PDA

View Full Version : Any problems with Egg 2s?

Quickling
05-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Ok I just got my eggo (W/ Y-board), I seriously love this thing :) but I am really worried about busting it. It seems well, thin. And I would like to ask those who have been using them, how well do they hold up? Is that feed neck strong? Is the shell strong? And if the shell does crack, does they sell replacement shells?

Skoad
05-12-2003, 10:30 AM
make sure your impeller thing spins counter clockwise.

the one my roomate got was hooked up backwards.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Yes, they sell replacement shells...they go for about $25 a set though..

Quickling
05-12-2003, 11:31 AM
cool, I think I will buy one and dye it blue or purple

paintball8869
05-12-2003, 11:40 AM
i haven't used mine much, a couple practices and a tournament. But it held up fine, never had any thoughts of it breaking actually. Dying mine and my teammates smoke today or tomorrow. We dyed our last eggs and they came out great (sold those so we could ge tthe ones with Y boards :) )

lopxtc
05-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Hey what process are you using to dye them?

Aaron

xen_100
05-12-2003, 12:28 PM
Most people are using RIT dye. just follow the instructions on the package.

lopxtc
05-12-2003, 01:02 PM
See thats what I thought, but I wasnt sure if it would work on a non-pourous surface.

Thanks,

Aaron

Originally posted by xen_100
Most people are using RIT dye. just follow the instructions on the package.

FreshmanBob
05-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Whats so special about the Y boards?

Quickling
05-12-2003, 01:57 PM
This dye?? (http://www.ritdye.com)

I had heard someone talk about heating the plastic in water... do I do that?

ANd lastly, has anyone tried a color fade?

adam shannon
05-12-2003, 03:15 PM
i have 3. 1 old and 2 new y-board. the shells are durrable. the feed hatches are ok...just dont drop it when its open or it will break off (the plastic is really thin around the screw hole). the big problem is 2 of mine have broken feed necks. the feed necks are sorta thin...and the seams dont lock good, they are tongue and grooved to fit together...but not tightly and if you have a tight feed neck on your marker just screwing the hopper on will torque the neck on the hopper and mat break it...also if you drop the marker it is likely to break off the neck...and the worst part is BE still hasnt been able to get more feed necks out...so everybody with a broken one is just waiting.

Duke Henry
05-12-2003, 03:54 PM
The biggest weakness is the lid. Mine was shot once in the back and it blew a hole in the lid. Now, the hole is small (not big enough for a paintball to fit through), but the hole is at the point where the spring holds the lid down (for reloading). So, when I want to reload I basically take three times as long to load, since I have to be extra careful to keep the lid open. I am awaiting a replacement lid, but until then I am forced to use my broken loader. (My HALO is at Odyssey getting repaired, as it seems the motor may have crapped out). It hasn't been a great loader month for me!

56kSomeGuy
05-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Where can you get the Y-board?

adam shannon
05-12-2003, 05:04 PM
it comes new with the new batches of evo 2's. you know its a y-board as opposed to the old board if it has a toggle switch on off as oposed to the old push button on off.

56kSomeGuy
05-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Is there an upgrade to the Y-board for people that already have an egg II?

Catch22
05-12-2003, 05:24 PM
What is special about the Y board? does it have a Faster feed rate supposedly????

56kSomeGuy
05-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Catch22
What is special about the Y board? does it have a Faster feed rate supposedly????

It is capable of 20bps and replaces the push button with a switch.... well that is all i know.

Kevmaster
05-12-2003, 07:02 PM
what else do you want from a circuit board in a hopper other than faster feeding?

sharpshooter1286
05-12-2003, 07:20 PM
is there an upgrade kit for eggII users with the old style board, if so how much does it cost and what does it do etc.

Lopy-slopy
05-12-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't get eggs. Arnt they basicaly the same tchnology as revy's. All they realy do is stir up the paintballs.

ZyperioN
05-12-2003, 09:08 PM
not at all, they are more simliar to the Halo's in the fact that they force the paintballs down into the gun using a fan-style impeller.

