PDA

View Full Version : Automag Leaks?

Kilgore
05-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Hey guys, I just got an AutoMag! Anyways, I played with my friend and his velocity was all the way up, so I tried to put my velocity all the way up and it leaked towards the back by the chrome circle thing that says Airgun Designs. I don't know why, but does anyone have any ideas on why it might have leaked? If you do, thanks.

~Kilgore~

rehme
05-11-2003, 02:23 PM
welcome to AO

that is the blow off valve turn you gun down and it will stop. you should never turn you velocity up all the way. imagin what your friend was thinking when you shot him

Kilgore
05-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Anyone else?

bjjb99
05-12-2003, 01:47 PM
The velocity adjuster on the automag is a pressure regulator. As with pretty much any paintball-related pressure regulator, it has a built in safety feature to prevent you from accidentally (or deliberately) turning the pressure up to unsafe levels. In the automag, when you dial your velocity up too much, you open a pressure relief valve which allows the excess pressure to safely leak out the back of the marker. That's the leaking sound you are probably hearing.

The solution is twofold:

1. Turn your velocity back down until the leaking sound stops.
2. Use a chronograph to make sure folks are using velocities of 300 feet per second or lower.

BJJB

Mav D MagMan
05-12-2003, 09:07 PM
I didn't have my marker anywhere near turned up all the way and I was shooting 350 fps once (switching springs in LVL 10).

Playing at such speeds is not only hazardous when a paintball comes in contact with your skin (and soft areas) but at that speed it's going through lenses (especially at close range).

Please refrain from endangering the lives of yourself and others by being irresposible.

If your friends do it, don't play. It's *Dangerous*.

Mav

NIghtStalker001
05-16-2003, 06:14 PM
that happens to me to .ive replaced all orings and it still leaks the only problem when i turn it down just enough to stop the leak its only shooting at 230 fps.what do i do.

could it possably be the after market reg with 8 holes in it that came with it?

Mav D MagMan
05-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Your Reg. Piston/Spring pack is shot/worn/old school, replace it and your problem should go away.

As for the aftermarket valve: It's not as good as stock that's about it ;)

Mav