PDA

View Full Version : Shootdown... is it my HPA tank?

yurchikcs
05-12-2003, 12:57 AM
I have been having shootdown issues since I bought my mag years ago, and now that I am just getting back into the sport this summer, I really want to resolve this problem. The shootdown became more pronounced when I installed a LX kit a few days ago. My setup includes a stock classic valve, proper length trigger rod, benchmark 45 frame, braided stainless lines, internals checked multiple times by AGD certified techs, all fed by a 68/4500 tank with a 32* regulator. No matter how I tweak this thing, I can not get it to reliably fire full-power more then about 4bps, and I am NOT short-stroking the trigger.

I suspect it is the tank, referencing this old thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15607&highlight=32+68%2F4500

That is the only thread I could find regarding a tank like mine. Does anyone else have experience with 32* pre-set tank regulators? Suggestions of a different reg to buy? Ideas of things to make my 'mag actually work and work well?

BTW: Thank god (well, Tom actually) that the Level 10 kit was invented, I was finally able to run 400+ rounds through this thing without chops.

Sputnik
05-12-2003, 06:57 AM
First thing I'd try is to replace all the orings and give the valve a thorough cleaning. Could be the regulator seat oring?

xen_100
05-12-2003, 12:55 PM
I would suspect the 32* tank. there is not one product by them that I like. they make complette crap most of the time. It is ussualy a tossup between them and BE who makes worse products.

do all the cleaning of the vale then see it is helps. or try a different tank (borrow a friends?) and see if it goes away.

Mav D MagMan
05-12-2003, 09:13 PM
If your internals are fine we can't site mech. trouble in your mag.

Have you tried any other tank on your gun? ;)

Try that and see if it alleviates your problem, I don't want to go right out and blame 32* (Or compare them to cheapo deapo) however they do have a reputation for copying everything they can get their hands on and not always doing a quality job.

Mav

Edit: The regulator is putting out at least 800 psi right? If not you're starving the valve

yurchikcs
07-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Update: I have since bought another valve (a SmartMag valve, to be exact). I fully rebuilt the new valve, oiled it up, and put it in my primary mag. Same problem. I guess I'll have my shop put on a Centerflag preset reg when they hydro the tank (it went out of hydro June 1st)