-Carnifex-
05-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Can someone give me a link to the Y-board?

DiRTyBuNNy
05-12-2003, 11:49 PM
As far as I know there isn't a link to any spot on the BE site that provides any info about the Y-board..but Kevmaster seems to be the local BE union member..so you may want to ask him..as far as the upgrade price..hhmm...I never got to ask them at Vegas when they were doing the conversions..but I imagine it's less than $25

Skoad
05-13-2003, 12:12 AM
i don't know much about the y-boards but i do know they replaced the on/off button with a switch for convience purposes.

and my roomate got his egg the other day and the first thinghe did was take off the lid springs. if he locked the lid all the way open it was too hard to get back closed, and if he just held the lid open it was awkward to feed.

so now he just slides it opena nd slides it closed.

Lopy-slopy
05-13-2003, 12:15 AM
not at all, they are more simliar to the Halo's in the fact that they force the paintballs down into the gun using a fan-style impeller.
How can a egg force paint down like a halo if it uses a spinning

Quickling
05-13-2003, 07:25 AM
its not force feed and its not gravity... its somewhere in between.

the inside of the egg is angled to a center feeding section. This feeding section has been called gumball feed. If you propellers are in the right place (not blocking the feed hole) they can feed (very slowly) into the gun without batteries.

On to how it works...

The eggo is similar to the revvy in that when you dont need a ball there is no pressure on the balls inside (ie not force fed), they are allowed to be at rest, but the gumball feed has 6 or 8 balls (cant remember which) in its propellers waiting to cram into the neck.

The sensor to feed is just ahead of the propellers, when that ball moves, the propellers whirl sending as many balls as it takes to fill that feed neck. they will keep spinning as fast as they can.. there is not break like in the revvy.

so if you were to fire rapid fire, the egg would have no reason to stop spinning and will spin until its empty (then ya gotta refil or shut it off) :)

I love this hopper, it feeds REALLY fast, and those propellers really get moving, I dont doubt the 20bps that the y-board claims. One rotation of the propellers feeds 6-8 balls, with more refilling the feed as the propeller empties.

I hope this was semi helpful....

Kevmaster
05-13-2003, 09:39 AM
well...my info on the Y-Boards is sour....I was told a week ago that production on these bad boys had not started....well...thats obviously wrong. I'll call around today and see what I can come up with...but the upgrade board is around $25-30 at most stores. I have 10 coming to me sometime....

Quickling
05-13-2003, 09:59 AM
I know they are out.. BE just doesnt know they are out :rolleyes: Ive got one in my egg.. unless a switch does not equal Y-Board. Maybe they are talking about the upgrade isnt out yet?

Kevmaster
05-13-2003, 11:45 AM
spoke with an upper level BE exec today....

they have ~50,000 EggoIIs with Y-boards and 180,000 Y-Boards alone. All in stock at their warehouse...I'll be getting mine soon...and yes...it is a rolling upgrade...so people who order from BE will get theirs with the Y-board for their stores. People who have them already in stock may or may not have a Y-board on it. espeicially the big suppliers....check before you order!

Derman2k
05-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Where could I order clear shells?

Kevmaster
05-13-2003, 10:07 PM
www.dropzonepaintball.com is BE's main distributor...also BE should have some 1-877-877-GAME

Quickling
05-14-2003, 07:37 AM
up because I love the word "eggolution" and hate polls

Kevmag
05-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Does the Evo use 2 x 9V batteries like the Revy? Does it regulate the voltage down to 12V? Is it much lighter than the HALO? Thanks.

Kevin

Quickling
05-14-2003, 01:41 PM
I think its VERY light.. but I seem to be in the minority. Yes the eggo uses 2 9volts, but there is a paddle speed adjuster on the side of the hopper, The slower the paddles turn (ie 12bps instead of 19bps) the less juice is used.

I dont know if it regulates the voltage down to 12volts.