PDA

View Full Version : RT shootup, no one ever have a problem?

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-11-2003, 08:36 PM
I played a tourny this weekend at one of my local indoor fields. As most of you know(maybe), there's a right way and a wrong waay to chrono in any of the RT valves. (In case you don't know) Rt's are meant to be shot at higher rates of fire. The faster you shoot, the more consistant it is and the higher the velocity it shoots. I always thought the difference would be menial until this weekend. I was chronoing in at around 260. Give or take. Just for the hell of it i started taking one shot at a time without holding the trigger. It was shooting 230. 30fps difference? That's a lot. So i could take one shot at a time and chrono in at 260, meanwhile i'm shooting 290? Anyone wanting to shoot a little hot could easily set up their RT to do the same. I would think any rulemakers for the higher up tournies would jump on this to disallow it. Anyone have any other problems with this? I don't think i've ever heard of anyone coming across something like this.

RT pRo AuToMaG
05-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Well, I guess as long as the refs knew how to chrono the marker, this shouldn't be an issue, but I can see how on an Emag, someone wouldn't think they'd have to chrono like an RT, and start shooting hot.

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Gaurantee you ask people about how to chrono in an rt, the majority of people playing paintball would look at you like you have 8 heads.

Lopy-slopy
05-11-2003, 09:13 PM
All refs should watch the RT video so they know how to chrono RT's.

_Spork_1
05-11-2003, 09:17 PM
that is why they came up with the way to chrono rt's correcntly, if your refs don't know about it, and if you don't feel bad about doing it and cheating by all means go do it........

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-11-2003, 09:32 PM
No i don't cheat, but i was just saying that it wouldn't be hard for people to do so.