PDA

View Full Version : The coolest Physics class :D

NJPaint
05-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Okay, well my AP Physics C exam is tommorow and starting the day after going till the end of the week we are spending doing experiments with a paintball gun (provided by yours truely because I suggested it) and we are analysing everything from the acceleration and shape of the paintball in the barrel and what the minimum length of the barrel can be with ideal accuracy to the paintball impact on a surface etc. Should be fun :D

btw, for simplicity sake we are using an Automag classic 68 that is clamped to a desk and held in place. (because a Timmy would be a little excessive or a bit dangerous)

Brak
05-11-2003, 07:25 PM
there should be enoguh stickys in deep blue to give you more than enough stuff, good luck

Rynoboy06
05-11-2003, 08:07 PM
And good luck on the C exam. I'm doing the B tomorrow and the C alternate next week. Should be good fun, by which I mean excruciatingly pain, as with all AP's.

NJPaint
05-11-2003, 08:20 PM
I dunno, I'm just chilling tonight, I've been studying to hard anyways.

AcemanPB
05-11-2003, 08:23 PM
AP classes suck, I've been studying for my AP World History exam all day today. I hope I make at least a four... (I seriously doubt I will though)

Thats cool that your school will actually let you look at something with the word gun in it.

Sinnet
05-11-2003, 08:35 PM
ugh... i had 2 ap tests last week. English wasn't so bad, except my hand cramped up, but parts of the calc one were KILLER.

thats awesome about the physics stuff though, i wish i was in that now instead of chem.

AcemanPB
05-11-2003, 08:54 PM
I had a couple of friends take the AP calc test the other day and all of them said it was really hard. This will be my first AP test tomorow and I have a feeling I'm goind to do very bad... I should have read the stupid textbook :cool:

I do get to miss half a day of school tomorow, and my teacher is going to let us bring PS2 and Xbox to school so we'll have something to do.

NJPaint
05-11-2003, 08:57 PM
haha ace thats what our senior lounge if for http://www.automags.org/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif

:D, one of the many benifits of going to a private school run by a bunch of rich Jewish parents

classicmagplayer
05-11-2003, 09:42 PM
I didn't think the calc was that hard...except the very last question on calc inactive, I just left parts of it totally blank.

I got physics B coming up tomorrow, but that doesn’t matter anyhow. My physics teacher sucked, so I'll be retaking the class in college. Bad thing is the physics test is in the afternoon, and I'm going to be hanging out with some friends before coming in to school and we might be drinking a little before the test. So the test should be fun. ;)

I cant wait to get back to school after the tests, all I have is 1 real class a day, English. So I will be going down to the metal shop and making stuff for my gun :D

Xyxyll
05-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Haha... what am I getting myself into. Taking my first 5 AP classes next year. Gunna be killer!

netjunk1e
05-12-2003, 02:48 PM
I took the AP Eng Lit, and AP Calc AB test. The Calc test sucked bad. THe multiple choice was easy but the problems were way too hard. I am good at calc and never though i would do as bad as i did. I hate that test now and it made my brain stop working. Luckily i graduate on the 31st. Yay, its soo soon!

Smoken
05-12-2003, 03:04 PM
All of you sayin the calc AP test is hard, too bad you didn't have a better teacher. The BC class I was in had 61 out of 63 people pass it (anyone can take the class and test, this is a public high school, not private). I truly believe we owe a major part of that pass percentage to our teacher. Just thought I'd share that.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that the AP tests are VERY worth it. I took Calc BC, Physics B, and English Lit & Comp last year. I got out of three math classes and two english classes in college because of the tests (passed Physics w/ a 4, but that doesn't help engineering majors at CalPoly. Oh Well.) To all who are finished taking the tests for this year, congrats on making it that far and I wish you the best of luck on your results in July.

Rynoboy06
05-12-2003, 03:07 PM
To all taking the Ap's, take heart from the curve. You only need approx. 60% of the numerical points to get a 4, or 45% to get a 3.

PS physics burned my mind, the free response did anyway. It was capacitance this and tesla farad that, and our physics course didn't go much deeper into electronics than V=IR.

AcemanPB
05-12-2003, 04:09 PM
I finished taking my AP world exam not too long ago. I'm glad it's over.... I don't think I did to well though, probably made a low three.

Multiple choice wasn't THAT bad but one of the essays really screwed me over.

Sinnet
05-12-2003, 05:37 PM
yeah, im taking 5 aps next year. gonna die

I actually felt good about the calc test until the last section, free-response without a calculator. That related-rate cylinder problem and the last one were horrid.

Rynoboy06
05-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Yeah, that coffepot one smoked me...

AcemanPB
05-12-2003, 05:53 PM
:eek: I don't see how or why anyone would take five AP classes in one year... heh the most I'm ever going to do is two a year. Next year I'm taking AP chem and AP physics and thats it.

I don't see how you can take five AP classes and have anything that resembles a social life at all... oh well mad props if you can pull it off..