PDA

View Full Version : Why is it taking so long for AGD to make xmags

Ironlance7
05-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Why is it taking so long for AGD to get xmags out to its customers. These markers have the potiential to put AGD back at the top of the tournement totem pole, but first they need to be readily available. If production can get up to speed then the mag will once again rule the field, so when will there no longer be waiting lists. When will I be able to go to xpaintball.com, pbgear.com, ect., and order one.

WARPED1
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ironlance7
When will I be able to go to xpaintball.com, pbgear.com, ect., and order one. February 30th.:D If you really want one, wait the 6 months. If not, do as Tom said, buy a differen't gun. Personaly I went Emag.

Skoad
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
well they could have waited till they stockpiled 1,000 of them, then started selling them.

Or they could sell in batches. I think it was a good idea to do what they did, get some of them out there before the Angel Speed hit the market, and all that new impulse stuff.

Fastkid
05-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Skoad... no matter how you do it, they are selling them FASTER than they can biuld them, so the list will keep getting longer

If you want one, order one, and wait a few months

the123
05-11-2003, 03:14 PM
The problem is they only have 1 elf working on them over in Europe. It would cost more than it's worth to have more than that working on them as there is little profit margin on these. The X-Mag may be the MOST expensive production marker there is!

WARPED1
05-11-2003, 03:22 PM
They need to invest in in house milling, or use a US miller. Expensive to go inhouse? They'd make thier money back in no time.

They(AGD) need to stop coming out with new stuff(Ygrip) and concentrate on the Xmag. Creating a high demand with no product, will leave a bad taste forever in the mouths of the entire pb community.
AGD has the best stuff out, but no one can get thier hands on thier stuff! Very frustrating.

It appears to me, only opinion, that they get projects done 90% then start something new. That last 10% takes 90% of your time too!

Will I stop buying AGD stuff? Sorta. I'll never get my hands on stuff new, so I'll settle for used.
This is not a complaint, so put your flames away.
I'm just telling how it is.

Kevmaster
05-11-2003, 03:36 PM
AGD doesnt want (as best we all can tell) there to be as many of these are there are angels/impys/etc

otherwise, they would be expanding production...but they arnt

at my last count...i dont think 100 have been sold in the US since their release 10 months ago

Will Wood
05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I don't think popularity is an issue. The issue is AGD is small buisness. It simply can't produce things the way a company like DYE does.

magman007
05-11-2003, 03:48 PM
you know, you all complain about when thy will be out, etc, but when one goes up for sale, you guys never jump on em. Whats up with that?

when i see an x-mag up for sale, and the amounts of complaints, i expect to see them gone within the hour... serriously, whats up with that?

edit: also, as kev master said, they are being made in europe, so agd needs to wait for the bodies to come over. AGDE also has all the rights to the x-mag, as they designed it. Tom needs to wait for them to produce them, and then send them to him, tom cant say, im taking the x-mag from you, and making it here in the us, killing agde's x-mag selling margin.

WARPED1
05-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by magman007
you know, you all complain about when thy will be out, etc, but when one goes up for sale, you guys never jump on em. Whats up with that?

when i see an x-mag up for sale, and the amounts of complaints, i expect to see them gone within the hour... serriously, whats up with that?

The price. Too much, it's a fair price just too much. Like when Angel LCD's first came out, now look, $850 brand new!
I'll wait a couple years.

Jack & Coke
05-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Are you guys kidding???

...if you were AGD and came out with the XMAG with a full court press, how do you think you are going to sell all your old Emag stock? What are you going to do with all those twist-lock bodies and non-ule frames and rails?

headcase
05-11-2003, 05:53 PM
TK has said that the X-mag will never be out in large numbers. It is a flagship product, that is meant to show people what AGD can do.

The truth is, a normal E-mag is equal to the X-mag's perforamnce, for significantly less money.

Most people won't use the interchangable breeches. They either use the Vert or the Warp, they don't change between them. I have a warp breech that I'll never use.

