PDA

View Full Version : PMI Premium vs.Marballizer

Mer
05-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Hello,

I just got some PMI Premium paint and have a question. I've only used Marballized until now so the PMI is new to me. My question is:

Is PMI a fragile paint or does Marballizer just have a really tough shell? The PMI seems a lot more fragile than the Marballizer that I'm used to. I dropped a PMI on the ground and it broke open where the Marballizer seem to take more abuse and not break as easy.

Thanks,

Eric

wyn1370
05-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I've actually switched over to premium from marbs. Marbs have gotten very tough in the past year or so (ever since they got the advantage shell). I was getting sick of them bouncing off of people. The premiums seem to break very well and are cheaper.

xmetal2001
05-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Marbs do have very tough shells, but in my experience Marbs seem to shoot better(assuming right bore size).

fire1811
05-13-2003, 10:23 AM
i ran into the same thing at practice couple weeks ago
we where shooting premium and if you droped it from waist high it would break
it was awesome
and cheaper lol

Mer
05-13-2003, 10:28 AM
That's about the same thing that happened to me. Dropped from about 3' and it broke.

I've heard about the 6' drop test and how you're supposed to get 5 drops + or -. No way this would have passed.

Wierd.

fire1811
05-13-2003, 10:31 AM
yeah but i like my paint like that(very easy breaking)
i have my lvlX in my xmag set so i can do the dollar bill test numerous times.

OutRage86
05-13-2003, 11:43 AM
If you use Premium try using Big Ball, its a Lil Cheaper, But the only major difference i have seen since i most of the time use Premium. The only diff i see is the thickness of the fill.

fire1811
05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
im used to ultra evil or evil so thick is good :D

Torbo
05-13-2003, 01:50 PM
i think the pmis are a pretty good balance. The fill isnt really very thick though. Not really a good comparisin to evil, marbs, etc. as they are 15$ more expensive

Jimmi9999
05-14-2003, 03:50 AM
i've dropped marbs from a two story building and they still bounce. i've noticed that the premiums are a little bigger than marbs.

reefer madness
05-14-2003, 04:42 AM
this is off topic but why are yellow fill rps allstars $10 cheaper than green fill?

Mossman
05-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by reefer madness
this is off topic but why are yellow fill rps allstars $10 cheaper than green fill?

this is probably just 1 store, i've never seen that. I'd guess that the store with the cheap yellows is just trying to clear out old stock.

rdb123
05-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Hate to bring this one back, but are Evil shells much more fragile than All Star shells?

Evil Bob
05-28-2003, 06:40 PM
As far as RPS goes, Marbs have a better size consistancy then the premiums do, I get barrel breaks far too often with the premium, haven't had a marb break on me in the barrel since last year. I prefer to have a ball bounce off of the other guy then to break paint in my barrel and ruin any chance of hitting them.

For fragile tourny paint, I shoot Diablo Hellfire every chance I can get (unless the venue is selling something else and doesnt have that option available). Hellfire is like the marbs for consistancy, I can shoot a full weekend with it and only have a couple barrel breaks.

Haven't gotten around to shooting Evil yet, so I cannot comment on how it performs.

-Evil Bob

rdb123
05-28-2003, 07:01 PM
...funny, I thought you would considering your nick. ;)

wiseguy05
05-30-2003, 08:42 AM
In my opinion I think that PMI premium is the second best paint and EVIL is the first best. RPS is the best paintballs ever made because the way they are made is a patent way which leaves no dimpples on the ball. But to get back on the subject pink filled PMI premium is some awesome stuff and it is 10 times better than all star.

AlabamaMan
05-30-2003, 01:59 PM
i love premium's. I would shoot them all the time, except our local tourny's are field paint only (team colors playoff series). As much as love the premium paintballs, i'm starting to like the playoff series. It's a little cheaper, the seams are almost non existant, it's consistant, and it's super brittle, it will break on anything. The last three tourny's it averaged 0-2 bounce.

Dayspring
05-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Evil is BY FAR the best paint around.

nt2004
05-30-2003, 03:05 PM
I've been using premium for a few years now. I like the price but i dont understand what you guys have been saying. i drop Premium a lot and it doesnt break easily. i had to puncture it with a knife for it to break.

Duke Henry
05-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Evil is BY FAR the best paint around.

Evil is great, Maxim is better. Maxim-2...who knows?

Anyway, back on topic: are you referring to PMI Premium, or Premium GOLD?

As far as I remember, GOLD is the same price as Marbs...

For practice, I shoot Bigball since it is cheap and if you can get the job done with Bigball, you can do it with the better stuff.

yeahthatsme
05-30-2003, 06:30 PM
i absolutely love pmi premium! its gooood stuph.