PDA

View Full Version : New Halo TSA

1stdeadeye
05-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Anyone have the skinny on the new Halo TSA's. Right now the Backman is available and it holds about 180 balls. Coming soon is the Frontman which holds 200 balls. Since the Backman fires more, shouldn't he have the larger hopper?

Design looks neat. Kind of like the Empire reloader sound technology with the Halo's force feed. Also, the Halo's feeder spins both ways depending upon the angle of the hopper. Sounds real cool.

So anyone seen one yet or heard about how they operate? Is it time to shelve the EVO II? What is their feed rate?

manike
05-11-2003, 04:28 PM
There is a typo out there which is causing confusion.

The TSA Backman is the larger capacity one and will be coming out first. It holds around 220 paintballs I think. The TSA Frontman will be around 180 paintballs and will be coming out in the future.

It's not a force feed.

It is a sound activated system like the Empire reloader. But with some very nice added touches. The paddle changes direction depending on how the gun is leant over to ensure it's always pushing paint easily towards the outlet.

There will be LED and LCD versions in the future.

ChucktheMAGician
05-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Any links to a site w/ pics and info would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about getting a Halo. Will these feed as fast since they aren't force fed?

manike
05-11-2003, 04:37 PM
It won't feed as fast as the Halo B as it isn't force feed.

It is more designed to compete against the 12V Revy and similar.

Here's a website http://www.haloloader.com/newsite/index.html but there still isn't that much information out yet.

1stdeadeye
05-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Halo Website (http://www.haloloader.com)

Thanks Manike for the info. The magazine ad didn't seem just right. I'll check their website and post more info.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 06:53 PM
It's the HALO TSA print ads which are causing the confusion. This months PB2X carries the ad I think...

Quickling
05-11-2003, 07:34 PM
looks a LOT different then the Warpig seek peek thats for sure :)

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Well..the only thing that worrries me is that the only thing slower than X-Mag production is Halo production so I'm afraid we won't see this thing in large numbers till at least WC..

adam shannon
05-11-2003, 10:47 PM
thank BE. they forced halo to sell out to national to pay the settlement.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-11-2003, 11:18 PM
well...that's the thing that doesn't make sense to me. With selling out to National we should have seen Halo's sooner than we are, because with their money they'd be able to give Odyssey the cash to build more Halo's than they would know what to do with.

~WarpedRT#2~
05-12-2003, 12:39 AM
i must say that i'm very interested in the LCD version of the Frontman. Anyone have a vague idea of the cost?

DiRTyBuNNy
05-12-2003, 12:44 AM
I was looking at a backman..but I'd like for them to shed a little bit more on why you'd want an LED or an LCD version...and I too am interested in cost..

manike
05-12-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by adam shannon
thank BE. they forced halo to sell out to national to pay the settlement.

Not true in the slightest. :rolleyes:

cphilip
05-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by manike
Not true in the slightest. :rolleyes:

I too have looked for some confirmation of that rumor and found none...

Mr.Emag
05-12-2003, 12:18 PM
dude these are gonna rock. At the NLPL tournament series they have a national truck there. and they have the backman there. there are going to compete with the x-borad revvy, not the evo or halo. he led is basically a light that tells you if it on or not. the lcd is kinda like the back of a rico. any other questions about them, ask away. i have met and talked to the creator of the tsa

GSKRAP
05-12-2003, 04:12 PM
well, i was in need of a revy but now that this thing is here (i think they have htem IN STOCK at county paintball) i am definitely buying one of these, it looks awesome and seems very functional too.

GSKRAP
05-12-2003, 07:16 PM
oooh! theres a clear one on ebay. too bad i want a smoke one and LCD, not LED.

FalconGuy016
05-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Well... about the national paitnball thing, I really dont know, but everything on their website seems to say "in assosiation with" or something like that with National Paintball Supply

Top Secret
05-12-2003, 08:39 PM
FYI Halo's are now a part of NPS. I don't think it had anything to do with the BE suit.

www.haloloader.com

DiRTyBuNNy
05-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Hhhhmm...on eBay..I'll have to check that out..ooohhh...and the only thing about County paintball is they don't say which one they have Backman or Frontman and if it's an LED or LCD..and if you try to email them at Mike@countypaintball.com the email bounces back to me..

billmi
05-16-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Top Secret
FYI Halo's are now a part of NPS. I don't think it had anything to do with the BE suit.

www.haloloader.com

While that's the word that's been going around the industry since the Ultimate Madness, Odyssey's staff denied it at the PSP Vegas tournament.

They have always had a strong working relationship with National Paintball Supply one of their largest customers, in fact most of last year they did all of their tech support at major tournaments at National's truck. It's possible that if it wasn't a buyout that they may have entered an exclusive distributorship, or sold product rights, or something along those lines.

Odyssey's web site is here:
http://www.odysseypaintball.com

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Thordic
05-16-2003, 12:54 PM
http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois?STRING=haloloader.com&SearchType=do&STRING2.x=34&STRING2.y=9

NPS owns www.haloloader.com.

cphilip
05-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Owning a domain does not begat owning a company. However it sure indicates some close working relationships. I do know that Paintball Inc. backed out of distibuting Halo's again at the last minute. And all the sudden National did. So that would indicate some exclusivity. However us small dealers still exist and order just like we always did direct from Odyssey. I suspect at a larger cost per unit... :(

Just yesterday on the phone with Odyssey they told me there is no truth to that story. And that NPS is indeed a large distributor for them. However they claim there is no truth at all to any buy out of them by National Paintball Supply.

Halo B's are in good stock now. However TSA's have been shipping out but they are currently out of stock on them. But they did fill all their large orders on them they said. That would mean National should have them. I have one on order just to take a look at them but do not know when it may arrive.

Thordic
05-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Oh I know NPS may not own Odyssey, just saying they own that website :)

Marchborne
05-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
Any links to a site w/ pics and info would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about getting a Halo. Will these feed as fast since they aren't force fed?

Chuck: If you're anywhere near the Pev's Fairfax shop, go check in with Rob. They had at least one of the "backman" TSA's in the shop when i ducked in last Saturday.

The TSA was a lot lighter than the Halo B, but man, is that thing loooong.

billmi
05-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
NPS owns www.haloloader.com.

Yeah, but they also own nppl.com, which has nothing to do with the ownership of NPPL, Inc., owned by Chuck Hendsch.

DjGruv
05-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Well..the only thing that worrries me is that the only thing slower than X-Mag production is Halo production so I'm afraid we won't see this thing in large numbers till at least WC..

Nothing is that slow!!:p

DjGruv
05-16-2003, 08:36 PM
:D :D

DiRTyBuNNy
05-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Well..Cphil..if you can get a backman...it can be the backup for my HaLo-B I'll really consider it...I still wonder about what the LCD is going to do for you vs. the LED...oh well...