PDA

View Full Version : Diving + Paint in the Hopper = Messy Hopper

Jonesie
05-12-2003, 07:51 AM
I am looking for some on-filed advice, please feel free to add yourf opinions. :)

I play a bit of front and have a problem when going in hard. I don't worry too much about hurting myself, it's all about the game. However, I frequently end up breaking paint in my HALO. Not good.

I've considered the following ideas in fixing this issue:

#1 - Going empty hopper off the break, diving in, then popping a pod. The only issue I have with this is that it really only works at the start of a game. I don't really care to empty in the middle of a game, for numerous reasons.

#2 - Cramming the hopper so full that there's no movement for the paint. Similar issues to the empty hopper theory. Also, in order to cram the hopper full, I'd need to leave a pod partially empty. This would then kill the pod by breaking pod paint.

When diving I do put my body in harm's way to protect my X-Mag, BELIEVE me! :) So anyone who has any thoughts on this would be kind to offer them.

Thanks ~ Dave

-Carnifex-
05-12-2003, 07:58 AM
COuld you put some sort of padding in the Halo? Or maybe just come in at an angle where the hopper won't be hit?

rehme
05-12-2003, 08:10 AM
pack paint in the hopper before the game and fill that half way pod all the way up

manike
05-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Empty hopper on the break if you are really going for it, or full hopper on the break and when playing works (this is what I do). The halo B will run fine from a full hopper.

If you do have paint left in a pod, I just close the lid and leave it. I can then pick it up and use it in the next game etc.