PDA

View Full Version : HALO B craps Out (again)

Russ
05-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Turned my "A" ito a "B"...odessey forgot to install a couple parts.

sent it in, the parts were installed, but the HALO didn't work.

sent it BACK in, the motor was replaced. odyssey claimed the motor "went bad"

yesterday (5-11) the HALO died again...just stopped working. batteries are good, LED's work as their suposed to. HALO gets sent back to texas...

When will it end? This thing should be getting frequent flier miles :eek:

manike
05-12-2003, 12:09 PM
You have to be the Worlds most unlucky paintballer :(

You've definitely checked it with another set of new batteries?

I heard that with the set up of the new production facility they ended up getting a batch of dodgy electronics go out. It's a shame you have to keep sending it back, but I know they will look after you.

cphilip
05-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Yea, Russ is definately the Rodney Dangerfield of paintball...

Sorry Russ. This is just gettin freakin weird.

I had one of my first ones with the bad motor but since then almost 20 units have passed through my hands without a hitch. I just don't know what to tell ya bro...

I am thinking both Odyssey and AGD are going to start paying you NOT to buy their products soon... :rolleyes: :( :D

personman
05-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Both my Halo B and my micro E-mag work perfectly :p

;)

That really sucks dude, you really are unlucky.. I hope you get it all worked out and stuf..

Hexis
05-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Anyone have a bad juju cure?

I need some too.

Odyssey has had my HALO A for 25 buisness days (or 35 actual days) and I have not gotten the B in return. I have called a few times, and they assure me it will be soon. Well that was two weeks ago I have given up. It's a good thing my 12v Revvy works well. And with level 10, I have had no issues.

I feel a portion of your pain Russ.

Russ
05-13-2003, 09:41 AM
You've definitely checked it with another set of new batteries? Yeah, I have 2 battery holders, one chuck full of brand-new batteries...I even checked the voltage with a voltmeter...That HALO is dead in the water.

Just for reference, The HALO started to "stutter" occasionally, just before it died. the impeller would kinda shake around, not feed, and it wasn't jammed...it would just stutter...

My 12v Revy's just keep on plugging away, and with the LX, I get no chops, it weighs less, and is 1/2 the cost...so why do I need a HALO?

DiRTyBuNNy
05-13-2003, 10:30 AM
That's the same reason why I went with a Egg II, Russ...lighter and $50 less..

jaylock33
05-13-2003, 12:05 PM
I also use the egg II, the profile really isn't that bad when set up on an ULE body. Got it for $80 and it's fast enough for me only problem is their were having trouble keeping up with demand for a little bit.