PDA

View Full Version : Y-grip/Z-grip...an ignorant POV

impostal22
05-11-2003, 10:09 AM
alright, i've only seen pics of these things, and therefore am pretty ignorant to their purpose. anyone wanna tell me why someone would want to use one of these things? just basing my opinion on how it looks, it doesn't look like it's very comfortable. what is their purpose and how are they at all comfortable? anyone?

Brett23
05-11-2003, 10:48 AM
If you have an old stock grip frame from a mag turn it around and hold it that way. Its similar to the x-y frames. I personally love the way it feels. Takes the wrist strain off. Does look funky though. Hey cant be all bad though they make them for Bushmasters now too.:D

FooTemps
05-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Well, people who don't know how to tuck wouldn't understand how a y-grip is comfortable...

WARPED1
05-11-2003, 02:47 PM
When I had a Z when it first came out years ago, it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. The Y grip looks cool. Personaly I want a "space frame", like on IR3's, but that's just me.

Cha0tic
05-11-2003, 02:54 PM
its a love/hate thing. some people absolutely love the way it feels, and how it takes the strain off of your wrist when you hold the gun close. others hate the feel of it. the best way to figure it out is to find somebody that has one and try it out.

p8ntballsnowman
05-11-2003, 07:18 PM
I have a Z grip and i love it. One, its kinda like a built in drop forward, without the drop, which makes a nice tight setup. Going from a benchy to this, its so much shorter, and very light for a mechanical gun.

Lopy-slopy
05-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Basicaly it makes it ezer to hold the gun in a nice tight sholderd position. Try it with you hands. pretend you are holding you gun with your tank/ stock tucked tight into your sholder. Notice how your elbow is sticking out. now turn you hand forward like you are holding a Z/Y grip. Notice how your elbow magical is tucked in close top your baody and in a comfy position. That is the magic of a Z/Y grip.