PDA

View Full Version : mag tourney competetive?

nitewolf_9
05-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Well, I just decided to go with an intelli frame over the hyperframe for my classic 68 automag.
What I wanna know is, will my marker be tourney competetive or not? I dunno if I should sell and get an electro, or keep this gun and buy an xvalve. I really love my mag, and I would like to keep it if I can use it practically in tourney's.
Here is my marker setup:

68 automag powerfeed h/l
12v revvy xboard
12" dye boomstick
lvl 10
88/4500 air america raptor rex
intelli frame (blade, black)

Some people laugh when they see I'm using a mech mag, then I waste them and they shut up (intelli frame is capable of really laying on the paint, and plus it looks so cool!).
But my question is, will it cut it in a tourney? (just joined a team and tournies are commin up in june)
I usually play back/mid, so I have to really keep people's heads down. Any input is appreciated, thanks alot guys.

Dayspring
05-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, I have two guys on my team that shoot Classic mags. They do pretty well and lay paint when needed, so i guess the answer is yes.

HOWEVER, an X-Valved mag will be faster than anything out there. If you want that guarantee, go X-Valve.

If you look at the AGD sponsored teams, most of them shoot ReTro mags. A few shoot Emags. You'll do just fine. :)

WARPED1
05-12-2003, 12:52 PM
Keep the mag and go X! I'm saving now for one.

maglover52
05-12-2003, 01:18 PM
yeah keep it and go x

FreshmanBob
05-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Well, I have two guys on my team that shoot Classic mags. They do pretty well and lay paint when needed, so i guess the answer is yes.

HOWEVER, an X-Valved mag will be faster than anything out there. If you want that guarantee, go X-Valve.

If you look at the AGD sponsored teams, most of them shoot ReTro mags. A few shoot Emags. You'll do just fine. :)

I would be one of those two, and it works pretty nicely. I play front so there's not a great deal of laying going on (more like people are laying it at me) but there are a few times when I wish I could shoot faster. Even so, I wouldn't worry too much about it. See how your first tourny goes an decide off that.

darklord
05-12-2003, 01:48 PM
anything can be considered a "tournament" marker... just bring it to the tourney! The only thing that would concern me would be ROF. If you can pull fast on it, then go with it, just make sure you can shoot fast, and it's reliable. Fast shooting helps when you're in a tight spot and need to snap shoot if you're pinned. I personally use a matrix, and love slinging paint with ease to keep people pinned. If you're playing back, like I do, you'll probably just want an accurate gun over a paint slinging machine. It doesn't require a lot of firepower to just keep someone pinned, just make sure that their heads stay down, and if they don't, make sure that their heads are in the path of your paint stream! :D

nitewolf_9
05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
awesome, thanks alot guys, needed a confidence boost...:D

yeah, I really don't want anything else other than my mag, and the intelli frame just looks too cool to not use. Xvalve here I come...