PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Comedians?

FreshmanBob
05-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Anyone got a favorite comedian here? I'm downloading some Mitch Hedburg from kazaa, lordy is he great.

classics like
"I like to go to the beach and bury metal objects in the sand that say 'get a life'. I also like to put notes in bottles and throw them into the water, when someone picks one up and reads it, I sneak up behind them. The note says 'I'm right behind you'"

orr
"I rent alota cars because I'm on the road a lot. Sometimes I drive like 10 miles with the emergency brake on. That really doesn't say alot about me, but it says a lot about the emergency break. It's really not an emergency break, its a emergency make the car smell funny lever.

dansim
05-12-2003, 06:10 PM
i love dave attel, and it may very well be in a sexual way lol;) :eek: :p he cracks me up

"you know drinking alone leads to bad things, like im alone in my apartment an ive had a few and the next thing you know, I got my penis in teh fish tank saying whos the man now?, all the fish are hiding in teh castle, eve the little scuba diver stopped bubbling, then like all bad drinking binges it ends when your grandma walks in on ya"

Clare
05-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Sinbad is awesome! I went to see his show a little over a year ago and got to meet him afterwards. I was ecstatic! :D

FreshmanBob
05-12-2003, 06:17 PM
O man I'm listenin to this whole CD

"With stop lights, green means go, yellow means yield and red means stop. But with banana's, its the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go and red means what the **** kind of a banana is that?"

"I'm against picketting, but I don't know how to show it."

Python14
05-12-2003, 06:19 PM
I forgot his name but I saw him on Comedy central. Heres some of what he said...

"I have this asian roomate and whenever she comes in, I play (short stereotypcial oriental song on piano). Sh gets so mad and says "Why do you do that? You know it's offensive?"" I tell her "Because, I don't have a gong"

"Recently, a friend of mine was diagnosed with multiple personalities and there is absolutely nothing funny about that. A week ago, he called me up though, and my caller ID exploded"

"Sometimes, I like to go to bad movies when they are in like the eigth week of showing and there is like one person the theatre. I like to sit down right next to them and about halfway through the movie, during a quiet part, I like to lean over and say "SHHHHHH, I can't hear Keanu"

Every time I see him, I roll on the ground laughing.

There is this other guy who did some stand up and he was impersonating a self-defense teacher for his set. He was talking about why he got into it....you must know though, he never left a straight face. You could have lit your own fart and burned youself and he wouldn't even crack a smile..
anyway he goes....

"2 years ago, my daughter was kidnapped. From that day, I promised, I swore that I would look for her for the rest of the weekend."

dansim
05-12-2003, 06:33 PM
yeah that guy is quite funny with his 12 peice ex girlfriend acapella group, with his sign that says "i look like fat jesus" i had his tony danza star quote in my sig for a couple of weeks lol

ZSigErik
05-12-2003, 06:39 PM
that guy you are thinking of is on Conan too, and he has a WEIRD last name, its like Galaphnakis or something, John I think or Josh, something like that...

I love Nick Swardson and John Gaffigan and Harland Williams.

Nick- "Man, IF i go through life without getting stabbed..I win..."

NewMag
05-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Lewis Black and Eddie Izzard.

L. Black-"You people in Wisconsin, you drink so much, how do you guys know when it's New Years?!"

L. Black as wisconsin-"That's when we drink. . .with hats on."

theraidenproject
05-12-2003, 09:38 PM
You guys are talking about Zach Galifinakis (sp?). I saw him live in NYC. He came on before Lewis Black, the headliner. Both were hilarious, even though Lewis used a lot of material I had already heard. I think the funniest thing Galifinakis said was, "I was drinking the other morning... with my mom... and she said, 'I havn't been this drunk since I was pregnant with you'". It doesn't sound as funny now, since typing can't replicate the timing.

Anyway, a few other comedians I like are Dave Attel, Dave Chapelle. For some reason, no others are coming to mind, but that's not all I like.

ProjectMag
05-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Dane Cook is quite the comedian. I sometimes watch BET's Comicview as well, some good ones on there at times like Arnez J, others are pretty bad. I'm partial to comedians who do impersonations - always gets my attention. ;)

SlipknotX556
05-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Dennis Leary

Brian Regan

My 2 favorite.

AutomagRT1483
05-12-2003, 10:16 PM
GEORGE CARLIN!!!!:D

Dave Chapelle is in a close second;)

Koosh
05-12-2003, 11:03 PM
I'll second George Carlin... one of the funniest men alive... and for 30 years running!

There are alot on Comedy Central I dont' know the name to... What was the guy's name who danced in front of the choir while ripping off the giant posterboard?

I also liked him describing his look when asking for it in a beauty salon:

"I want the Young Santa Clause"

"I'd like the Sea Captain"

"How about the Fat Jesus"

"I'll take the Rapist"

Or how about Robin Williams Live on Broadway? Now there is some messed upped stuff there... When he goes off on Golf is classic, or basically when he starts the impressions its all funny!

(edit)
AHH! I forgot about David Cross! If you haven't heard him, you HAVE TO! He's been in a few movies (most were crappy, like the guy in the wheelchair in Scary Movie 2), but has a WICKED stand up. What are you waiting for? Go out an buy (or just download) his CD "Shut up you *cough* Freaking *cough* Baby" its soooo funny.