The ACE is nice, but with level 10 in a standard E-mag you have basically the same result.

Yes the X-mag is lighter, and prettier(IMO), but with the ULE E-mags coming, that difference gets smaller too.

The X-mag is a product that will make everyone take notice of AGD again, hopefully people will see threw the glitz of the X-mag, and choose the performance of the E-mag witch is available without the 6 month wait. (I don't expect this to happen, too many people view Paintball as a fashion show)

Kevmaster
05-11-2003, 05:58 PM
exactly....AGD doesnt want to have hundreds of thousands of them like there are impys...

fire1811
05-11-2003, 06:10 PM
no one is making you wait on an xmag or any agd product
dont want to wait? buy something else!

and i dont know how many times he has asked how many ppl want "XXXX" product, then he makes it and only sells a few.

now if he mass produced those he would be out alot of $$$

i have an xmag and it was worth the wait. actually the
wait and rarity of the gun is a great feature :D

rpm07
05-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Yea I see the point about making them and not selling them. But hello if there is a waiting list a year long make them. It is not that hard to grasp. As for not wanting to have too many guns out in the maket is just stupid. Yea I can see where a company does not want to sell to many, why would they want to make money. Xmags arnt the only thing they takes forever to be made. My freind placed a order for a Emag and it too 4 weeks for air gun to make. And for all you people to say if you dont like the wait go buy something else wake the frig up people want to buy from AGD but when you give a coment like that it turns people off. I have been shooting Mags for almost 10 years and will only shoot mags. But most of the time you play you are lucky to see a mag on the feild. I am not trying to put AGD down but something has to be stepped up a notch.

Kevmaster
05-11-2003, 07:53 PM
AGD US doesnt own the rights to the X-mag body...its kinda hard to make something that takes this much time to build!

FESTUS33
05-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by the123
The problem is they only have 1 elf working on them over in Europe.

The only way you will see mass produced CNC XMag's is if Tom Buy's production right's from Sosta, and bring's the machining in country!! Hey with our economy the way it is right now, I can Name you 20 machine shop's that would Kill for a contract to produce 1000 bodie's a week, and they'd Deliver!!
Just My Thought's as a Machinist.
Rick:eek:

Ityl
05-11-2003, 07:56 PM
There is a reason why AGD is a small business still, when it comes to the business side of the game they are dumb. Simple as that.

FESTUS33
05-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Ityl
There is a reason why AGD is a small business still, when it comes to the business side of the game they are dumb. Simple as that.

And AutoMag's Don't Win Tournament's!
AGD KID's SKYBALL '03'

rpm07
05-11-2003, 08:10 PM
What the hell does winning a tournament have to do with sales. for the few won with mags there are dozens won with other guns.

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Ityl

And without agd, this business wouldn't be what it is today.

GT
05-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
exactly....AGD doesnt want to have hundreds of thousands of them like there are impys...

The more that I read the more i think this is the case. This is Tom's little pet project, kinda like his baby.

jb

Jack & Coke
05-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by the123
...The problem is they only have 1 elf working on them over in Europe...

That elf is taking too many "afternoon tea breaks"...

JesseB
05-12-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Ironlance7
Why is it taking so long for AGD to get xmags out to its customers. These markers have the potiential to put AGD back at the top of the tournement totem pole, but first they need to be readily available. If production can get up to speed then the mag will once again rule the field, so when will there no longer be waiting lists. When will I be able to go to xpaintball.com, pbgear.com, ect., and order one.

It takes time...sorry those are the facts.... deal with it or hold your breath till you get your way and see one in an online store like the timmy's and angels that the rest of the tourney scene is shooting...

Mr Pink
05-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

That elf is taking too many "afternoon tea breaks"...

