PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't anyone tried to design an X-Slug?

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 12:10 AM
I was just wondering why no one has ever tried to design an X-Slug body. If you're wondering what I mean by X-Slug; I mean to design a slug body which has similar styling cues to the X-Mag body but done on the cheaper Slug body tube. I know that it won't look a lot like the slug and that Manike is the owner of the X-Mag design. My thought was having a lower priced marker that had a similar look to the more expensive one would soothe those people that can't afford an X but really appreciate the look and it would also make the X that much more special in my eyes because they would be getting all the sexy curves alluded to in the slug body but could not be reproduced because of the source material in cost. Just an idea. run with it kids. Sorry..this isn't the forrest fire like I started with the femmes thread..but oh well..you win some you lose some..

gibby
05-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Sorry..this isn't the forrest fire like I started with the femmes thread..but oh well..you win some you lose some..
LOL! You never know! If you like, we can certainly turn it into one! :-p

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 01:27 AM
it's not my fault some people can't see any further than their own nose (or magazine..whatever the case may be)..

Miscue
05-11-2003, 02:03 AM
Hey, there's an idea... I wonder what the logistics are for this...

shartley
05-11-2003, 06:37 AM
I know why! ;)

Because all the really cool slug designs were shot down by AGD or other Milling Folks. To get the nice curves would require more work than most people realize. I designed one that I would LOVE, and don’t care if anyone “steals” the idea and goes with it.

What we see being produced now are not by far what has been envisioned, and even suggested. ;)

Gambit1106
05-11-2003, 07:48 AM
now if we could only get slugs with removable breaches :eek:

beefstew
05-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Yupp, i was wondering about this also, im sure some people would be willing to buy an X slug for a bazillion dollars, but most people dont have the $ to
1. Buy sluggos in bulk
2. Spend many machine hours carving the bodys
This would be too much capital for most private machinists to raise, and the only people i could think of having this much $ are companys and corperations that are not as interested in mags as producing faster selling custom cocker bodies. I could be wrong but the time and cash you would have to spend producing an Xmag style body would make the retail price up in the 300-500 range (a guess) which while about the amount for a nice custom cocker body, is more than most people are willing to spend on a mag body. If someone was to say, put this on an emag, a new emag, it would be about 800 for the emag and 300 plus for the body. That is almost enough to get yourself a real Xmag.
This is before you think about the problems AGD would have with a company mass producing bodies that are "similar" to the Xmag.
BeefStew

Major Ho
05-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Shhh...Your gonna let out my secret. Im working on it. Hopefully I will "Wow" AO if anything comes of it...

Miscue
05-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I know why! ;)

Because all the really cool slug designs were shot down by AGD or other Milling Folks. To get the nice curves would require more work than most people realize. I designed one that I would LOVE, and don’t care if anyone “steals” the idea and goes with it.

What we see being produced now are not by far what has been envisioned, and even suggested. ;)

It would be too expensive for AGD to do as their baseline body... they can't slap a $300 body on an RTP and sell the gun for $550 anymore. There is no limit to what 3rd parties could do... for a price. Maybe somebody other than AGD could mill your design? That would be nice.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 02:00 PM
See..I think a lot of you are missing the point here and it gets really frustrating sometimes. What I expected out of a X-Slug would be some of the styling cues, not the design ported right to a slug body. Something where in you would put the two guns right next to each other and you could see that the bodies are of the same family. The whole point of it would be to do an X body as cheap as possible.

Miscue
05-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Sounds good... a poor/impatient man's X-Body. ;)

Archangel Kid
05-11-2003, 04:23 PM
i think a sluggo body wit removeable breeches would be pure hotness :)

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 04:32 PM
There you go 'cue...exactly what I was trying to say..

AGD
05-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey! I didn't shoot down anything about the SLUGS!

AGD

beefstew
05-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Now i see more of what you were saying bunny, and the more i think the more it makes sense. It would have the same "style" bodies but with less curve, and less 3d milling, or something of the sort to reduce the price of the bodies. If i had a mag, i would buy one.
Thanks for clarifying
BeefStew

-=Squid=-
05-11-2003, 04:59 PM
I made a thread about this a long time ago, and it was shot down. lol.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Well, Squid..if you've been here for long enough you'll know that I have a way of getting results..even if it does get me on some people's hate lists...i was saying that it was my idea alone..I'm sure a lot of people have probably had the idea...I was just trying to explain the idea in a little bit better fashion..

-=Squid=-
05-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Well, Squid..if you've been here for long enough you'll know that I have a way of getting results..even if it does get me on some people's hate lists...i was saying that it was my idea alone..I'm sure a lot of people have probably had the idea...I was just trying to explain the idea in a little bit better fashion..

OO I wasnt bashing the thread or anything, sorry if you got the wrong impression. I was just saying that I had a similar idea, but like many good ideas here on AO, it got shot down.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 08:08 PM
No..no...that's not what i was thinking at all..just trying to give credit where credit is due..that's all..

-=Squid=-
05-11-2003, 09:57 PM
No..no...that's not what i was thinking at all..just trying to give credit where credit is due..that's all..
lol... I think we have both just confused ourselves. :D

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Ok..we'll both agree to the fact that we think a poor man's X, or Slug-X or whatever it can be called..is a good idea...

-=Squid=-
05-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Ok..we'll both agree to the fact that we think a poor man's X, or Slug-X or whatever it can be called..is a good idea...
deal :)