PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Paintball-Anno Gods!

adam shannon
05-11-2003, 01:18 PM
well here are the assembled pics, with dyed evo2 and stickys. its hard to catch the gold tones in overcast light...but in person this marker is golden.

www.xpb.us

manike
05-11-2003, 01:30 PM
er it looks rusted :D Not quite my thing, but if it's yours that's the most important thing.

I'm sure it's lovely in person and the photo's don't do it justice :)

dcmander
05-11-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm trying to decide whether I should get my stuff annodized at XPB or Crazyivan at www.pbreview.com .. He has his own thread in the Misc. Equip Treading forums.

Their prices are very simliar. Ivan has group discounts so I guess if i can get some people together I could go with him, but I'm thinkintg I'm gonna wanna match my stuff to the Pewter Xvalve that will be coming out soon. In that case I probably wouldn't be able to find anyone that wants that light pewter color.

Anyone know about both and wanna give some recommendations?

I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Remington
05-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Wow, sorry, but get that Evo II re-done, it looks like someone went to the bathroom in it. :( The marker itself looks very nice though. Is that a dust or polish finish(I can't tell because of the light)?

Load SM5
05-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Looks great guys I'd love to see that in person.

dcmander- I'm having a bunch of stuff re-annoed that light pewter color at XPB pretty. Let me know and we might be able to get the whole batch done at the same time and save a buck.

Duke of Lawnchair
05-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Wicked...

Mango
05-11-2003, 03:19 PM
quite...unique :cool:

50 cal
05-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Looks good!
Can you get an indoor shot with the camera set at Macro? That should get the detail nicely.

adam shannon
05-11-2003, 06:57 PM
i dont have a macro lense. i dont usually do any macro work. i tried indoor pics, but with only hallogen lighting everything is too off color.

IcantBelieveit
05-11-2003, 07:05 PM
i think that is a sponged finish correct? Anyhow, I am not sure what kinda of plastic the Egg is made out of (ie, soft like warp or hard) If its hard it not gonna take any kind of dye easily. Heat a pot of water just before it boils, but some liquid rit dye in there. and put your eggo shells in there assembled ( so they don't warp) and let them sit in the hot water with the dye for about 5 minutes take them out, let them sit for 5 minutes the put them back in until desired effect is achieved. Hard platic will take awhile to get light color. soo it is gonna take some time

goat
05-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Very unique..I really apreciate someone willing to take a chance at something other than the normal, I bet it turns alot of heads at the field. I do agree about the EVO, I think a black revy or ricochette would complimente the rest of the colors.
Nice marker..thanks for shareing, :D

VanGogo
05-12-2003, 01:44 AM
Original pic thread for this marker (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81013)

The above link is the pics I took after anodizing. I think they show the finish a little better. BUT, they still do not do the gun justice. In person it does not look like rust. It is a bead blasted copper and gold acid wash.

Adam it looks great all back together!!!!!!! Nice finishing touches with the grips and evoII.

fire1811
05-12-2003, 07:19 AM
they do great anno work at XPB i have had a few things done and if i can figure this whole ring in the body crap out my xmag will be in for a new makeover :D

Quickling
05-12-2003, 09:39 AM
WOW! I LOVE that eggo.. its SO cool dyed. I wish I had known that was possible cuae I would have liked a blue one. How much did it cost ya, and whered ya get it done?

adam shannon
05-12-2003, 09:59 AM
you can dye a clear halo or evo with rit dye and a big pot on the stove.

chw32587
05-12-2003, 03:38 PM
XPB does do great ano!... Its my local shop too and iv'e had several things done there all of them have turned out great!

RRfireblade
05-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Dude,
Your gun has top billing on XPB's anno gallery.

Looks better over there.The detail stands out more.

Anyway,good to see SOMEONE with a truly original custom.I'm tired of seeing all these "tricked" guns with like 3 bolt on parts.

Good job.

Jay.

mrkbik
05-13-2003, 12:25 AM
I thought aluminum was the only thing that was able to be annodized. I thought stainless steel had to be powdercoated. Is that correct or am I just crazy?

Ultimator
05-13-2003, 06:09 AM
Yes, you are correct, ony aluminum can be anodized. With the exception of his hopper, his tank, and a few internal pieces of the valve, everything on that gun is aluminum.

I really like the way the gun turned out, although I have to say the pictures only give you a vague idea of what the gun looks like in real life, it's really more bronzish-gold.

fire1811
05-13-2003, 10:52 AM
well vangogo unless you can whip some new way to anno with the steel ring in the body of an xmag im sry to say but i wont be getting it done :(

i cant even get the set screw out, broke two allens trying.
so i called agd to see if they had any "tips" for removal.

he explained a few bad situations to me and talked me out of taking it out. i was told someone already ruined there body doing this. and there no too availible for replacement right now :D

sry bro

rpm07
05-13-2003, 02:54 PM
very nice

AcemanPB
05-13-2003, 03:47 PM
I think it would look better with a black barrel, black grips, and a black trigger. All of them would compliment the valves black color

SlipknotX556
05-13-2003, 07:16 PM
I think im gonna have to agree with Manike, once again (Like I do on everything) but it does look rusted, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Thordic
05-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Hahaha, looks like Tubgirl had a field day all over your gun.

Miscue
05-13-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey, some people are into that. :D

WARPED1
05-14-2003, 12:42 PM
What that run ya cash wise? You can pm it to me if it's to "dealers forum"ish.

dcmander
05-20-2003, 06:20 PM
XPB truly is the bomb. I have desperatly been trying to find someone that will anno my micromag. Since it has a SSteel insert in the body that can't be removed, most places say sorry and there is nothing I can do.

I emailed XPB, and the guy wrote me a real long email that answered all my questions AND HES DOING MY MICROMAG!

So to all you guys getting your micro done... Go to him! He's gonna plug it up with the grease stuff so that the steel doesn't get affected by the annodizing and he's not even charging me extra! Ivan at pbreview.com is great and does great work..but he said it is not worth his time or effort and he said there would be a 200$ on top of annodizing..Understandable for a guy that just does it in his spare time.

But massive props to XPB, I'm gonna get my micro done there very soon.

!!

ZyperioN
05-20-2003, 08:29 PM
if u wanna dye your loaders search the tech forum, i have a whole thread on it where u can see my EvoII which was done Royal Blue and is amazing. oh and u can darken you EvoII to match the gun just by putting it back in the dye for longer. Oh and EvoII shells wont warp or melt, it take much more than boiling water to do that, my recommendation is do each piece individually that way the whole part gets dye'd evenly.

Ov3rmind
05-20-2003, 08:33 PM
I love that thing so much, I wish I could see it in real life.