, the Rainmaker.
As always, he's a work in progress.
-Daisy

DaisyDuke
05-10-2003, 10:04 PM
And another angle....

Johnny_Reb
05-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Nice lookin gun, did you buy it like that or did you add the mods on.

By the way is that a Boosmtick, if it is have they always made them for rainmakers or did DYE just start?

~WarpedRT#2~
05-11-2003, 12:20 AM
Nice. I heard they are really loud. I remember when I saw one in a store about 4 years ago, the little tag said 13 bps, I was like "Wow!!!" and now, eh. But it looks nice. I've seen soem really customized ones around the net, and they are pretty cool looking.

cris8762
05-11-2003, 12:26 AM
daisy u need to talk to Kevmaster , he's amod over on the RMOG and has like 4 RM's at the moment (is it 4 or are there more u havent told me about kev?:D :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: )

eg0_Slayer
05-11-2003, 12:35 AM
dont rainmakers have cocker barrel threading?

Clare
05-11-2003, 02:56 AM
I'm lovin' that hello kitty!

Nice gun ya got there :)

Miscue
05-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Cool Rainmaker... looks good!

Grasshopper
05-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Hmmm, something about that trigger. I don't like the look of that trigger. But, the rest of the gun looks awsome. Rainmakers are so cool :)

DaisyDuke
05-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Wow, lots of questions! Yes, Rainmakers are very very loud. Thta's why I love mine. I can hold people behind bunkers with the sound- once I was pelting this guy, but I ran out of paint. However, i had gotten him so conditioned to the sound=rain of paint that I just kept pulling the trigger, and he kept ducking. Hehehe.
I did add the blue touches, (lines and grip). Well, I had some help with the lines (thanks Boss and Quickling!).
Yep, they can take Cocker barrels- that's where the Boomstick came from, I stole it off a demon cocker (dark). >:)
I LOVE the trigger, myself... It is very very very sensitive. Very. I had to get used to that when I forst started. :)

Quickling
05-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Very nice marker Daisy :)

Rainmakers are very nice markers, very inexpensive, yet very fast firing. They are a lot like cockers so that is a plus.

RMs have NO problem firing very fast, and there is so much you can do to make them fire even faster. Like Boss' RM, its trigger pull is less then 1mm. Very cool.

The main problem with stock RMs is the 1999 boards are capped at 9bps, the 98s were not.

Keep up the good work Daisy, its nice to see more diversity on the field :)

Quiet
05-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Looks Sweet.

Don't see to many of them around where I play, must be all the blizzards;)

WARPED1
05-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Nice RM Daisy, I was thinking of getting one to toy with, I miss the one I had aeons ago.

DaisyDuke
05-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks for all the compliments!! I eventually want to get the body anodized, dark blue to grasshopper green (shiny). I want an under-the-sea kind of coloring to it. I live next to a lake and I love the colors of the water and seaweed (lakeweed?).

beefstew
05-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Nice gun. I was always interested by rain makers, as they were the first electronic gun i had ever seen. Does anyone know if they work the same or similarly to a cocker? mabye its just the pnus. envy talking.
BeefStew

Quickling
05-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Very similar, the MAC valve is an electric 4way and there is a ram. In a very basic sense the RM is a reverse autococker, in that the valve is in the back and the hammer in the front. But it is not totaly a cocker.

check out the RMOG for more info (http://rainmaker.flipty.com/)

there is many a good diagram on their site.

scud2519
05-11-2003, 06:36 PM
I have one, I'll post a pics later but anyway, I have a few Q's

how/where did you mount the battery?
how did you mout the mac valve? plastic ties?

Crimson_Turkey
05-11-2003, 11:59 PM
Kiolia from the tippmann forums has an incredible rainmaker. It literally has a mouse click for a trigger pull. (he made it from a mouse) the thing is incredible.

DaisyDuke
05-12-2003, 07:42 AM
On my gun, the battery cables run down from the mac area, through the grip, and down, so that the battery is attached at the bottom of the grip (where my hand is in the first pic, I was hiding the wire). The battery gets zip tied to the bottom reg.
Yes, for right now, plastic ties hold the mac. I might get the mac mount eventually, but it's another 25.00 and well, no summer job yet.... (still in finals).
I want to get the mad marty mods soon.

DaisyDuke
05-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Whoops! hehe, my new-ness is showing. The battery finally is attached to the bottom-line asa.
Sorry! (tries frantically to memorize technical details) :)

rikkter
05-12-2003, 08:36 AM
theres a guy i play with down here, and he has a rainmaker. i dont know his name, i just call him rainmaker on the field. and off so. but i love the way it sounds, his is quiet for some reason(with paint). it has a very unique sound to it.

Grasshopper
05-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by DaisyDuke
...to grasshopper green...
I like that idea :cool:

folder504
05-19-2003, 09:08 PM
I've got a pair of Rainmakers, and love them. Fast, inexpensive, and insanely loud. What's with the backwards LPR? You should hang out at the Brass Eagle Owners Group forum (www.beog.org) The site is currently down, but I imagine it will be back up shortly. Rainmakers are the best deal in paintball. I got one from pbgear when they were $170 and one used for $40.

bornl33t
06-03-2003, 05:17 AM
LOL I love the frekled hands, brings back memories :D anyone ever ask you if you had a disease cause of them? tehehehe

epson
06-08-2003, 01:32 AM
as long as we're talking about Rainmakers...

Here's mine, with some pretty extensive customization work done to it:

http://www.flipty.com/paintball/wafflemaker/almostdone/P6050020.JPG

There's not a single piece of it left that's un-altered stock. Even the feed neck has been milled off and threaded for Angel necks. I tuck the battery into the tank cover, and the battery is plugged (and unplugged) with an RJ-11 jack that I built into the frame like so:

http://www.flipty.com/paintball/rainmaker/rj11/3.JPG

The trigger is a microswitch about 1/2mm pull total, it's got a Thunderboard LCD board (the best aftermarket board for any gun, ever!) and uses a Max-Flow medium pressure setup for air regulation. The valve stem has been lathed down for superior flow, it's got a delrin bolt custom machined to my receiver, the hammer and carrier have been machined to fit together flawlessly ("Mad Marty Mods") and the solenoid is being fed by an STO LPR with twister kit (knob).. Hmm what else. Oh, the GDD back block is on the end (the reason there's no "butt end" regulator) and it's been custom milled, along with a "DYE cocker-esque scoop" milling thing coming out of the bolt cover (not shown), which makes up the top back-half.

The only thing left for me to do is a little more cosmetic milling, and then a nice cherry red anno over the whole thing!

If you're interested in Rainmakers (the true Hotrods of paintball guns) visit the RMOG at http://rainmaker.flipty.com