That's a bit unfair on AGDE - everytime I've gone over to see Sosta he's had the Mill working full speed, weekends, late evenings - you name it.

fire1811
05-12-2003, 07:27 AM
originally posted by adam shannon
the big picture is much diffrent...at least from my experiences. i run a small business, i leak product samles and info...when i do the net is abuzz with people clamoring to buy one. but when it actually comes to buying only 1/10th of one percent of people that come and look buy anything. buzz iz buzz...buying is another story. if i made my decisions based on what people say and dont do i would be on the unemployment line.

that said AO is a little diffrent, people here do buy...and want it right now. tom shoots himself in the foot a bit by leaking new stuff waaay before its ready...but who can blame him. i would be really proud and eager to show off new cool stuff also.

AO is a great place for mag hags to get new info...and we know before the everyday joe mag about new stuff...and we assuredly buy most of it at first till the general public knows about it.

AGD could hire more staff and do huge production runs. but think about one thing...all this demand on AO doesnt translate to the general PB world. just because the demand is so big at AO...once we all have the new stuff we want the demand will drop back to normal for everybody else. sure the x-mag could make agd a household name...but if you were tom would you bet your business on it?

agd could hire 4 times the staff and lease bigger facilities...but what happens when ao is sated and there is no continual need for huge production...lay off all those folks you hired? go back to smaller offices? or go chapter 11? if you have ever run a business you know how sick it makes you feel to lay off people you considered family...and what about the commitment you made to them to give them a job to feed their families...playing with people like that isnt nice.

give it 6 months to a year...agd will be up to speed on production with the staff and facilities they have now, tom will have sold all the units he could make to satisfy the backorders, and stock levels will be back up. nobody had to be hired and fired, tom didnt risk his business on a gamble, and anybody will be able to pick up the phone and order an x-mag out of on hand stock.

i think he sums it up quite well

Jack & Coke
05-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Mr Pink

That's a bit unfair on AGDE - everytime I've gone over to see Sosta he's had the Mill working full speed, weekends, late evenings - you name it.

dude... I was just poking fun at Brit culture... :)

myspdkls
05-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Now, I'm speaking from a hypothetical standpoint.

IF AGD were to get the production running at a reasonable speed, why don't I ever see any ads in magazines about AGD's products? I know that the Xmag is significantly faster than the Speed(actual bps, not the board), but I don't ever expect to see this advertised. It makes good business sense to advertise a product that performs because this industry is driven by a whole bunch of little kids with daddy's money who will happily spend more than $1500 on an angel that they heard was really fast. The fact is that the Xmag is the best gun on the market and should be advertised and produced according to that standard.

p.s. One more thing, as soon as I can take out another student loan, I will also be on the list for the Xmag!

Ityl
05-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L

And without agd, this business wouldn't be what it is today.

Yes, because AGD is Airgun Designs, the business itself.

I never said anything about making bad products, I think quite the opposite. But I laugh every time I log on and there are 5 new posts about people waiting for X-mags.

fire1811
05-12-2003, 11:28 AM
i think he ment buisness as in paintball

agd has made some very big break thoughs in paintball

semiautos
compressed air
just to name a few

Mr Pink
05-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

dude... I was just poking fun at Brit culture... :)

Oh, ok then bloody sceptics ;) :p I'm off to have tea with the Queen:cool:

manike
05-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Mr Pink
Oh, ok then bloody sceptics ;) :p I'm off to have tea with the Queen:cool:

I think you mean 'bloody septics' :rolleyes:

Oh and say hi to Pip and Chucky boy for me ;)

cphilip
05-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Why is it taking so long for AGD to make xmags

Tom wittles them out in his spare time with a pocket knife. So now you know the truth! :D :eek: ;)

manike
05-12-2003, 01:37 PM
I thought he used a spoon? but was looking to upgrade to a spork...

cphilip
05-12-2003, 02:01 PM
...a wooden spoon? But only while on the jon in the mornings... I noticed a half finished one in the lavatory with some metal filings on the floor when I was up there....

Talk about your close tolerances! :D

speedyfox666
06-26-2003, 03:23 PM
well i don't bother to wait for a couple of months for a marker that's made by a couple of people who make them with all their soul ! At least you have something that not everyone has and shoots like a miracle !