PDA

View Full Version : Velocity problem

bryceeden
05-13-2003, 07:39 AM
First I run CO2, I can't fill HPA in my area so I don't have that choice. Yesterday was the first time I have played in warm weather and my marker kept supercharging, I turned the velocity down and the only effect was a 572FPS shot and then the marker wouldn't function untill I turned it up more. It was only 70 degrees out there and during the summer it frequently gets above 100 so I am really worried. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem?

-Carnifex-
05-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Uhhhh, I wasn't aware that heat affected CO2, just cold. Probably wrong. Try buying a new tank if I'm right though.

shartley
05-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Do you have a good expansion chamber? This allows the CO2 to become more uniform in temperature and will help your consistency.

Yes, heat as well as cold affects CO2 setups. It is quite common to have to crono several times a day if the temperature warms up a great deal from the morning crono temps. I always advise at least once in the morning, once at noon, and then if you play into the evening go ahead and check it again. And try not to leave your marker out in the direct sunlight. (Note: Sometimes you even have to swap springs to bring the velocity down so keep a spring kit handy.)

With that said, it sounds like you have a bad setup. With shooting hot because of outside temperatures, it should affect ALL your shots. I would bring it to a shop and have them look it over.

Koosh
05-13-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by bryceeden
First I run CO2, I can't fill HPA in my area so I don't have that choice. Yesterday was the first time I have played in warm weather and my marker kept supercharging, I turned the velocity down and the only effect was a 572FPS shot and then the marker wouldn't function untill I turned it up more. It was only 70 degrees out there and during the summer it frequently gets above 100 so I am really worried. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem?

It might help if you tell us what kind of gun you have first, and any mods to it ;)

bryceeden
05-13-2003, 10:10 PM
It is an automag classic. The only mod that would affect the valve is a shocktech charger.