PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Marker "social" experiment, for S&Gs

Carbon
05-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Paintball Marker "social experiment" or research anyway, for S&Gs. When money is not an issue of course.

Heres a weird "taste test" for "practical purposes" if not for some statistical data of some sort.

1.OK take 30 noobs, all around the same age +/- 4 years that have NEVER played paintball before, put them in a 15 vs 15 group. 15 games total. Any kind of field. 2 cases of paint per player, same brand for all.

2. give them all (for the sake of argument) for 5 games per gun a: 2003 Cocker, A 68 Mag, M98C. All with agitated hoppers, running HPA. The same 12in barrel, with same I.D. of course.

3) Survey. Results? I know this is ridiculously hypothetical, and the demographics would be somewhat fractured but, consider the "wealth of information"

Results based on what u say? from 1 to 10, 10 being excelent 1 being poor.
well ill throw some out just to start.

1) Ease of operation
2) Ease of mantenace
3) Reliability
4) Accuracy
5) Feel

Anyway, just a thought post your comments.

Lopy-slopy
05-11-2003, 01:05 AM
I have no idea what you talking about but it sounds very "Scientific".

joeyjoe367
05-11-2003, 02:16 AM
Hmm.. that's an interesting idea.

If you mean "noobs" as in "never heard of paintball before" or "noobs" as in "my 'cocker shoots further" then I think you'll get differant results.

This would really shoot down some of the ideas of perception because of the fact that those three guns should perform almost identically to eachother in many aspects.

Well, "shoot down" may be a little harsh seeing as we've "shot down" the "my 'cocker shoots further" statement years ago and yet many 'still claim it does. :rolleyes:

I seriously get tired of hearing that.