(anyone who gets offended at the making fun of religions may not want to look into that... or if you don't like alot of swearing...)

BareBack
05-12-2003, 11:40 PM
My faves - Billy Connolly and Carl Baron.

"If you can lie on the ground without holding on, you're sober" - Billy

pbzmag
05-13-2003, 02:06 AM
Bill Cosby. Nuff said.

Gallagher - How can you not like sledgehammers and watermelons!

adam68c
05-13-2003, 02:50 AM
That guys is so fricking funny. I lisnted to one set of his called take a joke America it was funny as hell but also made good points. He makes a lot of racists joke about everyone espically mexicans but its cool cause hes mexican. One of my favorite things he says is after ragging on gay guys he'll say "but you know im only jokeing. If you can take a dick you can take a joke" hahaha so funny when he says it. He also does a hilarious taliban impression. Hahaha good stuff.

ShooterJM
05-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Carlos Mencia RULES! I'm definately gonna see him next times he's in denver.

"Hey if you live in kansas, and you get hit by a tornado, why are you surprised. I mean COME ON, you live in a place called "Tornado Alley"! If you don't want to get hit by tornado's....MOVE. It's not even that hard....your house probably has WHEELS! :D ;) "

Pablo Franciso is good, Dave Attel is good, Dave Chapelle and a few others.

RetroEclipseMan
05-13-2003, 08:01 PM
How about Bill Hicks. Even though some of his stuff was really out there it was pretty funny. Oh, I'm suprised that nobody mentioned Ryan Brewer. That guy has to be one of the funniest guys on Comedy Central next to Mitch Hedburg.

DaveDog
05-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Bill Hicks, Sam Kinison and I just heard some Tim Allen that busted me up. I hate Home Improvement, but that was funny.

cris8762
05-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Carlos Mencia and Lewis Black are sooo dang funny!!!

I know what "chilito" really means!!!!

ttoad4000t
05-13-2003, 10:14 PM
my top 3 are

1. Jerry Seinfeld

2. Dennis Miller

3. Robin Williams

TransMan
05-13-2003, 10:25 PM
my favorite would be Sarah Silverman shes so hot :D

ShooterJM
05-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by TransMan
my favorite would be Sarah Silverman shes so hot :D

Hehehe yeah I forgot about her! She's funny as crap! Haven't been able to find any stand up CD's from her though.

pbzmag
05-14-2003, 10:50 AM
I forgot to add Jeff Foxworthy. Nothing like a good redneck joke!

pbcustom98
05-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by SlipknotX556
Dennis Leary

Brian Regan

My 2 favorite.

BRIAN REGAN is my favorite.. "hook-ed on pa-honix worrk-ed for me, me!"

"Twister was fun..They wouldnt let me so I put vasoline on the colored circles...Left leg.......BROKEN!"

Anyhow Geore Carlin is good and so is Chris Rock.

maglover52
05-14-2003, 01:59 PM
adam sanndler
"come here mister penguin we gonna send you back to the south pole"

jdev
05-14-2003, 02:47 PM
sam kinnison
dennis leary
dennis miller
george carlin
eddie izzard
robin williams

and I am suprised that nobody said bob saget. (or did and I missed it)

I know.. the guy from full house, but if you see/hear some of his standup.. its raunchy and funny.

Dayspring
05-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Robin Williams
Gallagher
Lisa Lampanelli (absolutely hysterical)
Tim Allen

There's a bunch on Comedy Central that are great but I never remember their names.

Mossman
05-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Robin william's HBO special was too funny for words. Eddie Izzard is hilarious. George Carlin is a living comedic legend :)

But my personal fave. is Dave Chappelle. Saw that guy live about a year ago, oh dear god it was too much.

I don't know how he can make a theater worker lady telling him to put his cigarette out into a 5 minute laugh fest but he pulled it off.

Dave is my hero.

TigerMan
05-14-2003, 03:24 PM
My personal favorite is Dave Chappelle right now. His Killing Them Softly comedy special that was on HBO is the best. Chris Rock is great as well. I also like Carlin and Robin Williams.

Originally posted by FreshmanBob
Anyone got a favorite comedian here? I'm downloading some Mitch Hedburg from kazaa, lordy is he great.

classics like
"I like to go to the beach and bury metal objects in the sand that say 'get a life'. I also like to put notes in bottles and throw them into the water, when someone picks one up and reads it, I sneak up behind them. The note says 'I'm right behind you'"

orr
"I rent alota cars because I'm on the road a lot. Sometimes I drive like 10 miles with the emergency brake on. That really doesn't say alot about me, but it says a lot about the emergency break. It's really not an emergency break, its a emergency make the car smell funny lever.

He did his act on Comedy Central, and I didn't like it all really. I felt like he was reading me a joke book, way too many one liners for a comedian I felt. I like comedians who have a sort of routine, something that leads to the next.

pputkowski
05-14-2003, 06:41 PM
D/L Pablo Francisco bro...he's hillarious.
-Lil Tortilla Boy

Mossman
05-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by TigerMan
I like comedians who have a sort of routine, something that leads to the next.

Just like Dave. I love Dave. We love Dave. We are just one big Dave loving family.

Mmmmmm dave :)

If he did another HBO special i'd hitchhike anywhere in the US to see it live :)